GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,140
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, LatexXUK
» Online Users: 1,098
2 members and 1,096 guests
JayhawkAOII, PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 04:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Oh what it's like be a pretty princess...

How many of us are truly such princesses!!! Did we get everything we wanted by just asking or pouting? Are we still like that?

I'm a true princess. I sleep on a high bed and I can feel the "pea" under all those "pillows". I live in a castle (read as villa) in one of the most ritzy areas of town and my folx put the down on it for me!

I as of yet don't drive my CLK 4 but I will with the halogen lights. And the type of engagement ring I havta have is an Austrilian Argyle Pink Ice 1-2 carat diamond set in a brilliant round cut in 950 platinum/palladium metal!

Oh, and I always get my way!!!
Old 01-06-2001, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_Monet:
How many of us are truly such princesses!!! Did we get everything we wanted by just asking or pouting? Are we still like that?

Oh, and I always get my way!!!
1. I AM,WAS, WILL ALWAYS BE!
2. YES!
3. YEP...that had been every guy's challenge with me...to not get me what I wanted....so I had been like, OH YEAH, well I will get it myself or SOMEONE ELSE WILL!

LUCKILY, I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM ANYMORE!
Old 01-06-2001, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Girl, who are you asking? I always refer to myself as "Princess of the Universe". I was the cute little girl who always had her hair pressed and candy curled. My mommy dressed me in frilly pink laced dresses. Ms.Kes was way too pretty to go out and play.. I had one of those canopy beds and nothing I wanted was ever denied. Now, I don't work, school is my full time job, mommy and daddy take care of all of the bills. I am a spoiled little princess. My fav activities include getting manicures, pedicures, shopping, and of course hours of beauty rest. I hope the man who marries me is prepared to keep up the trend my parents started. It is so fun being pretty...a wink and a smile goes such a long way...you'd be surprised.

------------------
I'm not conceited, just convinced.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I have a question: Is it bad to be this way? Have our parents handicapped us? I mean, I feel like I will be a self-sufficient human being, but I expect the finer things. Is that bad?

------------------
I'm not conceited, just convinced.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Heck no!

NOW, I pay my own bills, BUT I LOVE THE FINER THINGS...nothing wrong with that!

I thought I was the only one whose "job" was to go to school! LOL

Boy, I sure wanted one of those jobs where I could use those scanner things...lol
Old 01-07-2001, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I was born with the silver spoon hanging out and I am proud. When I was growing up, I was and still I am considered to be spoiled because I set my standards high. When I came home crying for school one day because I was being teased, my daddy told me I wasn't spoiled, but well loved.
I work and I pay half the bills in my house. My husband buys me everything I want and more as did my parents. We do the same for our kids, who do not want have to want or worry about anything but being happy. I am glad I am spoiled and my standards are high, I know I will never settle for less.
Old 01-07-2001, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmm. I have to seriously wonder if this forum is REAL...LOL

Well, I think I kind of glad I'm not in EXACT same boat as some of you.

I'm what you call a Princess of Industry. When I was a child my parents could provide almost anything I wanted (without having to choose between Pop's riding camp and the light bill). Luckily they taught me how to live the same way on my own. So now at my tender age of...(not going to tell you)...I am able to afford wonderful clothing, shoes, handbags, and a descent apartment with my OWN paycheck. I have mutual funds, stocks, and two savings accounts. I'm working on getting a Business Degree so that I can own a company BETTER than the one I work for. I'll let my daughter run it when I'm old so she can be a P. O. I. too.

Unless I am depending on myself, I don't expect ANYTHING.
Old 01-07-2001, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Poplife:

For SOME it is REAL... (like myself), but for others, it could be MAKE-BELIEVE...

I am not ashamed for how I was brought up or for what I want!
Old 01-07-2001, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:

Well, I think I kind of glad I'm not in EXACT same boat as some of you.

I'm what you call a Princess of Industry. When I was a child my parents could provide almost anything I wanted (without having to choose between Pop's riding camp and the light bill). Luckily they taught me how to live the same way on my own. So now at my tender age of...(not going to tell you)...I am able to afford wonderful clothing, shoes, handbags, and a descent apartment with my OWN paycheck. I have mutual funds, stocks, and two savings accounts. I'm working on getting a Business Degree so that I can own a company BETTER than the one I work for. I'll let my daughter run it when I'm old so she can be a P. O. I. too.

