GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,484
3 members and 1,481 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 04-09-2006, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Mid-Rise Jeans?

Does any one have any recommendations for a brand that carries mid-rise jeans or low rise jeans for young women with some wider hips? My waist is smaller then my hips and when ever I try to wear low rise jeans from the following brands (Gap, Banana Republic and 7 for All Man Kind), it ends up being a problem (booty crack showing which is way unattractive) I've even tried the curvy fit from The Gap and it still doesn't solve the problem. I wear a size 6 or 8 depending on the brand. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I have the same problem--my hips are a 5 but my waist is a 3, so most jeans I try on have that unattractive gap in the back. It's so annoying. What I've found that really helps is getting the stretchy jeans; I know a lot of people don't like them, but I haven't had as big a problem with the gap thing (plus, you can get them to really fit your butt and still be able to sit down comfortably ). Most of mine are XOXO--just because I used to work retail and I could get them really cheeeap--but I'm getting ready to get a new pair or two, so if I find some that fit nicely I'll let you know!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:09 PM

I've got the booTAY too, and the only one who has been able to do right by it lately is Calvin Klein. Go with the lighter weight denim. And even the ones that say "low rise" don't give you fear of crack showing.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
try Paige Premium Denim and True Religion.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

If you're looking on the cheap side, try the jeans at Target - I've never worn them myself but my roommate has the same problem with jeans as you and she swears by them. Good luck!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Paige jeans are the best thing ever invented. Seriously, fork out the extra money, they are so worth it. 10x better than Sevens or Citizens, imo.

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412
try Paige Premium Denim and True Religion.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by SDTSarah
Paige jeans are the best thing ever invented. Seriously, fork out the extra money, they are so worth it. 10x better than Sevens or Citizens, imo.

YES INDEED. the laurel canyon cut is freaking awesome, shapes your butt is cut a bit higher in the back so when you sit it doesn't expose your crack, the denim is super freaking soft. they are worth every damn penny.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Also, if you find a pair of jeans you absolutely love but the have the gap in the back, you could take them to a tailor. It often costs a lot less to get things tailored than you think, and that's an easy fix.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Mid-Rise Jeans?

Quote:
Originally posted by PhiMuLady150
Does any one have any recommendations for a brand that carries mid-rise jeans or low rise jeans for young women with some wider hips? My waist is smaller then my hips and when ever I try to wear low rise jeans from the following brands (Gap, Banana Republic and 7 for All Man Kind), it ends up being a problem (booty crack showing which is way unattractive) I've even tried the curvy fit from The Gap and it still doesn't solve the problem. I wear a size 6 or 8 depending on the brand. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!!
I feel your pain!!!!

I saw that new "curvy" fit at the Gap and it's a load of hooey I tell ya!!! In order to make them remotely fit I had to go up 2 sizes and then I got the dreaded waist gap again. Very annoying...

I may have to splurg on the Paige jeans...but how to do it without hubby noticing...