Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,412
0 members and 1,412 guests
No Members online

Old 03-21-2001, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Question did we land on the moon?!?

i was watching this FOX special called "conspiracy theory: did we land on the moon" it was very interesting. it brought up some thought provoking points:

1) if they were in space and space has no atmoshpere, then why are there photos of the flag waving? a flag can only wave when there is wind and wind can only blow when there is an atmosphere.

2) In space they only had one form of light, the sun. so how is it that on photogragphs, there were pics showing objects, and the astronauts' shadows going in different directions? When a sun cast shodows, they run parallel to each other and do not intercect.

Some people believe that the whole thing was a hoax. The astronauts actually orbited space for eight days and then returned to earth. and tht photage of the moon was actually filmed in a dessert in an area calle Area 51(i believe)

i just thought that this was an interesting show.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

That is real deep, I wonder if it can be true but pray that it isn't or that no one will ever prove it if it is....Think of how the American public would feel if that is true and we have been lied to for fourty years
Old 03-22-2001, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror, I watche dit to and now I believe, we did not go to the moon!
Old 04-19-2001, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies, I'm sure you didn't, but I hope you aren't basing your opinion just on that fox tv show. First of all, you have to realize what station you were watching. FOX!! The same news worthy distributor that has produced programs such as When Animals Attack and the Alien Autopsy. Next, I would say do some research in the net and in books. You will find that there are simple explanations for all of the issues the hoax theorists use and there is far more evidence that we did land on the moon than there is that we didn't. I know this issue is pretty old and really not that important, but I just wanted to give another point of view. I hope you don't mind.
Old 04-19-2001, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

i didnt see the show, but i'm all into conspiracy issue type things!!! maybe i'll catch a re-run...

even if it's not a hoax, it does give you something to think about.

Old 04-19-2001, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't see the show either, but hmmm it makes you wonder doesn't it.

Our tax dollars brought that 16 million plus dollar ride and still are buying them rides today. Ever think it could of been made up so that we support it and ignore the millions of kids and family who are starving in this world, let alone our country, our states, and even closer some of our neighborhoods.

I've never seen a place with no air able to have a waving flag. If you blow up a balloon and put a flag in it its not going to wave is it?

I dont know anything about the light so I won't comment on that.

But if you really study our old school text books have taught us a lot of false information.

Old 04-19-2001, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll have to admit, I'm also into the conspiracy thing but chances are, those guys did land on the moon. As far as the flag waving, there's actually a pretty simple explanation for that one. Not every waving flag needs a breeze -- at least not in space. When astronauts were planting the flagpole they rotated it back and forth to better penetrate the lunar soil (anyone who's set a blunt tent-post will know how this works). So of course the flag waved! Unfurling a piece of rolled-up cloth with stored angular momentum will naturally result in waves and ripples -- no breeze required! Just a little tidbit.