Unless I am depending on myself, I don't expect ANYTHING.

Poplife, like you I thought this was a joke and a little strange! I consider myself lucky to have been blessed-(not spoiled with)-emotional and material support from my family. As well as the teaching of how to take care of my own with my own, Mutual Funds, Stocks and Bonds, CDs, and others accounts.

I am a firm believer--"Unless I am depending on myself, I don't expect Anything!"

Old 01-07-2001, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
For SOME it is REAL... (like myself), but for others, it could be MAKE-BELIEVE...

I am not ashamed for how I was brought up or for what I want!
AH. I gotcha!

No shame in my game either. As long as we are "doing for self" then why shouldn't we demand the things that we want?
Old 01-07-2001, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, like I said before, I plan to be a self-sufficient human being. I know how to pay bills, and balance a checkbook, cook and all of that good stuff, my parents did teach me that, but like, I never had chores and that type of stuff. Right now, mommy and daddy take care of things. But, when I graduate I plan to actually have a full-time job to support myself and keep up the standards I love. The thing is, 1. If my parents are still here, I know that they will kind of cushion me and 2. when I do marry, I will require the same treatment from my husband.
Poplife: what did you mean by you wondered if the forum was real?
Why do you all say that it is strange? I'm lost.
Old 01-08-2001, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mizzkes:
Poplife: what did you mean by you wondered if the forum was real? Why do you all say that it is strange? I'm lost.

If you don't understand right off then maybe it's best I don't explain it. Some might get offended.

If you really want to know you can email me.
Old 01-08-2001, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

If you don't understand right off then maybe it's best I don't explain it. Some might get offended.

Ummmm well...anyway......

I think there's nothing wrong with being a spoiled PRETTY princess. I like my life the way it is, although I'm strong enough to do it all by myself!

Old 01-08-2001, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Wow, no wonder all of your men go to other women (yes, I am referring to the black girl's perpetual complaint of white women "stealing" all their men). This is EXACTLY what black men always complain about!!
Old 01-08-2001, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by beauty:
Wow, no wonder all of your men go to other women (yes, I am referring to the black girl's perpetual complaint of white women "stealing" all their men). This is EXACTLY what black men always complain about!!
And those are the men we could care less if they step to white women. See, this type of mentality truly angers me. Basically, a man can't handle a STRONG Black woman who knows what she wants and won't settle for less, so for this reason, he dates white women. Well, that particular man is WEAK. And no STRONG woman wants a WEAK man no way. No woman is going to change her expectations, wants, nor needs to appease a man and keep him from running to other women, especially white women. Please.

And by the way, there's not a white woman on the planet that has "stolen" a black man away from a black woman. There is no comparison and no competition. I believe that you have opened a SERIOUS can of worms up in here!! And not ALL Black men are chasing after these white women. And WE are not the reason that they date them anyway. There's a method to that madness, but that's another thread for another day.

Anyway, in response to the original question in the thread.....

I am a princess, and my father told me so. I love to be waited on hand and foot. I love to be pampered. And I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth at all, we were actually poor. I STILL have a princess mentality. That does not mean that I can't take care of my man. It also doesn't mean I can't take care of myself. I live alone, pay my own bills. My father treated me like I was the best thing since sliced bread, and I expect any man in my life to treat me the same way, and I will treat him the same way, too. That is my want and my expectation. I'm not angry at men who don't measure up or who don't want to measure up. We simply were not meant to be.

But don't think that I want a servant in my life. I want my Prince. As I mature into a Queen, he will mature into a King. And I will treat him as such. I personally don't find anything wrong with feeling like royalty and wanting to be treated as such. It's not a joke, it's a state of mind. I want a man who has that same state of mind, not one who thinks that I'm stuck up or too demanding.

Sorry for the long post, just my .08.

[This message has been edited by Ideal08 (edited January 08, 2001).]
Closed Thread