GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,375
2 members and 1,373 guests
No Members online

Old 12-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
My Quick Review of the 46664 Concert (Cape Town, South Africa)

Great concert for a very good benefit. In case you don't know, the 46664 was a show to raise awareness and funds for hiv/aids. I came in late and unfortunatley I caught the end of the Peter Gabriel/Yusuf Islam duet. It sounded great, wish I could have herd the whole song. Then, Peter Gabriel finish off his set with In Your Eye and Biko. When he started to sing Biko, the crowd went nuts and sang along with their fist in the air. Most of the show were good, but I'll go straight to the highlight.

-Nelson Mandela was giving the loudest cheers. The crowd would not let him speak. But when he did start to speak, the entire stadium fell silent and herd the speech word for word. It was amazing to be in the same area as madiba was.

-Johnny Clegg was amazing, as always.

-Bono and the Edge singing One, dedicated to a child who died the day before the concert due to AIDS.

-The Corrs, damn they're hot.

-the Eurythmics, tell you what, Annie Lenox is one charismatic lady. They started with Here Come The Rain Again, then with Youssou N'Dour, they sang Seven SEconds, and ended their set with Sweet Dream.

-Queen minus freddy and John Deacon did medley of their song with various artists. Unfortunately Roger Taylor sang Radio Ga Ga, and his voice sucked. Though the crowd made up for it. Brian May, as always, was great.

I'll post more when I remmember more. By the way, I got my ticket for R73, or about $11. Not bad for 5 hours of music, including annoying ad breaks.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really happy that SA is finally taking the whole HIV/AIDs thing more seriously now that the whole world has addressed it. It's also nice that the country is getting some good media attention after all the racial conflicts and having sanctions placed against them.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw this on TV the other night. Good concert except I didn't care for Beyonces opening act.