» Online Users: 1,369
1 members and 1,368 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 12-24-2003, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXOMarq
Studying Abroad Tips?!

Hi ladies,

So I will be studying abroad next semester (I'll be leaving January 11 for San Sebastian, Spain). I was wondering if anyone has traveled/studied abroad and if they had any tips for me.

I have traveled in Europe before, but that was with a large group of people, this time I am somewhat on my own. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

LITB
mary
Old 12-24-2003, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I have! I can either post stuff here, or you can PM me. I spent time in Rome...how I miss it!
Old 12-25-2003, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I spent 6 months in Australia. PM me if you have any specific questions you want to ask

~Sharon
Old 12-25-2003, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are some of the things that helped me when I spent the summer in Paris (tips from others):

1)Buy LOTS of film before you go. It is mucho expensive in Europe. (Same goes for female unmentionables, too.)

2)Request plenty of Euros from your bank before you arrive so you don't waste money on exhange fees.

3)make copies of ALL your travel documents before you go and leave a copy at home and keep another copy with you.

4)Buy a hairdryer in Spain. Don't bother with converters for them, since they run on high voltage. Travel hairdryers also are the pits. You can get one over therefor 20-30 euros. (maybe split it with a roommate)

5)Buy lots of different gtravel guides for Spain and where you might travel. It can be difficult and expensive to find good, English ones in Europe.

6)Take a thick journal and committ to write in it every couple of days. Also, do a mass email every week or so to all friends and family to let them know how you're doing.

Litb, ansley
Old 12-25-2003, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I would just say get a digital camera. I didn't think film and developing were that expensive OUTSIDE THE TOURIST AREAS, but you don't have to worry about keeping up with film and prints when you're traveling--you can print the ones you want when you get back to the States, or get an online photo album.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXOMarq
Thanks

Thanks so much ladies!

I would get a digital camera, but they're so expensive and .... well according to my mom there's just too many complications with a digital camera. But my mom gave me her nice expensive camera to use (I'm really clumsy and in one trip of three weeks, i broke 4 cameras) so cross your fingers!

Mary