Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,476
0 members and 1,476 guests
No Members online

Old 03-07-2010, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Iran's President... "Sept. 11th a big lie"

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks a "big lie" used by the U.S. as an excuse for the war on terror, state media reported.

"September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100306/..._mi_ea/ml_iran

I truly hope I'm not the only person who thinks that Ahmadindejad is a complete and utter moron!

Seriously, we do have our issues here in USA, but for another country to say that we essentially deliberately planned these attacks and deliberately allowed 3000 people to die is just assine. Maybe Iran's president would do crap like this, but I personally don't believe we would.

Yes, there were some major security issues. Why we weren't paying attention to the fact that the terrorists stayed beyond their Visa's and we didn't deport their butts, well that's a whole other issue.

I'm not a New Yorker, but I'm sure they're pretty pissed, because they lived it. I've seen ground zero. I've been there. I've stood at the fence and cried. To imply that 9-11 is like a figment of our imaginations and it didn't really happen and that the media 'faked' it (mind you this is how I perceive Ahmadinedejad's comments, I get that other's will percieve it a different way), just blows my mind.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Meh. This isn't really news to me. Ahmadinejad's been saying this type of stuff for years.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Didn't he also get mobbed because he said something similar at NYU a couple of years ago?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

This isn't the first time this kind of thing has been said. And some Americans have stated it as well.

I personally believe the attack WAS used as a pretext for some other things that had nothing to do with what happened that day.

It really isn't that serious. Americans don't need to get bent out of shape every single time someone like this says this kind of thing. But I WILL say that people need to stop acting like the US government is above doing shady things.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
I truly hope I'm not the only person who thinks that Ahmadindejad is a complete and utter moron!

Seriously, we do have our issues here in USA, but for another country to say that we essentially deliberately planned these attacks and deliberately allowed 3000 people to die is just assine. Maybe Iran's president would do crap like this, but I personally don't believe we would.

Yes, there were some major security issues. Why we weren't paying attention to the fact that the terrorists stayed beyond their Visa's and we didn't deport their butts, well that's a whole other issue.

I'm not a New Yorker, but I'm sure they're pretty pissed, because they lived it. I've seen ground zero. I've been there. I've stood at the fence and cried. To imply that 9-11 is like a figment of our imaginations and it didn't really happen and that the media 'faked' it (mind you this is how I perceive Ahmadinedejad's comments, I get that other's will percieve it a different way), just blows my mind.
He must have watched Loose Change, or whatever that Truther movie is called. I've seen it myself a few years back and it just shows how out there these people are. The fact that he believes that 9/11 was staged doesn't necessarily bother me, but the fact that this nut is developing nukes does. Energy or medical purposes my ass, he wants a bomb. News flash, there are a few million people in the U.S. that are on expired visas, it's the preferred choice for illegal immigrants that don't have the luxury of being able to cross the Mexican border. The open border advocates have a powerful voice and coupled with the large number of our cities becoming "sanctuary cities" I don't see them being deported EVER.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Americans don't need to get bent out of shape every single time someone like this says this kind of thing.
Exactly.

It's similar to people saying the Holocaust never happened. People like to talk outta their ass, and there is no point in getting upset everytime shit comes out.

Last edited by epchick; 03-08-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Exactly.

It's similar to people saying the Holocaust never happened. People like to talk outta their ass, and there is no point in getting upset everytime shit comes out.
I'm so sorry, but this is wrong and it's utter nonsense. WHY, you may say, because it leads to apathy and it leads to disrespect, and it breeds contempt and ignorance.

By having such an attitude towards Ahmadinejad, to him and his twisted mind, it shows him that American's don't care and leaves America in a very weakened position in it's innermost defense of itself, that with its people.

In developing such a response it deems what did happen on 9/11 as inconsequential to those that it AFFECTED. It does deny them and their pain as real, intense, and life altering because it tells the victims and the survivors that American's feel that although this was a bad thing that happend, hey, you'll get over it, the rest of the country has moved on so why can't you.

It gives such an air of apathy to those that lost their lives as a reason to remain behind the "curtain" of reality and behind the "light" of truth. It says that American's are very self centered people and that they don't care as a whole because, hey if it didn't AFFECT them PERSONALLY, then hey, just pick yourself up, dust your butt off, and move on.

This is exactly the type of response that Ahmadinejad wants American's to have. When you build down the country from the inside, hey it's an easy and insidipidous(?) job to do it from the outside. And this is EXACTLY what this man wants American's as a whole to feel about themselves and about THEIR COUNTRY.

This is why when this is said, American's as a whole need to JUMP UP and say who in the hell are you? What in the hell do you want, and if you don't shut up, we'll be able to shut you up!

I'm sorry, saying that "Well it's o.k. for him to say this because he's said this stuff before" to me, is exactly like saying that 9/11 DESERVED to happen to America because, well, we just needed to be shook up.

So no, allowing Ahmadinejad to get away with such a farce and allowing his crap to be heard on AIR in America, NO, it's NOT o.k., and American's need to let this fool know why.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
I'm so sorry, but this is wrong and it's utter nonsense. WHY, you may say, because it leads to apathy and it leads to disrespect, and it breeds contempt and ignorance.

By having such an attitude towards Ahmadinejad, to him and his twisted mind, it shows him that American's don't care and leaves America in a very weakened position in it's innermost defense of itself, that with its people.

In developing such a response it deems what did happen on 9/11 as inconsequential to those that it AFFECTED. It does deny them and their pain as real, intense, and life altering because it tells the victims and the survivors that American's feel that although this was a bad thing that happend, hey, you'll get over it, the rest of the country has moved on so why can't you.

It gives such an air of apathy to those that lost their lives as a reason to remain behind the "curtain" of reality and behind the "light" of truth. It says that American's are very self centered people and that they don't care as a whole because, hey if it didn't AFFECT them PERSONALLY, then hey, just pick yourself up, dust your butt off, and move on.

This is exactly the type of response that Ahmadinejad wants American's to have. When you build down the country from the inside, hey it's an easy and insidipidous(?) job to do it from the outside. And this is EXACTLY what this man wants American's as a whole to feel about themselves and about THEIR COUNTRY.

This is why when this is said, American's as a whole need to JUMP UP and say who in the hell are you? What in the hell do you want, and if you don't shut up, we'll be able to shut you up!

I'm sorry, saying that "Well it's o.k. for him to say this because he's said this stuff before" to me, is exactly like saying that 9/11 DESERVED to happen to America because, well, we just needed to be shook up.

So no, allowing Ahmadinejad to get away with such a farce and allowing his crap to be heard on AIR in America, NO, it's NOT o.k., and American's need to let this fool know why.
No.

Achmadinejad's looking for the United States to REACT, so that he can nuke our soldiers (and his own people) when we invade. That is, unless YOU want to personally fund and staff that invasion with non-american soldiers and all the money in the world.

We couldn't do anything in Iran if we wanted to, seriously.

Not reacting is not giving him what he wants.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
Not always. I'm learning that it keeps one's blood pressure in check and helps to keep things in perspective.
I used to get very annoyed whenever I heard about comments from the KKK. They marched here a few times in the last five years and I was outraged. But then one day I just started to be tired of it all. They just want an audience. Same here.

Ironically enough this is post #911 for me. lol
Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

whatever he's drinking, can i get some of it?