Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,458
0 members and 1,458 guests
No Members online

Old 12-25-2001, 10:00 PM

Smile Gifts

Since Hanukkah and Christmas are both over, we can now brag to each other about our presents. Here's my brag list:

Parents- clothing money, jewelry, computer stuff
Sister- stuffed animal pig (My room is full of pig stuff)
other relatives- money, picture frames, pig stuff, gift certificates
boyfriend- two HUGE stuffed animal pigs, really nice diamond earrings
boyfriend's parents- really cute VS pajamas, gift certificate
boyfriend's sister- gift certificate to my fav restaurant
misc. friends- gift certificates, pig stuff, candles
Old 12-26-2001, 04:28 PM

BrownEyedGirl-
I REALLY want that book "The Southern Belle Primer....." and I asked my parents for it but didn't get it. I was so happy today though when my uncle's holiday card was finally delivered. Inside was a gift certificate to Barnes and Nobles! Yay! I hear that the book is suppose to be really good.
And, have lots of fun in Paris! Lucky you!
ZLAM
Old 12-26-2001, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to invade your board, but I just wanted to chime in on the book.

I bought the book ina thrift store about 5 years ago. It was on the counter, and I thought it was really neat so the owner sold it to me. (I just assumed it was an old book out of print).

Anyway, I love it. There are so many things that just make you laugh, and others that you sit and think "how true is that"
Old 12-26-2001, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

lol, I've been looking at that same book. Let me know how you like it!
Old 12-26-2001, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

sorry to crash your board

but I just had to say that that Princess Margaret/KKG book is hysterical, very funny and scarily true! you'll like it. We had a copy of it in the chapter room when I was in college (well, how could we resist anything that had Kappa Kappa Gamma in the title?), and it was passed around.
Old 12-27-2001, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all are making me so excited to get this book!! It was on my Christmas wish list, but it didn't quite make it under the tree so I used some Christmas moolah and ordered it myself. (Call it initiative!) It sounds perfect, and I'll definitely let you know what I think.

As for Paris, I went to a ZTA alumnae party with my aunt and a chapter sister of mine last week, and met some amazing girls. One of them is the general advisor at USC (Beta Omicron) and her ZTA little sis lives in Paris - how random is that?? So she's going to share her address with me so I (and two of my sisters who are going) can hang out at her place. Isn't sisterhood amazing?
Old 12-28-2001, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
BrownEyedGirl,
I don't know if you know about this or not, but the Back Door Guides to Europe come from a travel expert named Rick Steves. Here's a link to his site:

Europe Through the Back Door

Have fun on your trip - we're planning taking a ETBD trip next year (hopefully!)

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax
BrownEyedGirl,
I don't know if you know about this or not, but the Back Door Guides to Europe come from a travel expert named Rick Steves. Here's a link to his site:

Europe Through the Back Door

Have fun on your trip - we're planning taking a ETBD trip next year (hopefully!)
Omigosh, that's the exact book I got and I am SO excited to use his tips!! It's got lots and lots of info in there...I have plenty of time to pore over it before next summer.

One of my sisters (who'll be with me) has cousins who live in Nice year-round so we can stay there one weekend. Not to mention the ZTA who lives in Paris (hopefully not too far from where we'll be staying). Between those two and some weekend trips to other countries, I'm SOO excited. I plan to take some great ZTA in Paris pix, too! We're packing our stitched letters to wear for some cute souvenir photos. My 21st birthday is the last day I'll be in Paris, and my family may fly over to meet me and stay in Europe for a few days. It sounds too good to be true! (Sorry to ramble on and bore y'all. Can you tell I'm ready to hop a plane and go?)

Thanks for the advice, PnguinTrax! I'll have to check out the website. I'll keep y'all posted!
Old 01-02-2002, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to be late, but had to chime in as well...

**Diamond/gold bracelet from awesome boyfriend. I now have the necklace and bracelet so we're working our way to the ring (I hope)
* warm new comforter
* gold hoop earrings
* Florida State shirt
* Gap sweater
* A Tribute to Heroes CD
* Victorias Secret gift certificate
* Great clothes from a great mom

I am still excited about the bracelet so I had to talk about it again.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

That stuff sounds great, Karen!

I just had to say that I got my book today ('The Southern Belle Primer") and I read it in one sitting. SO funny and precious! My mom has dibs on it after me. Thanks for the recommendation, y'all!
Old 01-03-2002, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I looked up the southern book on amazon today and read an excerpt. I almost fell out of my chair laughing!
Old 01-03-2002, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

That book is just great, and I think I'm going to order "Just as We Were: A Slice of Texas Womanhood" pretty soon....I read about it on another GC thread. Y'all have really got me hooked on amazon.com!!

Also, forgot to add that my aunt gave me an adorable pillow for Christmas. She made me a gorgeous cream colored pillow with gray and turquoise stitching spelling out "Zeta Tau Alpha" and little strawberries around it. How thoughtful was that? She said the first one she made was flawless but she accidentally embroidered "Alpha Tau Zeta" - how funny! Poor thing, she's so crafty but forgot her Greek alphabet. Anyhow, I love it!!
Old 01-04-2002, 12:36 AM

I just got the book last week and read through it. It was really interesting and funny.
My old roommate made me a pillow. It has purple ruffles on it (to match my room) and the material she bought had these cute little pigs on it! She embroidered in purple "Zeta Tau Alpha". It is soooo cute.