GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 987
3 members and 984 guests
MTSUGURL, SweetHomeStL

Old 07-05-2002, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Selfish MOM in Michigan

This scallywag done pissed me off. . . how ignantly selfish can you be?

a TEN MONTH OLD!???!?!!?!? and 3 year old. . . . gone because of her ignant azz.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/774709.asp?0dm=V1APN&cp1=1

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., July 1 — A mother accused of leaving her children to die inside her sweltering car while she went to have her hair done has been charged with first-degree murder.

TARAJEE MAYNOR, 25, of Detroit, remained jailed without bond early Monday. She faces life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted.
Acacia D. Maynor, 10 months, and Adonnis D. Maynor, 3 years, died Friday after being left alone in her black compact car for more than three hours, police said.
“We treat animals better than that,” said Southfield police Chief Joseph Thomas. “It’s our full intention to put her behind bars for the rest of her natural life.”
“This is a hideous crime, a horrific crime,” Thomas said.
Maynor was arraigned Sunday before District Court Magistrate Eugene Friedman on two counts each of first-degree murder and felony child abuse.
The Southfield magistrate ordered her held without bond at the Oakland County Jail.
Maynor, who is due back in court on July 10, was not represented by an attorney.
“Those children really suffered,” said Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Deborah Carley. “The mere image of her sitting in that salon, getting her hair done, reading a magazine while they were suffering makes me sick.”

SUNNY AFTERNOON
Thomas said the windows on the car, a Dodge Neon, were rolled up when the children were left. He said Maynor’s hair appointment apparently took longer than expected.
The weather was sunny on Friday afternoon, with afternoon highs in the 80s, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature inside a parked car likely would be much hotter because of the greenhouse effect.
Maynor first told police that she had been abducted, raped and then returned to her car, police said.
She later changed her story, telling police that she stopped to have her hair done about 4:20 p.m. and left the children. When she returned more than three hours later, she found them dead, police said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SECOND ARTICLE:

Mom Who Left Kids Has Criminal Past

DETROIT, 12:38 p.m. EDT July 2, 2002 - Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca is looking into the criminal record of a pregnant Detroit mother accused of leaving her children trapped inside a hot car.

Court records showed that Tarajee Maynor , 25, ignored court dates and traffic tickets. Her driver's license was suspended three times and she has been barred from driving since 1999.

Maynor pleaded guilty in September 1999 to stealing more than $15,000 in jewelry from her then-employer, Service Merchandise in Livonia, Mich., The Associated Press reported. A warrant was reportedly issued after she did not appear for sentencing in January 2000.

Maynor is charged with two counts of felony murder. Oakland County prosecutors said that Maynor left her 10-month-old daughter, Acacia, and 3-year-old son, Adonnis, in the car Friday while getting her hair done at a Southfield salon.

The children reportedly died from hyperthermia after being in the black Dodge Neon for about three hours in the sweltering heat. Temperatures in the car reportedly topped 100 degrees and the children likely survived only 20 to 40 minutes, Local 4 reported.

The children were covered with vomit when they were taken to Providence Hospital by their mother, Local 4 learned. Lip marks were found on the car window, suggesting that the 3-year-old was gasping for air, the station learned. The boy also reportedly removed his sister from her car seat in what would appear to be an attempt to help her.

Prosecutors said that Maynor knew the dangers of the heat.

Gorcyca appeared on CNN's "Connie Chung Tonight" Monday, calling Maynor "a pretty callous woman."

"This mother bears no maternal instincts," Gorcyca told CNN. "She placed these two children in a little inferno, and had to know that there was going to be dire consequences."

Gorcyca called the children's ordeal "physical and mental torture."

"She knew it was hot. She put the kids in the car. She cracked the window," Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Kate McNamara told Local 4. "She spent over three hours in a salon, never checking on them once."

Southfield police said that Maynor also drove around three hours with the dead children in her car before taking them to the hospital. Once at the hospital, she reportedly told investigators that she had been abducted and raped, Local 4 reported.

Investigators said that the evidence and her story did not match, and began to interview her further. Police said that she eventually confessed to leaving the children inside the car. She reportedly told police that she was trying to figure out what to do as she drove around for three hours after discovering they had died.

Southfield Police Chief Joseph Thomas said that he is trying to make an example out of her. "It's part of our efforts to keep Southfield safe and secure," Thomas told The Oakland Press. "There are governmental agencies that are willing to stand up for young people like the two that died in that crime."

Thomas told the paper that there are some people who should not have the right to have kids.

Maynor remained silent during her weekend arraignment. If convicted on the murder charges, she could spend the rest of her life in prison.

