GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 824
1 members and 823 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Vote for an AXiD to carry the Olympic torch!

Vote for Carissa!

Quote:
Hey ladies!
Exciting news--I have been chosen as one of 18 finalists in a world-wide search for the world's most innovative thinkers to participate as torchbearers in the Beijing 2008 Olympic Torch Relay. The winner is chosen by online voting at:

http://WWW.LENOVO.COM/TORCH

or

http://newthinkers.lenovo.com

Once you're on the site, find my video, and vote for me! (they only gave us ONE WEEKEND to make the video, so it's not quite Hollywood-style, but I think my vid has a cute message!) You can vote as many times you like (although a lot of people have said the site only lets you vote once every other day or so..).

You don't have to register to vote, but if you do, you will be entered into a random drawing for one of three Lenovo-designed Cloud of Promise Beijing 2008 Olympic Torches. You can check out this amazing torch at the Lenovo torch site as well.

The voting just started, and runs through October 24, 2007, so get out and vote like a maniac! Pease, vote often and feel free to pass this along to friends and colleagues. Also feel free to post it up on any boards or forums you participate in. The competition is strong and I need all the support I can get.

I look forward to representing my country, my family and friends (and Alpha Xi! and Delaware! and DC! and Emory!) as a torchbearer in the Beijing 2008 Olympic Torch Relay.

Thank you so much for your support!

--Carissa Beatty
Old 10-16-2007, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to hijack... I ran with the torch for the 2002 Winter Olympics. It was indeed an honor.

Good luck with your contest!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I voted for her! She's in 7th place right now though. I wish her good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REE1993 View Post
Sorry to hijack... I ran with the torch for the 2002 Winter Olympics. It was indeed an honor.
That's so cool!!! How'd you get selected?

Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

My company was a major sponsor and had a few slots, and opened one of them up to the company. We had to write an essay about what inspired us, and mine was chosen. It was an amazing experience! It was freezing, the road was icy, and you are running with a butane-fueled torch in one hand, with a camera truck about 10 feet in front of you. THe poor lady before me wiped out and smashed her torch and the flame went out, but they had one of the master flames ready in case that happened.

Here's me right before I ran. By the way, if you wanted to keep the torch, it was $365. But that included an engraved torch stand.

This is later that night in Boston. I am the short one next to the newscaster. It was my 15 minutes of fame lol. We met Mitt Romney who was the head of the Olympic Games at the time.