GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,151
2 members and 1,149 guests
No Members online

Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

PSU/UPenn Chapters?

I'm a member at another chapter but am looking to transfer schools to either Penn State or Penn (I've been accepted to both, so it's basically just up to which chapter I would fit better with). I'm not sure if I'll have time to visit either campus and get the "inside scoop" on either of these chapters, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a little information on what they're all "about." Thanks!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Not a Theta but -

Penn State and Penn are VERY VERY different. Night and day. Just for starters, Penn is very near Philly, and Penn State is, well, in the middle of nowhere. The student bodies are also very different.

You really need to make the time to visit each one to determine what kind of school you want before worrying about joining the chapter.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't agree more. My dad is Penn alum and I worked with the KD chapter at Penn State (along with visiting friends, interviewing for their grad program, etc). They are night and day. While chapter fit is important to consider, there are many other characteristics that should go into your decision.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I misspoke.... I'm definitely considering more than just each school's Theta chapter, I just wanted a little more of an idea of what each chapter is like. I've already visited Penn and will be visiting Penn State this summer, but it's hard to gauge a chapter on such a short visit. Sorry!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinStars07 View Post
I think I misspoke.... I'm definitely considering more than just each school's Theta chapter, I just wanted a little more of an idea of what each chapter is like. I've already visited Penn and will be visiting Penn State this summer, but it's hard to gauge a chapter on such a short visit. Sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta kala View Post
While chapter fit is important to consider, there are many other characteristics that should go into your decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Not a Theta but -

Penn State and Penn are VERY VERY different.

You really need to make the time to visit each one to determine what kind of school you want before worrying about joining the chapter.
Your question has already been answered. No one is here is probably going to tell you much about each chapter. Figuring out what they're "like" and determining which is a better fit is up to you. But this isn't recruitment. You're transferring. You're selecting a school, not a chapter. Visit each school and determine which one you like better, and which would be more beneficial to you (academically above all else!)

@~/~~~~
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Your question has already been answered. No one is here is probably going to tell you much about each chapter. Figuring out what they're "like" and determining which is a better fit is up to you. But this isn't recruitment. You're transferring. You're selecting a school, not a chapter. Visit each school and determine which one you like better, and which would be more beneficial to you (academically above all else!)
I totally agree with this! Go to the school that is best for you! If you want to affiliate with the Theta chapter at the chosen school, than you can go through the process and see if you want to. If not than you can go into alumnae status early and concentrate on school! You will still be a Theta either way!