GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,391
0 members and 1,391 guests
No Members online

Old 01-20-2002, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Real or Fake

Do you prefer real breasts or fake?
I really would like to get implants, but am worried that I will meet a guy that is great, but hates fake breats. I am really insecure about my flat chest.
I have met guys who said they like the way real breasts feel, but they like to stare at fake breasts bc they look good. i must admit that fake breasts have become so common i too think they look a lot better than the real ones/
Another thing which is kind of embarressing, but I'll say it anyway my boobs are far apart. I hate it!!!
Old 01-20-2002, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

well...it goes back to the question of what is real? Is something real because it exists? Your breast implants,hypothetically would exist, and so, one agrument holds, they're real. See, my philosophy major isn't completly useless.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face don't do it

I read an article in Mademoiselle about this woman who got implants and ended up going under the knife again to get them out cause she hated them so much. She said they made her feel weird, asexual and unnatural. Ugh, don't do it. You really want packets of silicone in your chest for the rest of your life? Besides, girls with smaller chests have it a lot easier. You can sleep on your stomach and run without a bra and it's lots easier for you to look skinny when you want to. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Lana,
If you really want it, go for it. Just know the risks before undergoing the operation. Weigh the pros and cons. Ask yourself if you would honestly feel better about yourself if you were to get breast implants.

I wish you the best of luck and peace of mind for whatever you decide...
Old 01-20-2002, 08:37 PM

Not to be an a-hole and pass judgement, but you sound kind of insecure with yourself, your chest is merely an extension of that. You kind of remind me of an ex, who would CONSTANTLY whine and moan about how flat she was, about how she didn't feel like a woman because she was small, about how she couldn't fill out dresses, blah blah blah. All of the time i was holding her, kissing her and reassuring her that she was beautiful. Boobs, real, fake, are only a part of a woman. I won't bullshit, a very beautiful and fun part of a woman but trust me, if you're worried whether or not the guy will like fake breasts or real ones, if he's at the stage where he is close enough to examine? it doesn't matter, because it's you he's interested in, not what victria's secret happens to be cupping.

That being said, if you really want this for YOURSELF and it will make you feel better and more confident, then this is an instance where surgery like that can be a good thing. However, from a guys perspective, it isn't that big of a deal really, you have an entire body to touch and explore, not just your chest.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Breasts are breasts... real or not, I lick.. oops I meant like em all
Dont get them just to get a guy.... If you sincerely want them, go for it. But like suggested, do some research and know what your getting into.

I kinda like small and perkies though
Old 01-20-2002, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Just think long and hard about it--do you really want to give up being able to go braless and being able to wear those cute little tight shirts without looking like you're going to fall out any minute?? (I wouldn't, so that's why I'm glad I'm the size I am!) Would Audrey Hepburn have looked as stunning in that beautiful black and white strapless Givenchy gown if she'd been bigger up top? Nope. And do you really want to volunteer for (from what I hear) is a painful surgery, with the possiblity of having to go back and have it redone periodically? If Jenny McCarthy regets it, I'd say that's a clue that you should think twice.

And if it's a guy giving you grief, just tell him sweetly that yes, you will get implants...when he, ahem, gets one too.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't whine or bitch about them unless I'm at home and I definately don't tell a guy the way I feel about my boobs. Enough to cause embarressment.
Well If I do get implants it won't be for a long time since Ineed the funds to do it and My parents would kill me if I decided to get implants and was paying for my education.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

My younger sister always carried on about how flat she was and finally got implants. Unfortunately, they developed tiny leaks and spread whatever was in them into her body. She's a relatively young woman and will probably always have health problems related to her implants. She even lost a good deal of her memory and our sister-in-law was so horrified that she had her own much-desired implants removed.

Before you do it, find out what would happen if they leaked--I mean the worst-case scenario. My sister was assured by one of Houston's best surgeons that there would be no problems and obviously, she didn't get the truth from him!
Old 01-20-2002, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this thread is probably supposed to be replied to by guys...but as an owner of large (natural) breasts...let me just give you my point of view before you get implants. If I had a choice, I would be flat chested anytime. Guys stare at them....and it make me uncomfortable...probably as uncomfortable as you feel with smaller breasts. I hate buying shirts, bc they are either too revealing...or too matronley. I am constantly aware of them and that people stare at them and it really makes me hate them even more. If I was flat chested I would love it because I could wear shirts without a bra...especially those backless ones...or tank tops. Fake breasts are just that...they look ridiciulous to me...bc they sit right under your face and just look like cantaloupes.
Just think of this as you consider it. Big breasts get attention....but after the initial thrill of that attention wears off...you will quickly realize exactly the quality of attention you are getting...the kinda guys that care about chest size are the same guys that dont care whats coming out of your mouth...flowing from your mind...but how long it will take you to take your top off.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
To be flip:

If your old breasts are fine . . . keep them.

If I can touch them they are real enough for me.

But seriously: If your breast shape/size is a big thing to you in your mind, then changing them will probably make a big difference in your life. It would enhenace self esteem etc, and that will actually make you more attractive than anything else.

Also, there are guys that are really into breasts and guys that can take it or leave it, but we ALL are stimulated by them and like them because they are sexual triggers.

In the meantime invest in some of the better bras (I am sure some of the other ladies can help you out here). Enginners have made extreme strides in bra design that enhances the hell out of what women have . .. I mean just last night, well never mind .

There really should be a nobel prize for bra design . . . it makes such a difference.

Last thing: If you do go through with it, make sure you get upgraded two cup sizes. Women that do one to be conservative usually go back and get them enlarged.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:25 PM

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. But do think carefully about undergoing surgery.

I saw a news article a few months ago, about a type of implant where a woman can have the size of the implant adjusted for about 6 months after the surgery is actually done. They just insert a needle and add or remove material as necessary. Might be worth looking into.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

This may sound bad, but I definatley wanted to get to a 36 C or even D. I look young for 20 and no guy wants to date me. I just think that boobs can change this and stop treating me like I am 12 just bc I look young. God did not bless me with very many things qualities both inner and outer.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Do what makes you happy. If you are going to worry about your breasts all your life maybe you should get them. Get them for you, not for what any guy may think. Breasts implants may give you the confidance to make the rest of your life a little less stressful,or maybe not. People make many mistakes in their lives and getting breast implants may be one of them, or maybe it is the best thing you ever did. Just make sure if you do get them, that you will not end up worring about another feature. In your heart you know if you REALLY want them. If a guy likes breast implants should not matter because there are tons of guys out there. Some like them, some don't. You will basically be in the same boat you are in having smaller breasts. Thats why I say get them if you know in your heart you really want them 100%.

Last edited by The1calledTKE; 01-20-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

in my own humble opinion, confidence comes from accepting yourself how you are, thinking youre beautiful or smart or fun to be around. once you accept that in your mind, i think that shines outwardly.
if you don't think you can ever be happy with yourself the way you are, i don't know what to tell you - sure implants might make you look older or more attractive to guys but you really have to determine who you would be doing it for - them or you. is it a false sense of confidence?

i hope before you decided to get them or not you look around you - you have sisters who love you, a family that loves you, youre young and you have so much to live for. God has blessed you with a lot - and even though i don't know you, i'm sure youre a beautiful person inside and out. good luck