Maynor is currently being held in jail without bond. The judge agreed to keep her in jail until her case is decided. Prosecutors also want to take custody of her unborn child, Local 4 reported.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I just read about this the other day. I can't imagine what she was thinking leaving those kids in the car like that. That 's really sad.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to uluvdisRED
Update

This monster (I dare not call her a mom) showed up in court yesterday. Instead of being charged with murder as this crime calls for, she is being charged with manslaughter! This comes after the court found out during discovery that she tried to abandon her children before, and she has a history of neglect. Whats going on in Southfield?!
Old 07-11-2002, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
I wanted to censor myself on the words I want to use, but I have to completely agree with CT4. I am pissed to high Hell about this mess. God bless those babies, and I'm actually praying that God has mercy on that wench's soul. I don't think the other prisoners will have much mercy on her, and they shouldn't. If she could be so careless on this one instance, can you imagine how careless she's been since they were born? I'm so mad that I could cry.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to QUEENSUE
I AM JUST SITTING AT THE COMPUTER WITH MY MOUTH WIDE OPEN IN DISBELIEF.

THE CHILDREN CERTAINLY SUFFERED A TERRIBLE DEATH
Old 07-17-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry she is really pissing me off

http://www.detroitnews.com/2002/metr...a01-535702.htm

Mom deserted 3rd child
Beauty parlor mother left baby with adoption agency for 53 days in 2000, prosecutors say

By Jennifer Chambers / The Detroit News

PONTIAC -- A 25-year-old mother who dodged murder charges in the heat-exposure deaths of her two children abandoned a third child at a local adoption agency for nearly two months, Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca said.

The prosecutor's office was told on Monday by the Family Independence Agency that Tarajee S. Maynor gave birth to a child in November 2000 and left the baby at Bethany Christian Services, a private adoption agency in Madison Heights, for 53 days.
Gorcyca said he has no further details on the matter, including what happened to the baby after 53 days or where the baby is now. His office, after trying to obtain records from the state agency and the adoption agency, has decided to subpoena the records to get the details.
"I'm not going to play around any more. I want the legal records, and I want them now," Gorcyca said. Maynor's attorney, Elbert Hatchett, was unavailable for comment Thursday, his office said.
On Wednesday, 46th District Court Judge Stephen C. Cooper reduced Maynor's charges from felony murder to involuntary manslaughter. Police officers testified that Maynor said she was "too stupid" to know her children, Adonnis, 3, and Acacia, 10 months, would die after being locked in her closed Dodge Neon for nearly four hours June 28. Felony murder is punishable by up to life prison; involuntary manslaughter carries a maximum of 15 years in prison on each count.
Assistant Prosecutor Marc Barron did not inform Judge Cooper of the new development because his office did not have documentation of the 2000 abandonment, Gorcyca said. Until prosecutors have documentation, the information would be considered hearsay in court and would be inadmissible.
"Marc can't just stand up and say it. We need someone to testify and (the) records," Gorcyca said.
Once prosecutors get more documentation about the abandonment of the baby, they would likely use that information at trial to show what Maynor's intent may have been with the two children who died in her care, Chief Deputy Prosecutor Deborah Carley said.
"It is an important thing to look at about her," Carley said. "Did she not want that child? That could go to her motive and intent in this case with these children and whether she wanted them. It also goes to her ability to parent and her intent and how she cared for these children on a daily basis."
The case worker from the Family Independence Agency told prosecutors that Maynor, who is now pregnant, gave birth to a child after Adonnis and before Acacia and turned the baby over to the private agency for adoption.
Maynor did not sign the necessary paperwork terminating her parental rights and left the child at the agency for 53 days, prosecutors were told. The child's gender and age is unknown.
Dawn Dean, spokeswoman for Bethany Christian, said privacy rules prevent her from saying whether Maynor dropped off a baby for adoption.
Under the adoption agency's rules, if a woman refuses to terminate her rights on paper or return to pick up her child after 90 days, the agency makes every attempt to find the mother before making the child a ward of the state and placing it up for permanent adoption, Dean said.
"We are obligated by law to follow this person (the mother). We would go find that person, be after that person and not let up," Dean said.
After that, the child would become a ward of state, and the agency would begin permanent adoption proceedings.
Prosecutors also have said that if Maynor, who is pregnant with her fourth child, gives birth in the county, they will seek to have her parental rights terminated.
Prosecutors are still trying to obtain documents from the Wayne County offices of the Family Independence Agency related to a visit case workers reportedly made to the Maynor home in Detroit to check on the children. No action was taken after the visit, but Carley wants to know why investigators were sent to the home.
Part of the problem with obtaining documents from state agencies like FIA is that county branches of the agencies do not talk to each other, Carley said.
"We can't pick up the phone and say Oakland get a report from Wayne. We've put a request into FIA in Wayne County and Bethany Christian."