Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,136
0 members and 1,136 guests
No Members online

Old 02-26-2001, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Post I need help with fundraising ideas

I just got appointed as the new fundraising chair and I need some help coming up with some ideas. My chapter only has 10 members so we find it quite hard to do big fundraisers. Plus most of the sisters have classes all day so it is difficult to do tables and things like that during the day. We are planning to do a Rock a Thon and a Jail or Bail but we still need some more ideas. If anyone can think of anything that we can do in the next 2 months before school ends I would really appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2001, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Killer, our house doesWestern Week, a week long program, and many of the other houses do Water Melon fest. We also do a hot tub a thon with a Soro. for 48 Hrs. Some do teeter totter a thon. SX does Derby Day. Good Luck!!! I sell .01 cent phone cards and each house can make $3.00 per $20.00 card. If you are interested E-M me at hoyotomas@aol.com. I give a break to Greeks!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 11-07-2001, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

i'll help u if u help me!

Killer can u tell me what Jail or Bail is? and TomEarp can u tell me what a hot tub a thon is?
I'm from delta gamma and we usually do and Anchor Bowl what that is is a night of bowling, anchor being our symbol for the sorority. we also se raffles at the bowling event to win prizes that we have collected. Our anchor bowl was cancelled this year b/c we couldnt get a date so we are looking for a new fundraiser for the year. thanks.\
ITB
DGforME
Old 11-07-2001, 03:07 AM
Unregistered-

Talking

Do you have alumnae that you could call on to help your chapter fundraise? If so, see if they have ideas or if they'd be willing to help out.

My chapter's also small, so holding big fundraisers have often been out of the question. Once a semester we'll hold a car wash at a gas station--preferably one close to a mall, shopping center, or grocery store. A great time to hold it is on Sunday morning when lots of people head out shopping. The last car wash earned us almost $900!

Another idea is to maybe solicit help from those in the community. One of the things we're doing this semester is selling ice cream tickets. For $5 they get a gigantic slice of ice cream pie (it's really good!), and $3.25 of that goes to us. I know companies like the Cookie Corner and Mrs. Fields do similar things with bags of cookies.

Another thing we've done in the past is buy candy and goodies wholesale, put an assortment of them together in a giant bag and sell them for $5. Selling them during exam times is a good idea! Very profitable too.

But before your chapter sets forth on a fundraising venture, make sure your project's approved by your organization and that it doesn't violate any standing rules!
Old 11-07-2001, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Jail-A-Thon/ Jail-n-Bail info.

Hey DGforMe- we did a Jail-A-Thon, and it was a lot of work. Here is our press release on it because even though I spent A LOT of time on it, I can't seem to recall all the information. If it is something you want to do, let me know and I can forward you the manual I put together for it. Hope this helps! Even though it is tons of work, chairing a philanthropy has been one of my most fufilling accomplishments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jail-A-Thon is is unique and fun project that will bring the community together for a common cause: to raise awareness and money for the __________________.

We are going to set up a mock jail at the Mall and simulate the arrests of jail bates by off-duty police officers. Come join us on October 20-21 from 1-5 PM in front of Victoria's Secret at the Mall."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-14-2002, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

I know this is a little late for the first post but my chapter does a Golf Tournament where we get companies to sponsor holes for 200 each with a hole in one and closest to the pin prize for our players. We also offer a cash prize for the winning team.

In the past, we've earned as much as 2000 from one tournament and another chapter in the fraternity back in the midwest charged more per hole and earned almost 6000 or more, I can't really remember.

We also do a bingo where we get the prizes donated and then charge admission. Last time, we got a palm pilot from Target as our high end item. It usually earns us about 1000 each time and is easy to plan.

Hope this helps others looking for fundraising ideas.
Old 04-20-2002, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Jello shots! Seriously. A neighboring chapter of ours did that at parties and were very successful.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 04-24-2002, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool begging

hey! we of course have our regular philanthropy event, the tri delta decathlon, but we also have some other really good ways to make money during the year. one we call "begging". to do this, we go downtown, or to wherever the students go on the weekends- bars, etc. we hold posters explaining what the money is going toward--- childrens cancer,etc. we have a bucket and simply ask for donations. we usually so it in 3 locations on a thursday, friday, and saturday night and we have raised over $3000 in a weekend doing it. if you go to bars people tend to have lots of change when they come out. however, this might have something to do with the way your campus is set up. we have a really small downtown, so it is safe to do this. we know a lot of the people that we are asking for donations. this really works and its a lot of fun!!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chscrew144
Slave for a day

pplease also see sports themed and phonathon

How bout slave for a day... the Fraternity member has to be your slave for a day and do what you want (carry books, wash yer car wash yer dishes etc)

Then another one would be have a bachelor/ette auction and invite the sorors and their friends as well as the fraternities and try and get all their friends to come.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
Jello shots! Seriously. A neighboring chapter of ours did that at parties and were very successful.
When we go on our annual camping trip this year I am going to use this idea I figure we usually have about 70 go camping and if everyone buys a couple we could make a lot of money!! My sisters and friends are big fans of Jello Shots...yummy!!

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2002, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

We do a 50/50 fundraiser. we sell raffle tickets for a dollar, and then draw a name after selling these for a week, and the winner gets half of the money, and the other half is ours. The Chicago Bulls do it for charity too. It seems to do ok, but you do have to sell a lot to make a good profit.

-Christine