GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,179
1 members and 1,178 guests
No Members online

Old 10-03-2002, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
hopefully this isn't a repeat...

alright... so i tried searching for this topic but my search returned about 1000 threads that didn't really touch the question i want to ask. so if i am repeating an already debated topic, please refer me to it. thanks.

anyway... can an initiated member of a national GLO, (ie one that signed her bid, got her pin, is still fully associated with) rush and accept a bid from a associate member of PHC local sorority? What happens if she accepts a bid from the local? Can she go back to the national if the local finds a problem with her?

there is a small story behind that question but i feel i would just confuse everyone by trying to keep things annonymous. If you really want to know... PM me.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Check your CPH bylaws...

In many cases a local sorority must, in becoming an associate member of the panhellenic, agree to abide by all NPC rules with respect to member recruitment. If that's the case at your campus, you would not be able to pledge a local after being initiated into an NPC group. But otherwise the NPC rules only really restrict the NPC groups, and wouldn't keep a local from pledging you. As to whether you could then go back if it didn't work out, that would totally be up to the NPC group.