Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,356
3 members and 1,353 guests
JayhawkAOII, Phrozen Sands, Xidelt

Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
Rose = I got cast in a community theatre production of Best Little Whorehouse in Texas!
Bud = First rehearsal for said play is Sunday night at 6...I imagine it will be a read-through and hopefully we'll get a schedule for the rest of the month.
Thorn = While auditioning, I had a painful memory that sent me to the bathroom in tears. I don't know how many of you remember the shooting that occurred in Athens over a month ago now, but the community theatre at which the shooting took place was one I participated with frequently during my time in Athens. It holds such warm memories for me, and being in a new community theatre, with such a great group of people from what I can tell so far, made me feel a surge of sadness for the loss of three wonderful lives, one of whom I was particularly fond of.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DoubleTDG
Rose = I leave for Ireland tomorrow for a month long internship.
Bud = Not quite done packing and people wanting me to do things all day that do not consist of packing.
Thorn = My poor little puppy is trying to unpack me because he hates it when I leave. It makes me feel like such a mean person.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Rose: HannahGirl is coming to visit today (and she'll stay for the weekend!!)! Yay!

Bud: Father's Day is Sunday and I can't wait to give my husband his first Father's Day present:

The three pictures will be framed in a silver tri-fold frame! Alex was such a good model for Mommy!

Thorn: Alex has to have his 4 month shots today!! I hate seeing him hurt!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
Rose: HannahGirl is coming to visit today (and she'll stay for the weekend!!)! Yay!

Bud: Father's Day is Sunday and I can't wait to give my husband his first Father's Day present:

The three pictures will be framed in a silver tri-fold frame! Alex was such a good model for Mommy!

Thorn: Alex has to have his 4 month shots today!! I hate seeing him hurt!
I LOOOOOOOOVE these pictures! You took them yourself? They look great!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Rose = i got a lot of new stuff for my apartment!
Bud = I'm looking forward to seeing my best friend!
Thorn = I got thrown from my horse 3x in one lesson and ended up with a huge welt/bruise on my leg, a sore neck, a bruised face, and a mild concusion...
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Quote:
Originally Posted by minDyG View Post
I LOOOOOOOOVE these pictures! You took them yourself? They look great!
Thanks, yep, I took them! I bought the letters at Michaels and caught Alex when he was in a happy, smiley mood right after a nap!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to go in the opposite direction today.....mix it up a little!

Thorn - still have 3 weeks of grad school. plus the day after my last class is my first official start back to work. ugh....no rest for the wary! and I have yet to do anything around the house that I want to get done this summer. 14 credits of grad school in one summer....don't think it'll happen again!

Bud - even though school is coming quick....I'm looking forward to going back! I can't wait to see my kids and my co-workers!
At the end of this 14 credits, my teaching license will not be PK-3 anymore. it will have 4th and 5th added to it!

Rose - my license is going to be changing for the better! hooray!
Football season is about to begin!
I'm excited for our summer cookout this weekend with our friends and family!
and
I'M PREGNANT!!!!! We are due in February....no official date yet but I'm thinking around Valentine's Day. Hopefully I'll have a picture after my next doctor's appointment on Aug 13th.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 AM

Rose = A friend from high school came to visit! I've been missing her!
Bud = INITIATION!!!
Bud = The boyfriend is coming for Semiformal! So exciting!

Thorn = I have to deal with my crazy crazy English professor as I stumble through a paper that she refuses to properly explain.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Crashing a bit but I just wanted to share a funny DG-related story... I suppose it's a rose for something cool that happened, and a thorn for the people involved not having a clue!

A few months ago we were launching a new project at work called "Project Anchor". Our company colors are a bunch of bold bright colors: blue, lime, gold, orange, pink, etc. The project manager was tasked with finding a blue anchor with a pink rope and was searching all over the internet without luck. She asked me if I knew where to find one, and my first thought was "that's the Delta Gamma symbol and colors!" They had no idea (GDI's) until I mentioned it, and I had to show them deltagamma.org as proof. They wound up changing the colors so as not to infringe It was one of those moments that still makes me laugh a few months later.

Just wanted to share some Panhellenic love And back to your regularly scheduled programming!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to go in reverse order here.

Thorn: I got fired from my job. This is in the wake of my separation from my husband, who took the sole car the two of us shared, and kept the house too, so I was crashing at a friend's and relying on her for rides to and from work. The loss of my job couldn't have come at a worse time.

Bud: I applied for an Anchor Grant. I'm hoping that the people writing my letters of recommendation do so in a timely manner.

Rose: A friend's mother is the director of a daycare center in the town I'm now staying in with my parents, and a girl who works there put in her two-weeks' notice today...so he texted me this afternoon to say I could start Monday! God is amazing! This center is within walking distance from my parents' house, so not having a car won't be much of an issue. I read a Bible verse this week that gave me DG chi
lls..."We are cruelly attacked, but not without hope; we are made low, but not without help." 2 Cor 4:9.

Y'all keep me in your thoughts please! LITB ladies!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm keeping you in my prayers, MinDyG!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

As of this past Friday, December 11th, I'm ENGAGED!!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDeltaGam View Post
As of this past Friday, December 11th, I'm ENGAGED!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!