GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,268
3 members and 1,265 guests
John, shadokat, willTic

Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Aaaaahhh my legacy is interested in Greek Life!!

One of my nieces told me today that she is interested in (NPC) sororities!! She is currently finishing her Junior year of HS.

She asked a lot of questions about what sororities do, is it like it is shown in movies, etc. I was really excited to share with her the history of why they were formed, what they were like back in the day, and what they are like now. I stressed keeping her grades up, building her resume, saving her money for dues and "extras" (she just got a job), and to not worry about changing who she is, because in every chapter, whether there are 30 sisters or 300, there's likely to be at least one person with similar interests/lifestyle/hobbies/etc.

I told her the differences between NPC, service orgs, and MC groups. She asked some really good questions, which made auntie proud! She said it sounds like a great experience, a lot of fun, and something that she can definitely see herself doing.

She's a smart girl with a huge heart, and I can see her doing well and loving sisterhood. Not all of the schools that she is applying to have Greek Life, but I told her that if she ends up going to a school with sororities, that I will help her with Recs and Recruitment. And, of course, I pointed her here to "do her homework" but to search, search, search before even THINKING of posting questions, because 99.9% of her questions can be answered here somewhere.

Anyway, I wanted to share my joy. Even if she doesn't go through recruitment, or go to a school with Greek life, it's fun to think that she might do it!!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Good news. It's great to hear that your niece is interested in greek life.

Does AXiD recognize nieces as legacies? I thought the only NPC sorority that did so was Sigma Kappa.

<captain_obvious>If she's just finishing up her junior year of HS, her primary focus should be on keeping her grades up, getting involved in extracurricular activities, and preparing stellar college application packages, including essays and references. Before she can join a sorority, she has to get into college. </captain_obvious>

Keep us posted. You know how we love a good rush story
Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Does AXiD recognize nieces as legacies? I thought the only NPC sorority that did so was Sigma Kappa.
Yes we do. Our legacy policy says granddaughter, daughter, sister, or niece of an Alpha Xi Delta member in good standing. We also recognize half and step relationship.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again