Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,602
4 members and 1,598 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands, Xidelt

Old 08-28-2012, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Isaac is now at hurricane strength. The storm track has shifted a little to the west, so NOLA is not taking a direct hit. FYI 8/29/2005 Katrina hit NOLA.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It looks like we are right in the path. Luckily we are further inland and not as low as NOLA.

I am considering drugging some hyper teenagers.

ΒΣΦ
Louisiana Preceptor Pi -Exemplar
Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
This makes me a little glad that we did not end up moving to NOLA. I can handle blizzards but this hurricane would be freaking me out. Mr. LP's old school appears to be closed until Thursday in anticipation of the storms. Thinking good thoughts for the people of New Orleans!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hearing from my friends in NOLA, Landmass Coast (a/k/a Mississippi), Destin, and family in Mobile that they've lost power. DH handed me a margarita without being asked, I just said, "Thank you."
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

It appears the remnants of Isaac are supposed to head right over my alma mater on Saturday, dropping 1.5-5" of rain in 48 hours! They need it though...
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

If only we could blow it over the midwest drought areas!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ It might. I was looking up the weather when getting dressed for class today and accuweather has a special weather statement up here that says:

...HEAVY RAINFALL LIKELY THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND...
THE REMNANTS OF HURRICANE ISAAC ARE FORECAST TO MOVE ACROSS THE REGION THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND. THE RAIN MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY AS THE CENTER OF THE TROPICAL SYSTEM MOVES NORTHEAST ACROSS MISSOURI AND ILLINOIS.
WEEKEND RAINFALL TOTALS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS.
DESPITE CURRENT DROUGHT CONDITIONS...THOSE WHO LIVE OR WILL BE VACATIONING NEAR SMALL CREEKS AND RIVERS WILL WANT TO CLOSELY MONITOR RIVER LEVELS. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE VERY LOW WATER LEVELS MOST CREEKS AND STREAMS ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING. THIS WEEKENDS RAINS WILL LIKELY CAUSE RAPID...AND SIGNIFICANT...RISES IN WATER LEVELS.
STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO...LOCAL MEDIA...OR A TRUSTED INTERNET SOURCE FOR THE LATEST FORECAST CONCERNING ISAAC.

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my favorite pledge sisters is in Baton Rouge. She moved there about a month ago so this is her first hurricane.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Tomorrow afternoon/evening will be the peak in Baton Rouge.

ΒΣΦ
Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Amazon View Post
Tomorrow afternoon/evening will be the peak in Baton Rouge.
This is now wrong. Isaac has slowed even more and the peak for Baton Rouge is now predicted to be around 1:00am Thursday.

ΒΣΦ
Old 08-30-2012, 06:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Hearing from my friends in NOLA, Landmass Coast (a/k/a Mississippi), Destin, and family in Mobile that they've lost power. DH handed me a margarita without being asked, I just said, "Thank you."
Really? My Destin-based parents have not had any power losses. There might be some places right on the coast that lose power, but they're the same areas that flood out anytime anything more than a thunderstorm comes up.

I'm headed there tonight.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Really? My Destin-based parents have not had any power losses. There might be some places right on the coast that lose power, but they're the same areas that flood out anytime anything more than a thunderstorm comes up. I'm headed there tonight.
She is right on the Coast.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

All my friends and family in BR lost power, but at least my sister has her's back. Thank God, bc I have a plane ticket to land on Saturday and I don't want to spend all weekend stuck in a hot house! We didn't have power for 7days after Andrew and Katrina and my sister didn't have any for 10 after Gustav. Why do I pick Labor Day to visit? Dumb.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Why do I pick Labor Day to visit? Dumb.
Because you had enough time to visit and you miss your sister? You're not dumb, the himacane odds just weren't in your favor this time Hope you have a safe trip and your sister is okay.

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 08-30-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Because you had enough time to visit and you miss your sister? You're not dumb, the himacane odds just weren't in your favor this time Hope you have a safe trip and your sister is okay.
Pretty much my whole family is there. I think they're fine. BR floods a bit, but no one in my family lives in flood prone homes. We'll see how bad it looks when I get there. Things were scary after Katrina, but it was a 2/3 when it hit BR.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!