GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 968
3 members and 965 guests
Cookiez17, shadokat

Old 08-04-2007, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Designing a Website for a recruitment tool

I'm a student at San Diego State University and have been running a website design company for the past 2 years. I'm also a member of the Greek life at SDSU and was asked by a few sororities to get websites designed for their houses.

I would like to learn more about how I can provide sites for more sororities: all the houses were very happy with the results and their websites should prove to be powerful recruitment tools in the upcoming fall rush.

My question is this: how can I speak with the national offices for each sorority to provide website design to various chapters of each sorority. I'm in the process of seeking out the correct contacts at Alpha Phi and Kappa Alpha Theta, but I was hoping that someone in this forum could point me in the correct direction.

Please let me know what you think would be the best way to connect with the correct people at the national level.

Jon
www.tuckerbusiness.com
Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

It most like depends on the sorority that you are trying to help. You may not have to contact Nationals to deal with a particular chapter. I'm a DZ and the media tech chair for my sorority. The rules for our website is that any completely new website must be approved by our Nationals. Other than the final approval, our Nationals have no connection to our chapter's websites. So, depending on the rules of each sorority, you may be able to go straight to the chapter itself.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 AM
GreekChat Member

We don't go through HQ for our websites either. If I were you I'd consider a small direct marketing campaign. Send some brief literature, with your website and sites you've done, to the chapters mailbox. With so many schools and chapters in SD there's plenty of opportunity.

Also, you could encourage your current clients to make sure they're linked to their national website. I know that several of our chapters have used the same company after finding other chapters sites.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I also encourage you to become a Greek Licensed vendor, www.greeklicensing.com. Most major Fraternities and Sororities are a part of this program. Each chapter is supposed to only purchase items from licensed vendors. You do not want to go out and build sites and then get sued for doing so.