Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 990
1 members and 989 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Sisterhood Award

I am the sisterhood chair in my chapter, and to inspire the girls to do little acts of kindness, I have decided to give out an award at every chapter meeting for their generosity. I want to do a cute little award. For examples, we have our "Smart Cookie" award for the girls who do well academically every week and they receive a cooke, or the "Liter of the Week" for a sister who portrays leadership within the chapter and they received a liter of soda.

I was thinking about finding a miniature fake tree, and decorating it with KD stuff, but I'm having trouble finding a tree.

Does anyone have any suggestions for another cute award I can make and/or buy for this idea? Please let me know! I'm open to anything!

AOT,
Megan
Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Do you want something that will be a trophy that someone has to bring back weekly? or something small, like the cookie and liter, to be given out?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

If you want something small and inexpensive, you might want to try www.orientaltrading.com, they always have a ton of little trinket and crafty items at pretty reasonable prices. Plus, you can get holiday stuff any time of the year.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Something that they bring back every week is ideal, kind of like a "sisterhood of the traveling pants" type thing.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

We do something called "beary special sister award" It's a paddle with a bear on it that is passed through the sisters each chapter. It sually goes something along the line of "I met this girl my blank year and we got close by this and this. I love you AOT" The names, pledge class and date they got the paddle. It isn't the same as your idea of a tree or anything like that, but it is something that could be adapted. We also have a supportive sister award which is a bra that gets passed the same way and a beary special senior award too.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Inspired by KD's Confidence Coalition, my chapter gives out a weekly confidence award. It's a white high-heeled shoe given to a sister who has gone out of her comfort zone or shown extra confidence that week. The sister signs it and it is displayed in the chapter house for all to see.

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.