Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,641
0 members and 1,641 guests
No Members online

Old 08-22-2002, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

New colony!

8/21/2002 - Alpha Xi Delta to Colonize at UT El Paso
The National Council of Alpha Xi Delta is pleased to announce an upcoming colonization at the University of Texas at El Paso. Delta Epsilon Beta, a local sorority at UTEP, will affiliate with Alpha Xi Delta this fall. If you live in the El Paso area and would like to work with the new colony, please contact Marissa DeBlasio, Extension Coordinator, at mdeblasio@alphaxidelta.org.

Wow! Wingate is being installed this fall, Boise and Methodist are being colonized this fall, we're all rooting for NBO as UCSC, and my own chapter is supposed to be recolonized in the spring ... and now this. Jeeper creepers, that's expansion!

Looks like UTEP has five sororites, including our own "debs" - AKA, ZTA, and two other locals, at least one of which is Hispanic-oriented.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
WOW!! The women at Theta Omega chapter at New Mexico State Univ. at Las Cruces, NM will be overjoyed to have another chapter just 45 minutes away.

I guess that Tucson Alumnae are going to be busy helping.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Xi Delta is growing!!! Two of the girls who were involved in bringing Alpha Xi to Boise State came over to visit us here at Nu chapter--they were GREAT girls and very excited about Alpha Xi Delta. This is SO wonderful.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
ok, i know its wonderful and all that we are colonizing out west, but can we PUH-LEEZ colonize somewhere in the northeast!!! (North Carolina does not count!)....like leiheigh univ, lafayette coll, franklin and marshall, anywhere in the northeast coridor!

(i know i am being selfish!I am pmsing!)
Old 08-23-2002, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey AlphaXigirl, tell us more! So is it a local working to bring them, or what? I want all the dirt I can get.

And Maggie, I'm selfish too - I was so excited because Boise is another chapter "close by."
Old 10-19-2002, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Things are moving forward for the colony at UTEP. This was posted on the Alpha Xi Delta web site.

10/18/2002 - Texas-El Paso Welcomes Alpha Xi Delta!
Alpha Xi Delta is pleased to announced the upcoming pledging of Delta Epsilon Beta Sorority at the University of Texas at El Paso on Saturday, October 26. If you would like to attend pledging or are interested in volunteering with Alpha Xi Delta's newest colony
contact the expansion directory at Fraternity Headquarters.

I'm planning on going over. Should be a fun weekend.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

On Saturday 10/26., I attended the colonization pledging ceremony for the colony at UTEP. 27 young women of the Delta Epsilon Beta local were pledged to Alpha Xi Delta.

Everything went well and I was very glad to be able to attend.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

AZ,

Hey, thanks. I was hoping that you would post a report. How was it? What's the campust like? What other Greek Orgs are there? Wow, Theta Omega must have had a very busy weekend between their own initiation and the colonization.

Tell us, inquiring Alpha Xi Delta's want to know.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Ummmm where to start. Yes, it was a very busy weekend. But the ladies at Theta Omega pulled together and pulled it off.

The campus at UTEP is very pretty. More, I'd say, an urban campus than a rural one. Its on a hill side (reminds me of my campus WKU) and that probably makes it interesting getting around.

The ceremony was held in a nice room in the student center which was quite empty for a Saturday morning. Twenty seven women from the local were pledged. There were 2 ELCs, one national officer, 3 alums, and I'd guess about 18 women from Theta Omega present.

Following the ceremony, we had a pizza lunch in a very nice reading room in another building. The women from UTEP were very excited to become Alpha Xis and a few from UTEP and NMSU already knew each other. I'm really looking forward to going back for their installation.

The only other NPC group at UTEP is Zeta Tau Alpha. I was told they also have about 25 members. The resident ELC is also from a campus only had 2 chapters, so she'll be well versed in how to help a chapter prepare for recruitment and participate in panhellenic with only 2 chapters.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXiDBlinkfan
GLAD TO BE AXiD

Hi! I'm one of the ladies that has become a new member of Alpha Xi Delta here at the University of Texas at El Paso. I'm so glad you all are happy for us as much as we are. I really feel the support, and soon we will be installed as the Iota Eta chapter of Alpha Xi Delta. Thanks for the support girls! And the chapter from Las Cruces are such wonderful girls, they're really supportive of us. Of that, we are greatful. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

3/7/2003 - Texas at El Paso Colony to be Installed
Alpha Xi Delta’s National Council proudly announces the installation of Iota Eta Chapter at the University of Texas at El Paso on April 26, 2003. It is customary for all National officers and volunteers, college chapters and alumnae associations, and any individuals who wish, to send congratulatory messages to the new chapter recognizing its installation.

For more information about the installation Fraternity Headquarters

----------------------------------------------------------

I'll be going over for the installation. I'm really looking foward to it.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Tear Send a message via Yahoo to Tear
Talking

We're all so excited about the new chapter being so close. UTEP is only about 30 minutes away from NMSU. Some of us know the girls and they are just fabulous! These are some hard-working, fun girls and AXiD is lucky to have them. Good luck Iota Eta! See you soon.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to opaldragon
Congratulations to Iota Eta from Iota Epsilon!

Hi Ladies. I just want to extend congratulations from the Iota Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Xi Delta at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas to the newest chapter of our national fraternity, Iota Eta Chapter at the University of Texas, El Paso. I'm originally from El Paso, and it is great to hear that AXiD is colonizing at UTEP. So here is much luck, love, and well-wishing to Iota Eta from Iota Epsilon.
P.S. AXiDBlinkfan, I think I might know you. Did you go to Silva HS?
Old 04-27-2003, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

This weekend I was privileged to be a part of the installation team for the installation of the Iota Eta chapter of Alpha Xi Delta at the Univ. of Texas at El Paso.

Twenty eight lovely woman and 5 alumnae initiates were initiated into Iota Eta chapter. The ceremony was lovely and the reception after was well attended by family and friends.

Congratulations to all the new initiates and best wishes for continued success.