GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,184
1 members and 1,183 guests
IllyPolly

Old 06-14-2004, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Who'd they talk to?

http://www.yaleherald.com/article.php?Article=2936

The article refers to a group of women at Yale who were talking with an NPC group to start a fourth sorority. Of the three existing chapters, one was not in favor of expansion. My question: does anyone know who they had in mind?

(My apologies if this has already been discussed.)
Old 06-14-2004, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I really don't know but I can understand why they one would not be in favor of expansion. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Greek Life is that big there so to have another one being pitted against you for members would not be a good thing.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:14 AM

This sounds like a big "she said - she said" situation. From what I see, it doesn't say whether they wanted to start a local or a national, NPC or non-NPC, or what. There's no mention of talking to an NPC group that's not on the campus. Also it doesn't matter if they "talked" to the NPC groups - until the school's panhel votes on it it doesn't matter. I'm guessing a sorority had a discussion that they wouldn't like another group there, someone from that group blabbed, etc etc. and now it's all "they won't allow us."

Plus if these other girls are "jokingly" acting as a sorority I don't think any other groups would look kindly on that. They don't seem to understand how this works.

Last edited by 33girl; 06-14-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Ummm...I better read that article first. Sorry!

O.K. These girls don't really sound like they are truly interested in forming a sorority. In fact, when she mentioned that they don't see themselves fitting in with the three currently on campus, I started to wonder if they had even tried to garner information & get to know the three already on campus. I do think that they first should get the info & get to know the ladies of Theta, Kappa, & Pi Phi. Then they can decide where they fit.

Last edited by CASIGKAP; 06-14-2004 at 10:22 AM.