GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,060
3 members and 1,057 guests
FSUZeta, JayhawkAOII, Tridentia

Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Wanting feedback on the Order of the Eastern Star

I just started researching info on OES because my fiancé is seriously considering applying for membership into the freemason fraternity. We've both done research on just that and the misinterpretations on the organization but I've never actually looked into OES as far as research goes. I've heard of the order, and I know someone who's in it, but the Internet is giving me mixed signals of course. What I have read about it makes feel like it's something I may want to be a part of. I'm a Christian, but from what I've read, that's a good thing. Some websites say that OES contradicts Christianity and Jesus Christ. I'm confused?! I'm so interested in finding out more so I can decide whole-heartedly if this is the right thing for me. How do I go about doing so? Any help would be highly appreciated :-) thanx! Oh! I'm in the Detroit area.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Refer to this thread here-
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=5632

There are a few posts from fellow Michiganders there as well as info about OES.

AFAIK OES contradicts Christianity about as much as reading Harry Potter does. A lot of the religious zealots out there believe that all fraternal societies, college GLOs included, have nefarious purposes and satanic undertones.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Before I joined the Order I was really concerned about a lot of the information I learned on the internet also. I too am a Christian and I certainly didn't want to join an organization where I might accidentally worship the devil, unwillingly or unknowingly. But the more I searched my spirit about it, and thought of the people that I knew were members of either the Order or Freemasonry who were on fire for Jesus the less I felt concerned about the opinions of naysayers who really knew little or nothing about this organization I now cherish.

A Scripture comes to my heart for you: Matthew 6:24 KJV

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

Jesus made it very clear that we cannot "think" that we are serving God but serve satan accidentally. What we do with our flesh gets conviction through the Holy Spirit. We can't do both... I hope this helps you little sister.May God bless and keep you and your family. Selah