Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,394
2 members and 1,392 guests
Toeshoes

Old 06-27-2004, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UHPhiMu05
I'm very conservative. I tend to vote for Republicans, but I try to keep an open mind and not vote straight party.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I know Republicans are *traditionally* fiscally conservative and Democrats are fiscally liberal. However, this current administration turned a massive budget surplus into a massive budget deficit.

As my daddy said, "You know, the traditional, old-school Republicans are socially rather liberal, financially conservative. With George Bush, its socially conservative, and financially, its just one big drunken orgy."

So I guess if the Republican party were still controlled by traditionalists, I would be a moderate Republican. Things being how they are, looks like I'm squarely in the Democrat box. (I am a registered Democrat and all... although I have voted Republican for State Senator. But this was in Massachusetts, so she's still very moderate)
Old 06-28-2004, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nucutiepie
if the Republican party were still controlled by traditionalists, I would be a moderate Republican. Things being how they are, looks like I'm squarely in the Democrat box.
The term Rockafeller Republican comes to mind- they tended to be socially liberal, fiscally conservative/responsible.

I'm squarely in the Democrat box.

I've worked on several Congressional campaigns, a Gubernatorial campaign and a Presidential campaign- all Democrats. All statehouse campaigns I've worked on have been Democrats.
The one District Attorney campaign I worked on was a Republican- but when it came to this race it was more "has the guy in office prosecuted criminals or sat on his behind?"
Old 07-03-2004, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Liberal Democrat here. I have been known to cross party lines in local elections, though. (I've voted for my state rep, who is Republican, in every election he's been in...of course he is also a friend of the family.)
Old 07-03-2004, 05:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I tend to not vote for two reasons...

A. I do not feel I should have to choose between the lesser of two evils...give me a good canidate and I'll be first in line to vote. (And yes I DO have a right to complain if I don't vote, because like I said, I want a DECENT canidate, NOT the lesser of 2 evils)

B. I only have one major issue that I would vote on and that places me toward one side, but I have issues with some of their other policies, so I wouldn't vote that way either. Basically, I think the two major parties have values/policies that I think are inconsistant with eachother and only that way because they want to be opposite of what the other party is.

And because this thread is what it is....if I had a gun to my head and had to vote (how American) I'd vote Republican.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thermobryan
Old 07-12-2004, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

that last one looks like Arm n' Hammer.

conservative republican
Old 07-14-2004, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Registered Republican and have voted republican in the 2 elections I could vote in. I will be voting Democrat this coming vote though.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaFrog
I tend to not vote for two reasons...

A. I do not feel I should have to choose between the lesser of two evils...give me a good canidate and I'll be first in line to vote. (And yes I DO have a right to complain if I don't vote, because like I said, I want a DECENT canidate, NOT the lesser of 2 evils)

B. I only have one major issue that I would vote on and that places me toward one side, but I have issues with some of their other policies, so I wouldn't vote that way either. Basically, I think the two major parties have values/policies that I think are inconsistant with eachother and only that way because they want to be opposite of what the other party is.

And because this thread is what it is....if I had a gun to my head and had to vote (how American) I'd vote Republican.

Look into declining your vote on election day.
It's the political way to say "No, thanks".
Old 07-14-2004, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
lol, I heard the last bit of something on NPR about an upcoming show that said something like "Volvo driving, left-wing freak show." Yes, yes, and yes.
Got my Kerry sticker on my Volvo already
-Maggie
Old 07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
NickLc24

I'm very conservative but I vote for the man or woman who can get the job done. Let's just say, Powell is my kind of guy.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SSmith15
Socially and fiscally conservative. Part of what others love to call "the Religious Right." I am very involved with the Republican Party here in my city, and work on many campaigns. I have interned for State House Representatives and hope to go into politics someday. The goal is to work in legislation.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by piphimaggie
lol, I heard the last bit of something on NPR about an upcoming show that said something like "Volvo driving, left-wing freak show." Yes, yes, and yes.
Got my Kerry sticker on my Volvo already
-Maggie
I am the same! As soon as I got my new Lexus I put a Kerry Edwards sticker on it, which my best guy friend said ruined the car. But he's also a Republican so of course he's going to say that.

/hijack
Old 08-21-2004, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Libertarian

Socially moderate, fiscally conservative. Registered republican. Voting republican in November.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Registered Rep.. Was Reg. Dem. Told Me how to vote. Walked out of the booth asap.

Voting for Hopefully The Best person qual-ified

Remember, dirty Polotics is becoming the Promonite world!

Millions of Dollars is being spent to get an underpaying job, Why?

Know any poor Poloticians? Maybe before they get in, but not when they leave.

Funny Note, Ted Kennedy could not get on airplane to go to Boston from DC, or back from Boston to DC as suspect terriost.

To damn funny!

He is a dick anyway. !

Sponge on society tax money!

Remember Chap, and Mary Jo!

He got His Money The Old Fashioned Way, His Daddy Joe was a Boot legger of Scotch Whiskey from Europe, Brand of one was White Horse. No damn better than Alphonse Capone from Whjiskey From Canada! Brofhmans of Canadian Club Fame!

His Daddy Joe Was Embsassador Of King James Court, Bowed to Hitler before WW II!

History gets awashed over the years!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 08-23-2004 at 05:45 PM.