Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,193
0 members and 1,193 guests
No Members online

Old 08-28-2002, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jilly
Question Dress Code

I was just wondering what other chapters had for a dress code, specificly at meetings. At Alpha we have a very "relaxed" buisness casual(khakis and a button down will do). We have some girls who want jeans and tees and others who would like to see us look more professional. I am on the professional side. I dont see the harm in requesting everyone to dress up in a suit or nice outfit once a week. I think it makes us look better when we have guest. We are professional so I think we should look the part! Any one else have an opinion???
Jilly
Old 08-28-2002, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EAGoodgirl
We have a very strict dress code at chico. We broke it down into five different parts. Formal business, business, casual, sigma alpha public and sigma alpha private. Its very detailed and we have found that this helps out the sisters because there is no grey area. If you would like a copy email me at mgoldfin@mail.csuchico.edu

In sisterhood
Michelle
Old 08-29-2002, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RRRastani
Jilly-

This is a good point to touch on, as all chapters tend to do things differently. Most chapters that I know of tend to be more relaxed in their meetings, and more professionally dressed for events and ceremonies. Maybe your chapter could compromise by having a professional dress once or twice a month, with the other times being business casual. Just a thought.

FYI: Lambda has many dress codes as well. Maybe a sister from Davis will post here as well.

Best of luck to you and the Alpha girls.

Robin
Old 08-29-2002, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

At our chapter we have girls that are coming from the farm or from work to our meetings, we do not have a dress code for our meetings but we do for rush, and speakers, and other events.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

At Gamma we have the same kind of issues of girls coming to meetings from class and work. SO we rotate our meeting schedule it's always Monday night at 8 pm One week will be a sisterhood meeting, wear what you like. The next is business, we wear our khakis and polo shirts. The following week is a professional meeting, you need to be wearing professional dress we usually have a guest speaker come on or do some professional development within the chapter, like resume building, etiquette skills, interview tips and critiques.

The kind of meeting basicly tells you what you can show up in. It has helped for the girls that don't usually wear their suites, and the sisterhood meeting keep it easy for the girls who have a tighter schedule.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ansturge Send a message via Yahoo to ansturge
i dont have a copy of our dress code

its pretty strict and i dont exactly agree with all of it

BUT

its pretty detailed and leaves little room for confusion

but i have no idea at the moment where to find it..

i will get back to you on it
Old 09-07-2002, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to murraygrl1
Our dress code is very relaxed. Some of our girls have horses on campus and are feeding right before our meetings with little time in between to put on pumps. We're usually jeans and t-shirts here at Murray St. Do any Sigma Alpha chapters have specific days when all the girls wear their letters... I think it is a very good idea for us because we are new. Plus, I love to wear my letters and meet girls who are interested in joining. (I just love to give my two cents in any conversation!)
Old 09-08-2002, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EAGoodgirl
At chico st thursday is "greek" day on campus so most people in the greek system wear letters. We dont require it but a hand full of girls will wear them. Also its in our bylaws that we have to wear letters on founder's day of both EA nationally and our chapter locally

In sisterhood
Michelle