Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,461
3 members and 1,458 guests
Cookiez17, shadokat

Old 08-22-2001, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Best Chapter Nationwide

I know this will be a HARD question to answer. But I am curious which chapter/school your national organization considers the very best in the entire nation. Thank you.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiBGirl
I know this is gonna sound a little rude....but we are all gamma phis together. I don't think that our (INTERNATIONAL), not nationals would consider any one chapter the best. We do have a thing where you try to reach so many levels...they could tell you what chapters have reached those.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

GPhiBGirl!
what are these levels? i havent even heard of them? what aspects of the chapter are taken into account when trying to determine the "level"? hmm interesting....
byebye sweetheart!
xoxo
Old 03-01-2002, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

ChantilyLace (sorry if i spelled that wrong)

They of course of like moons..... recruitment is one of them, sisterhood may be one....but there are five. Barbie Chadwick visited our chapter and talked about how when you reach a certain point your chapter earns like a moon or something in that area and you try to reach all of them (5?) It is really hard to explain and it has been about a year now since she was at our chapter. I think there has been something in the crescent magazine about it. You should contact someone and find out for sure, but I remember it being a really neat program.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

that's kind of cool, ill have to ask about it.... also does anyone know where the biggest gamma phi chapter is? i was told ours is, but i cant really confirm the validity of that statement...
Old 03-01-2002, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

chantilylace-
how many members do you have? i'm not sure where the biggest chapter is except i heard that oregon has a large chapter.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

GPhiBGirl!
um i think we have about 140 - 150 girls... im not really sure on the exact number though. im pretty sure that were the biggest on campus too! how are the gammies on your campus??
Old 03-01-2002, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

OH MY GOD!!!! What is that like to have that many sisters? How do you manage to know everyone? We are very small, but most Greeks on our campus are. The larger sororities have between 60-70 members, but we only have 40 members. That is amazing, not to mention awesome. Tell me all about your recruitment process....you guys must be doing something right!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

ya its pretty insane, but i love it. there are 42 girls (quota... i think maybe even plus some) in my pledge class right now, but we all know each other. i never really thought my chapter was that big until i started looking at the average size of the ones here on gc! it is hard to know every girl in the chapter, but every week we have tests and we have to memorize a line from the previous years' composite, so that really helps. we also have crescent sis' every week of pledging... like a different big sis every week until we get our real one... this really helps in meeting a lot of the sisters! we also have sophomore, junior, and senior nights, where the other classes throw little mixers for them and the pledges. my chapter places a HUGE emphasis on sisterhood and does such a woderful job in uniting so many girls!
im still a pledge, but gamma phi's recruiment was absolutely amazing. they were my top choice from day one! the one thing that REALLY stood out to me was the fact that whoever was rushing you (there were usually like 5-7 a day) already knew about you and made it a point to show you that they had read up on you... this really attracted a lot of the girls to gamma phi because it made them feel very welcome! the sisterhood bonds were so visible - it was great!
if you have any other questions feel free to ask!
do you guys have a house? what year are you? does your chapter have a webpage? tell me all about it i love hearing about other gammies!
xoxo
Old 03-04-2002, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

we just had pledge retreat this weekend and it was so amazing! i love gamma phi so much!!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

actually

actually, i'm a gamma phi and my chapter is bigger. we have 180 girls.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool BEST CHAPTER NATIONWIDE

I know that we were in the most recent Cresent. we were one of eight chapters that were named for best something. i will let you all know a little later when i take a better look at it.
UW-Oshkosh ( wisconsin)
breanne
Old 05-02-2002, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
wow, i haven't checked the gamma phi forum in a while. i should do it more often!

i can't imagine how different it would be to have a big house. my chapter is small and always has been. we average 25 girls every year. total. rush usually gets us between 7 and 12 girls. it's pretty pathetic. we're one of the most popular houses on campus. but the greek system at my school is really small. We're actually big compared to other houses. Our house was really tight when I was active. I liked that there was just a small group of us. We all go along really well.

we rarely get into the crescent although rumour has it that we are in the latest issue. My crescent is at my parents and I've recently moved. Canadian chapters don't get much recognition unfortunately.

Have any of you girls ever gone to visit other chapters?

Last edited by gphi2k; 05-02-2002 at 05:23 PM.