Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,045
0 members and 1,045 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2004, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DZRaider
Recruitment woes!!!!

Hello all! I am an old poster with a new name...my old posting name was Blaire, so for those whom I haven't spoken with in a while, Please forgive me!!!! Once you read this message, you may see why I have been MIA!!!! This thread probably would best fit in the random one, but it looked a little full...so I posted it here...so if anyone else has any woes, pass them on!!!!!!

Last November, I was elected Panhellenic President of my university....everything was going smoothly until they fired our Greek life Director in June. We changed our Recruitment dates to fall before school starts so that it would be less stressful...yeah right!!!

We currently have 295 girls signed up to go through recruitment...and about 20 more that are sending in their payments. We worked it out so that 89 girls can live on campus (if they were already living on campus in the fall)...but 113 signed up!!!! So now we are dealing with where we are going to put the extra 20 girls (talked to housing, they said we were on our own...no help at all!!!! So we thought hey, we'll put them in hotel rooms...nope. The parents flipped (although, to be fair, I can't say I blame them in the least!!!!) So we're dealing with that. We constantly have the advisors on our backs....more numbers, more numbers, more numbers.

Recruitment starts in 4 days...needless to say, I am pretty much beside myself. Although recruitment really isn't my "show" (or my position, if you want to get technical) the recruitment chair has really needed me, so of course I've pitched in. But I guess I am just overwhelmed...I am concerned that the chapters are going to try and pull some stuff over on us b/c they feel like we can't do anything about it...we have strict "no frills" policies for the first two nights...oh and did I mention that our housing won't let us back into our chapter rooms for bid day? We have to have it outside in the middle of August in Tennessee!!!

Wow...I feel much better! Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow DZraider, it sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope everything gets straightened out soon so you can enjoy fall recruitment. Our recruitment doesn't start until October (we're on the quarter system), but I can't wait to see how it goes for you gals!!! Best of luck!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

First of all Blaire, let me say that you (and your sisters) are amazing, and the girls going through recruitment can't miss that. They're going to have a blast during recruitment in spite of any difficulties. I'll be praying for mild weather for Bid Day, as well as for things to work out with the housing. (You could always give all the homeless girls to the same rho sigma, and tell her that her job description now includes a 5 day slumber party... just kidding.)
Your chapter will do great during recruitment. Your chapter fills a very special niche on our campus, and has some outstanding qualities that are missing in the groups that might try to pull something over on you. Those qualities are what will have the DZ's calm and looking for the advantages instead of complaining that they weren't catered to. (I actually heard complaints during recruitment last year from other groups.) Good luck and I know everything will work out and be wonderful!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

THANKS GUYS!!!

Crystal...I really needed to hear that! (espeically after the advisor's meeting we just had!!!!!) Phi Chi is coming so far...I am so proud of you guys. Not every campus is lucky to have a local that actually participates in stuff!!! I really appreciate all the positive feedback...good luck with ya'lls recruitment...oh and btw, your website is AWESOME!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, just so everyone knows, tonight is preference night! We have 243 going through...last count. Right now, I am in the computer lab, waiting for the Rho Sigmas to get here and help their girls narrow their choices down to two. So far, so good. All the chatpers seem to be doing very very VERY well, which makes me very happy! I can't wait til tomorrow, though...BID DAY! So I hope everyone else is doing well...I'll post results later this week!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been checking this thread to see how things are going... best of luck to Iota Iota tonight!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Let us know how it goes
Old 08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Iota Iota had one of our very best recruitments EVER!!! We have 19 beautiful new members that are all super excited to be in DZ. Our Bid Day could not have been any better! I am very proud of my chapter...they did an absolutly fabulous job!!! Thank you for all the support and love!!!

Side note: I would not be a good Panhellenic President if I did not also mention that the other six sororites on our campus did a fantastic job!!!! The ladies that went through recruitment were some of the best we've ever seen. Our greek system will be strengthened through their hard work and dedication!

Blaire
Old 08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Baltimore, MD - Missing Sitting on the Green Monster with Johnny Damon and Teddy Bruschi
Send a message via AIM to PlymouthDZ
Congrats!!

Make sure to give a big, warm welcome and best wishes for a memorable new memeber period to your new sisters from the Kappa Epsilon chapter!!!