GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,584
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,561
3 members and 1,558 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 05-07-2003, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Guess what is coming out on DVD?!?!!?

THE LION KING!!! My favoritest Disney movie.

LION KING on DVD in OCTOBER

I know that is a ways off, but I am excited!!

Yippee Skippy Hooray!!

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 05-07-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FLKING
Wink

CT4, I agree with you on the Lion King being Disney's best animated feature. I loved it so much I have a nine year old 225 pound Great Dane named..........

MU FAS SA (in my best Whoopi Goldberg voice) oooooooooh say it again
Old 05-07-2003, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FLKING
CT4, I agree with you on the Lion King being Disney's best animated feature. I loved it so much I have a nine year old 225 pound Great Dane named..........

MU FAS SA (in my best Whoopi Goldberg voice) oooooooooh say it again

heeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll naaaaaaaaaaaaaw @ the DOG. Name is cool but that dog sounds like a miniature pony.

CT4 does not do dogs AT ALL!!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
I am excited too!!! I got the Toy Story/Toy Story 2 Collection right before it went back into the vault and I have the Beauty and the Beast Special Edition and it's slated to go back in the vault sometime soon if it hasn't already. As soon as somebody starts taking reserve orders, I'm there!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
Re: Guess what is coming out on DVD?!?!!?

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
THE LION KING!!! My favoritest Disney movie.

LION KING on DVD in OCTOBER

I know that is a ways off, but I am excited!!

Yippee Skippy Hooray!!

I feel ya on that Soror, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Lion King!!!! I will be purchasing that as SOON as it comes out!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

OCTOBER 7th -- That day is a good day

Latest 'Lion King' DVD roars with a new song
52 minutes ago Add Entertainment - USA TODAY to My Yahoo!

By Andy Seiler, USA TODAY

The circle of life will surround DVD owners in a whole new way on Oct. 7. Walt Disney Pictures has seamlessly added a new animated song and sequence, Morning Report, to a special two-disc edition of The Lion King.

"It's the most anticipated Disney movie on DVD, and the exciting news is that it's not just the movie that they all loved," says Gordon Ho, senior vice president of marketing for Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

Inserting a song written by Elton John (news) and Tim Rice for the Broadway version, Disney animators have crafted an entirely new, brief animated scene for the film, the biggest animated hit of all time until Nemo swam along.

While the studio did this once before for the DVD of Beauty and the Beast, that scene had already appeared in an IMAX big screen re-release. This is the first time Disney has added a newly animated scene specifically for a DVD.

"It's impossible to capture lightning in a bottle twice, but I don't think we need to," says Don Hahn, producer of the original film and the new sequence. "This song was an easy one to fit in, and we're lucky that we still have a lot of the same people working in our studios."

The new "rebuilt" version is also in wide screen, includes extra details in the animation originally created for IMAX and also has a newly remixed musical score and three-dimensional sound effects intended for home theater systems, so the jungle appears to surround you in your living room.

It all sounds like an adventure but it raises a prickly question: How far back into its library will Disney go to make "improvements"? Would the studio do this to The Jungle Book? Snow White? When should a movie be left alone?

Disney's answer: Not to worry. It's all about options. The original version of The Lion King, with no remixing, no tinkering and no new song, will also be included in the DVD.

"The purists out there can see the movie exactly as it was in 1994," Hahn says. "Those who enjoy seeing new innovations can sing a new song."

Ho thinks he knows which you'll choose.

"Nine out of 10 people will prefer the home theater mix," Ho predicts. "I mean, the wildebeests feel like they're stampeding over your head."
Old 09-05-2003, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Philly but now I reside in the Mighty Midwest right outside Chicago
Well it is awesome to know someone else shares my love for The Lion King. I loved the movie, but when I got to see the play, I was completely blown away. It's good to have an inner child Thanks CT4 for letting us closet kids come out play
Old 09-05-2003, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by taylaur_2000
Well it is awesome to know someone else shares my love for The Lion King. I loved the movie, but when I got to see the play, I was completely blown away. It's good to have an inner child Thanks CT4 for letting us closet kids come out play
I saw the play in Toronto. It was AMAZING, to say the least!! I cried at the play because it was THAT good.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 09-05-2003, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I pre-ordered my copy already from Wal-Mart.com. This is one of the bste movies EVER!!!! I don't care how old I am. I will ALWAYS watch this movie and I can't wait for my sons to see it.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Philly but now I reside in the Mighty Midwest right outside Chicago
Girl me too. I was more into it than my kids. It makes you say "who comes up with this stuff"

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
I saw the play in Toronto. It was AMAZING, to say the least!! I cried at the play because it was THAT good.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
I am so on that!!! Sleeping Beauty comes out on Tuesday, but I am SOOOO ready to see the Lion King and the new song!!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

TTT

Tomorrow is the day.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
i'm planning on walking down to best buy on my lunch break tomorrow to buy this. i'm so excited!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I like Lion King...but I must say that my all time favorite is Cinderella
Old 10-06-2003, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

The Lion King is the bomb movie!! I saw it in theaters a couple of times (I have no children, but my grown behind was all up in there!! )

I've also seen the theatrical production in Toronto it was breath taking. I plan to see it again in 2004 when it comes to Detroit.

I will definitely be buying this video.

My all time favorite Disney animated film is Beauty and the Beast! The Lion King is a close second.

on a side note... Finding Nemo is suppossed to hit stores Nov. 4,2003 (That was a cute movie)