GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,152
1 members and 1,151 guests
No Members online

Old 05-29-2003, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Ritual

Hi All, I totally agree with the previous statement about Ritual not being discussed openly here. A good forum is to ask a question and then have someone PM you privately.. I know for a fact that people look at other chapters because I do all the time, just to see what the competition is doing...
Old 05-29-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hesitant to discuss anything about ritual whatsoever on the Internet, even over "private message." Someone may ask a question and claim to be a Lambda Chi, but how can you know for sure? At least in person you can challenge him.

IMHO, the only appropriate place to discuss the ritual is in person, or if you're in a bind, over the phone. You can always talk to your Phi or contact Jeff Votroubek at Int'l HQ (317-872-8000 ext.7321) if you have questions about ritualism, but I don't think it should be discussed here at all.

I may seem paranoid, but as a former Phi, I take the protection of the ritual very seriously.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
I have to agree....

Talk to your Phi or an Alumni that was Phi; you can probably here some good advice or examples that are personal to your chapter. Other than that READ THE BOOK.... the Phi Manual or Ritual Book is extremely informative, and actually darn interesting too... (I like the history of the Ritual myself).

"Cave ab homine unius libri"