Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,365
1 members and 1,364 guests
Xidelt

Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Passing of a Soror

A dear friend of mine, one of your Sorors, Ms. Melissa C. Jackson, passed away Tuesday of last week. Her services were today (Monday, 02/08/10) in Atlanta, GA.

Missy was initiated at Talladega College in the Spring of 1995 at the Delta Chi Chapter in Talladega, AL. She was the Ace of her line.

Missy was one of the truest friends that I will ever have, a true gift from God Himself that I was lucky enough to know. She had a sweet nature and a sweet disposition. She could talk the moon blue and make a person feel as though they were the only one in the room that she wanted to hear the most. Missy always had a smile to crack and a laugh to share with everybody.

I met Missy when she was a Freshman and I was a Sophomore. We stayed friends until I graduated in 96. We were able to reconnect two years ago and stayed in contact, sometimes infrequently, but when we did reconnect, it was as though only a day had passed and not days, months, or years.

Missy could be the life of the party or she could keep to herself, but she could always keep her own. If you didn't know her, you wouldn't think that such a loud voice could come in such a small package.

She does have a Facebook page, it's under Melissa Jackson, if you'd like to visit it or learn about her.

She leaves behind her father and her sister and several aunts, uncles, and cousins and I believe a niece and nephew.

I just want to pass this on along to her Sorors and let you know of the passing of one of your beautiful ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.

Libramunoz

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 02-10-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

My sincerest condolences to my Greek Sister's family and friends. And just as an aside she is their Sorhor.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you both.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

May our soror rest in peace. Thank you for letting us know and for your kind words.

If she was not active with the sorority at the time of her passing, please contact our international headquarters (or ask her family to do this) and report her death. The number is 1.888.SGR.1922.

Thank you.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
May our soror rest in peace. Thank you for letting us know and for your kind words.

If she was not active with the sorority at the time of her passing, please contact our international headquarters (or ask her family to do this) and report her death. The number is 1.888.SGR.1922.

Thank you.
Thanks for the heads up, soror. Soror Melissa was quite active in our chapter, Eta Sigma, in Atlanta, and I'm confident that this was reported. I was on the road praying for her, and I did not take her passing well. Since joining the chapter 8.5 years ago, this is the first time we've lost a younger soror. Her special light will be sorely missed. Please lift her family and sorors up in prayer.

libramunoz, thank you for sharing your thoughts of Melissa. I have heard of many stories like yours that show how well liked and loved she was. I'm praying for her friends near and far as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojapeach View Post
Thanks for the heads up, soror. Soror Melissa was quite active in our chapter, Eta Sigma, in Atlanta, and I'm confident that this was reported. I was on the road praying for her, and I did not take her passing well. Since joining the chapter 8.5 years ago, this is the first time we've lost a younger soror. Her special light will be sorely missed. Please lift her family and sorors up in prayer.

libramunoz, thank you for sharing your thoughts of Melissa. I have heard of many stories like yours that show how well liked and loved she was. I'm praying for her friends near and far as well.
Sorry for your loss soror. I'm glad to hear that she was still active.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I am sorry for your loss, ladies. It sounds like Ms. Jackson was a very special person.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I am just glad that I was able to pass along this information to you ladies, because Missy was such a vibrant person that I just felt compelled to let you ladies know.
Thank you very much, and thanks for the hugs as well NinjaPoodle and Jojapeach, they were felt down here in TX from your hearts.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojapeach View Post

My deepest sympathies are with you Soror.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorhors and friends of Missy,

What a beautiful to honor her memory and legacy? Life is so precious - thanks for sharing her with us all.