Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,501
4 members and 1,497 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII, KDKells

Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Exclamation Bar Exam Anyone?

Anyone else getting ready to take the bar exam in like 2 weeks? Holy crap....2 weeks!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

YES I HATE IT A LOT. I want my summer back.

I am doing crappy on the questions for subjects I got As in, and the subjects I got gentleman's Cs in are suddenly my best.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

No, but my husband is about to sit for the California bar. AAAAaaarrrrggggghhhh! I can't wait 'til it's over!

AphiRattlerGal and GeekyPenguin, are you also in CA? Good luck to you both! I hope you pass!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket96 View Post
No, but my husband is about to sit for the California bar. AAAAaaarrrrggggghhhh! I can't wait 'til it's over!

AphiRattlerGal and GeekyPenguin, are you also in CA? Good luck to you both! I hope you pass!
Oh poor him, the very idea of a 3-day bar makes me cry right now. (Well, so does everything else...)

I'm taking the WI bar which is "supposed" to be easy but I'm a little freaked out. Good luck to your husband!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
Oh poor him, the very idea of a 3-day bar makes me cry right now. (Well, so does everything else...)

I'm taking the WI bar which is "supposed" to be easy but I'm a little freaked out. Good luck to your husband!
VandalShyster is finishing day three tomorrow. Washington only offers it in Seattle, which is a real travel annoyance since Gonzaga is in Spokane and having an east side testing site would make sense. Idaho offers it in Boise and in Moscow at the U of I, three fun filled days next week!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the good luck wishes, GeekyPenguin! At this point he is so stressed and not sleeping, etc. We leave on vacation the day after he finishes, so hopefully he can finally relax then!

Yesterday "his" room at the local library was taken when he got there and that seemed to freak him out. He left early this morning to get the room (our little library has only one private room).

Boy, will I be glad when this is over! I wish all of you the best!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Not til next year. Sounds like y'all are in hell

Signed up for everything though, got my letter of confirmation yesterday.

Good luck folks.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks for the good luck wishes, GeekyPenguin! At this point he is so stressed and not sleeping, etc. We leave on vacation the day after he finishes, so hopefully he can finally relax then!

Yesterday "his" room at the local library was taken when he got there and that seemed to freak him out. He left early this morning to get the room (our little library has only one private room).

Boy, will I be glad when this is over! I wish all of you the best!
We have had construction on our street and VandalShyster was always at the library because of the noise. I am SO GLAD I was on an archaeology dig and only had to deal with him for three weeks, of course it was the last three weeks of studying which are probably the most annoying. Maybe he'll become the same guy I left in May instead of the crazy person I've been blessed with being around since I got back.

I think the two worst bar exams are California and New York, you have my sympathies.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, VandalSquirrel,
I am hoping for the return of my REAL husband, not this maniac I am currently living with! Ha! I had to explain to our son (4 years old) that Daddy is just studying for a very important test and is not mad! We are now in the process of making a care package for Daddy -- one for him to take while he takes the bar. We are wrapping a shoe box and filling it with mints, gum, aspirin, photos, colored pages, mouthwash, etc. Hopefully that will help him get through those 3 days of he**!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks, VandalSquirrel,
I am hoping for the return of my REAL husband, not this maniac I am currently living with! Ha! I had to explain to our son (4 years old) that Daddy is just studying for a very important test and is not mad! We are now in the process of making a care package for Daddy -- one for him to take while he takes the bar. We are wrapping a shoe box and filling it with mints, gum, aspirin, photos, colored pages, mouthwash, etc. Hopefully that will help him get through those 3 days of he**!
I didn't even bother to give him anything since he had to travel and was seeing mom and sister on the way. Luckily I can combine a "Thank you Baby Jesus the freaking bar exam is over" dinner with his birthday and save money.

I am also very happy that I don't have to hear the excuse "But I'm in law school" or "I'm studying for the bar" ever again! It is really hard to be sympathetic when you've been living in a tent in remote Alaska, haven't showered for five days, everything you eat comes from a can, and you're doing manual labor and other work for 12 hours a day six days a week.

ETA: I think I'm going to make him a nice list of stuff to do around the house

Last edited by VandalSquirrel; 07-24-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Not til next year. Sounds like y'all are in hell

Signed up for everything though, got my letter of confirmation yesterday.

Good luck folks.
Not for two years for me. But, like you, wishing everyone good luck.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Ack!

Thanks Basket and everyone else for the good luck wishes. I'm taking the Colorado bar here in Denver. I'll be sooo happy when its all over. Boyfriend proposed to me last night and while my new ring is definitely something pretty to look at, i will be so happy in a couple days when I will get to relax and start the wedding planning process.

Good luck to everyone else taking the dreaded exam. i can't WAIT till its over!!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiRattlerGal View Post
Thanks Basket and everyone else for the good luck wishes. I'm taking the Colorado bar here in Denver. I'll be sooo happy when its all over. Boyfriend proposed to me last night and while my new ring is definitely something pretty to look at, i will be so happy in a couple days when I will get to relax and start the wedding planning process.

Good luck to everyone else taking the dreaded exam. i can't WAIT till its over!!
That's so exciting, congratulations! You should get a wedding magazine to read on Tuesday night to clear your mind!

I highly recommend the half-day MBE to anyone who hasn't done it already - BarBri claims you should shoot for 50% on that. I did way better and am finally feeling okay about the MBE.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Oklahoma doesn't require the MBE. I took a sample once -- sucks to be y'all.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-27-2008, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Oklahoma doesn't require the MBE. I took a sample once -- sucks to be y'all.

Are you sure Kevin? A couple of buddies of mine are taking the Oklahoma bar exam this week and I know they have to take the MBE. Hmmm...or maybe Oklahoma changed it for when you take it?

Geeky, thanks! Yea i think i will do that!