LaneSig, Titchou

Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Winter ANCHORA...

Anyone get theirs yet?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Your story brought tears to my eyes...so well written!!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Gah! I'm dying to read it...but haven't gotten mine yet (and it's not online yet!). When I submitted it, they wanted 800-1200 words and the smallest I could get it down to was almost 4000! I told them to edit it however they wanted, but that was the smallest I could make it - now I want to see how much of it they were able to include! Come on mail!!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Today is Monday.....it better come! Everyone I know has gotten theirs but me.....AHH!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I still haven't gotten it either...isn't that the most unfair thing ever? Can someone tell me what picture they ended up putting in it?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Check it out online my dear! My mom said it is posted.

Got mine today.....cried both times I read it. I am completely and utterly speechless.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat......

LITB,
Andrea
Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't gotten mine yet, either, but I just read it online. My son came home from school and said that my eyes looked watery. My dad had lung cancer in '06 and although he has been cancer free for 2 years, I know what havoc it has on your life.

They used a pic of you & your mom with the caption "DG held her mother close at Eta Kappa chapter's Installation at NC State" and one of you at your wedding with other DG's. The caption is "DG couldn't have imagined her wedding day without DG's, including DG sis standing by her side."
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! I looked online! The edits they made were minimal - all of the stories are just fantastic! I continue to be so impressed with our fantastic sisterhood!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Winter Anchora

Hello all--

I'm the one who wrote the bipolar piece. The last sentence of the story should not have had the word 'thankfully' in it..I had changed the sentence and evidently didn't edit it properly before submitting (sad since I have a journalism degree). I wrote my story three times at about midnight of the due date.

I haven't read all the stories yet--I'm waiting for the print version. Zooming and moving the stories around frazzles my brain a bit.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
I went to bed last night with a headache from crying. Thank you all for sharing your stories. Tonight I'll read the cheerier part.

I will be getting together in a couple of months with sisters I haven't seen since college in the early 70s. Though we've gotten back in touch in the past few years (thank you intarwebz), I can't wait to relive those days of sharing our lives in Pittsburgh.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

That article made me cry as well. I love all of my DG sisters who were brave enough to share!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
All of the stories made me cry but it was nice to read about all the wonderful ways sisters have helped sisters.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Ladies,
I got my Anchora on Thursday - I was then out of town for Friday to Saturday. I look forward to reading it, but I read your story right away CJ! (since I "know" you & also Andrea through GC).
I loved it...what a great issue of the Anchora!