GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,261
1 members and 1,260 guests
ajliajnr4792

Old 10-05-2004, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Spring Rush at the University of Georgia

Hello! I am new to GC and I was hoping that someone could help me with something.

I went through rush this past fall at UGA but because I was having a really hard time making a decision I decided to withdraw before prefs so that I didn't mess up anyone's numbers. I decided to try rushing again once I got a feel for the different sororities on campus.

I now know that I definitely want to rush and I was thinking about trying it this spring. Can someone please tell me what spring rush is like at UGA? Is there anything that I need to be doing now?

Also, should I even be trying in the spring? Should I just wait and try again next fall?

Any advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Unregistered-

I know there are some UGA collegians/alums who may be able to help you here on GC, but your best bet would be to contact your Office of Greek Life ASAP to see what your options are. They would know what to do and they can advise you on what steps to take next.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

spring rush at UGA

I also dropped out of fall rush at UGA and I did pledge ( spring 99) ....its a different scene in the spring. A lot of sororities aren't rushing because they are already at total. Fourtnatly the one that I wanted to join in the fall before I dropped out arfter 3rd round was rushing in spring and I just went to all their events and joined. Get to know the girls on campus and find out who is rushing spring. I know I am biast but if Alpha gamma delta is rushing it is a great sorority to join
Old 10-05-2004, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a UGA alum and I've been out of school for 6 years but when I was there spring rush was very small and very informal. The majority of chapters do not rush in the spring and the ones that do tend to only pick up a handful of girls. It's quite informal, ice cream parties on a sunday afternoon in shorts and t-shirt kind of thing. VERY different from fall rush. I guess it depends on which chapters you are interested in, contacting the greek life office may give you an idea who is going to rush in the spring.

If you've like more info, feel free to PM me.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I helped with UGA rush at the Gamma Phi Beta house on Pref Day this year. LOTS of girls! I am also going up to help at initiation next month. I agree with what's been said so far -- spring rush is very informal and not all the chapters participate because they reached quota in the Fall -- the ones that do usually only take a handful of new members. Check with the Greek Life office to see which sororities are participating. I know there were some "top" houses that did not get quota in the Fall but most likely snap bidded (is that a word?) girls right away. If the sorority you think you want to join is involved in Spring rush you should go for it -- it is definitely a lot less stress in the Spring! Good luck and keep us posted as to what you decide.

P.S. /hijack/ bummer about UGA's loss this past weekend to TN; even though I did not go to UGA I always root for them and I love them dawgs! /end hijack/