GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 999
1 members and 998 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
ok, wow.. that's just tacky.

And why would I pay $1000 for someone else to pray for me??

Bynum always struck me as a bit smarmy.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanizdSkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4 View Post
I pray folks discern that none of this is of God. You don't need to pay anybody to pray for you. As long as you have a mouth, you can pray. As long as you have thoughts, you can pray.
Say that!

And people still wonder why her marriage is falling apart. I wish I would send her a cool grand to pray for me. If that thought should cross my mind I ask God to remove it right now. The devil IS a lie.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jer 29:11)
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

May I Preach for a Second

Furthermore, no one needs ANYBODY to pray for them. We can pray for ourselves. God resides in us. We don't have to go to the high preist any more. Jesus paid it all for us so we can have that personal relationship with Him.

This is an example of a "form of godliness."

II Tim 3:5 --Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I'm done now.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down This is like a scene in a movie.....

Quote:

Reminds me of that scene in Waiting To Exhale when Angela Bassett was having a $1 yard sale of all of her cheating husband's expensive belongings. This is just too trifling and sad -- and not a good representation of Christianity. (...but why start now, I guess, after the parking lot madness?!?)

::::good grief::::
"this is a Serious matter!"
Old 09-20-2007, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlessedOne04 Send a message via Yahoo to BlessedOne04
That man needs money to keep himself out of jail and debt! Juanita Bynum would still get half of that money anyway.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedOne04 View Post
That man needs money to keep himself out of jail and debt! Juanita Bynum would still get half of that money anyway.

Good point -- and, truth be told, in a minute it is probable that they would never be able to get that inventory sold.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyInPink777 View Post
Reminds me of that scene in Waiting To Exhale when Angela Bassett was having a $1 yard sale of all of her cheating husband's expensive belongings. This is just too trifling and sad -- and not a good representation of Christianity. (...but why start now, I guess, after the parking lot madness?!?)

::::good grief::::
That's exactly what I said when I saw the e-mail. He must have spent the weekend watching Waiting to Exhale, cutting out that S-curl (I hope, lol), and listening to the soundtrack.

I don't know everything but I do know that prayer is always and will always be free! If you can't go to God for yourself, don't expect anybody else to do it for you. Although I do believe in others joining in your petition to God and praying to God for you, don't be lazy and not pray for yourself. Right now, Juanita and Thomas need to BE QUIET and be praying for themselves.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

So True!!

Quote:

I don't know everything but I do know that prayer is always and will always be free! If you can't go to God for yourself, don't expect anybody else to do it for you. Although I do believe in others joining in your petition to God and praying to God for you, don't be lazy and not pray for yourself.

Hallelujer .....Amen, sisterGreek! Preach
Old 09-20-2007, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
There was an article about her on the fron page of the NYTimes today. Anyone see it?

Here's the link.

Quote:
Since the attack, Ms. Bynum, 48, has tried to reinvent herself once more, announcing that she is “the new face of domestic violence.” But Tom Joyner, the syndicated radio talk show host, did not let her off the hook so easily: “If you’re a prophet,” Mr. Joyner asked, “didn’t you see this coming?”
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyivy84 View Post
There was an article about her on the fron page of the NYTimes today. Anyone see it?

Here's the link.

Quote:
Since the attack, Ms. Bynum, 48, has tried to reinvent herself once more, announcing that she is “the new face of domestic violence.” But Tom Joyner, the syndicated radio talk show host, did not let her off the hook so easily: “If you’re a prophet,” Mr. Joyner asked, “didn’t you see this coming?”
ohhhh, snap.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But Tom Joyner, the syndicated radio talk show host, did not let her off the hook so easily: “If you’re a prophet,” Mr. Joyner asked, “didn’t you see this coming?”
Period.com.

bwhahahahahahaha......

*goes to read for her response to that*

ETA: she had none.
I dont even know what to say about the article.

Last edited by nikki1920; 09-21-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Here's the link.

Quote:
From the article:

The assault, Dr. Lee said, is a challenge to Ms. Bynum’s credibility: “Maybe she’s been living a lie all these years.”

Uhh, yeah.

But during the marriage, Ms. Bynum publicly focused on the duties of a Christian wife, counseling women to give their husbands plenty of sex and to ask them, “Do I please you?”

Juanita sit DOWN!

About this time, Ms. Bynum glamorized her own look, trading a bun for a hair weave, picture-perfect makeup and plastic surgery that she discussed on the BET network. Her wardrobe went from ankle-length skirts to casual chic and glittering jewelry.

Say what?

In the seminars, she sermonized, “I don’t care what kind of husband you got, that’s your covenant vow, and you have a responsibility to make him feel like he’s a wonder when you know he ain’t.”

The hell I do.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Dang!
I thoughtshe had gone under the knife.

Playing choich and playing with the Lord.

^
|------ wants no part of that! My prayers don't cost a thing, but WORTH SO MUCH!!!!!!

Last edited by AKA2D '91; 09-21-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
From the article:

The assault, Dr. Lee said, is a challenge to Ms. Bynum’s credibility: “Maybe she’s been living a lie all these years.”

Uhh, yeah.

But during the marriage, Ms. Bynum publicly focused on the duties of a Christian wife, counseling women to give their husbands plenty of sex and to ask them, “Do I please you?”

Juanita sit DOWN!

About this time, Ms. Bynum glamorized her own look, trading a bun for a hair weave, picture-perfect makeup and plastic surgery that she discussed on the BET network. Her wardrobe went from ankle-length skirts to casual chic and glittering jewelry.

Say what?

In the seminars, she sermonized, “I don’t care what kind of husband you got, that’s your covenant vow, and you have a responsibility to make him feel like he’s a wonder when you know he ain’t.”

The hell I do.

Wow, just wow. She really need to just lay low and keep quiet.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

That last statement really got to me. If he aint wonder to me, why would I make him feel like that? Isn't that a lie?

I have a real problem with people who have blatant self esteem issues telling me how to "get and keep a man". Keep playing with Him and see what happens.