GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,488
1 members and 1,487 guests
Xidelt

Old 04-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilance1922
Doesn't matter if she had sex with every man in NC before that night.

If she doesn't give consent, its rape. I don't understand why that's so hard to figure out. So what if she consented to things before...she has the right to NOT consent, and if sexual contact occurs after that then its rape.
Well consent or no consent there's no semen, latex, or lube and they didn't find DNA on other parts of her body that matched theirs.

So I'd like to know why that didn't show up on the girl?

-Rudey
Old 04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch2tf
And again you missed the point/refused to see it because you don't happen to agree. If you honestly believe that everyone who receives a fair trial in this country then you are obviosly a lot me dense than even I thought you were.
And not the claim in this thread was not be made just against the LAX, you yourself have come out and said that the girl was lying-without proof to the nature of the claim. So I am not off target...but since you are let me clarify what I said in my previous post...

If one is to follow your previous statements about being innocent until proven guilty, then there is not need/justification for you claiming that the girl is lying because you cannot prove her guilt on that matter either.
You are calling me dense? Are you kidding me?

THE CLAIM IS BY THE DA AGAINST THESE KIDS.

Seriously you are mung. I can't believe how mung you are but you are damn mung.

-Rudey
Old 04-11-2006, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Well consent or no consent there's no semen, latex, or lube and they didn't find DNA on other parts of her body that matched theirs.

So I'd like to know why that didn't show up on the girl?

-Rudey
That you know of. Just like you claim that this woman is lying, the media could be lying too.

Just because the DNA didn't match a player, doesn't mean that she wasn't raped by a friend of a player that was at the party.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilance1922
That you know of. Just like you claim that this woman is lying, the media could be lying too.

Just because the DNA didn't match a player, doesn't mean that she wasn't raped by a friend of a player that was at the party.
Well that's why I'm asking. They said they didn't find any semen, latex, or lube residue. That's what I don't get.

-Rudey
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

No they wont.

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
I often wonder what happened to "innocent until proven guilty" in cases like this. No matter what happens, these guys will be labeled rapists for the rest of their life.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey you know what, I think she is a dumb bitch crackhead stripper. I think she should rot in a gutter. She lied, tried to play the race card because it was a bunch of white guys (not trying to be racist, but its pretty evident), and she ruined or significantly changed the lives of a bunch of kids and one of the best lacrosse coaches in the country. She probobly is a prostitute. Just assuming. From watching the news they made it sound like her puss was beat up like a used catcher's mit....which only helped to add to her bullshit rape accusations.

Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred
Here we go with names again. First Limbaugh then macallan25 and now you. Stop it already! Just because she is a stripper does NOT mean she is a prostitute or a crackhead or ho or anything else like that. Now if she happens to be and those facts are proven, then fine but don't make assumptions because if you want to stick to the facts, then stick to them all the way not just when its convenient.

BTW, neither side has unlimited credibility.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

What's the point of a bunch of people who have no idea what if any evidence will be presented at a trial that may or may not occur arguing about guilt/innocence/truth/lies on a message board?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
What's the point of a bunch of people who have no idea what if any evidence will be presented at a trial that may or may not occur arguing about guilt/innocence/truth/lies on a message board?
I guess so at the end of the trial, one half can say NAH-NAH I was right, and the other half can continue to argue pointlessly about how the jury was stacked/paid off/etc, and it really should have gone the other way.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

I find it kind of funny that the African American 75% of the board or whatever is backing the stripper claiming there could be still evidence to convict these white devils, whereas the white quarter is pointing out that there isn't any evidence. Whatever. I guess the divide still exists. Fine with me.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ilikehazing
I find it kind of funny that the African American 75% of the board or whatever is backing the stripper claiming there could be still evidence to convict these white devils, whereas the white quarter is pointing out that there isn't any evidence. Whatever. I guess the divide still exists. Fine with me.

The racial and class divide in this country still exists but that's obvious before this Duke case even came about.

I don't recall anyone in this thread saying anything about white devils. That must be a personal insecurity that you have. If people did mention white devils, those people are IDIOTS.

Have you ever thought that a large percentage of the people you OBSERVE backing the exotic dancer are backing her because of what they know about rape and sexual assault and NOT because she's a black woman who was allegedly victimized by a group of white men? This issue should really be about gender and how rape allegations are viewed, which is why there have been Taking Back the Night Rallies and gendered protests regarding this incident. It is interesting that some people who would NORMALLY be fighting for the rights of rape victims have suddenly started crying for hardfast evidence before voicing an opinion. When you add race to the mix, gender advocates suddenly sing a different tune.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Don't people normally discuss/debate social issue in real life and on these message boards?

The only problem I have is with idiots on both sides of the issue. However, people who can intelligently discuss what we DO know about the case should do so.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

IF the guys didn't ejaculate (or Preejaculate) then there would not be any DNA. Is that correct? Also what if it was someone outside the team that attached her, she wouldn't know who was who. i am not saying what happened because I wasn't there. But I think that people tend not to even give someone a chance just because they are strippers or have had many partners, and that is not fair.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
Don't people normally discuss/debate social issue in real life and on these message boards?

The only problem I have is with idiots on both sides of the issue. However, people who can intelligently discuss what we DO know about the case should do so.
I agree -- although I would say that the guilt, innocence, or truthfulness of anybody involved in the incident being discussed here is an evidentiary rather than a social issue. Anybody who was not there or is not involved with the case is not qualified to draw conclusions with respect to said guilt, innocence, or truthfulness.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I agree -- although I would say that the guilt, innocence, or truthfulness of anybody involved in the incident being discussed here is an evidentiary rather than a social issue. Anybody who was not there or is not involved with the case is not qualified to draw conclusions with respect to said guilt, innocence, or truthfulness.
I see much of the discussion of this social issue is about what is embedded in the case and not the case itself.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

As a female Duke alum I am very torn on this issue.

On the one hand I hope that no one I went to school with would ever do such a thing. On the other, I hope no woman would ever make something like this up.

I would like to mention that at Duke it is (or was when I was there) usual for fraternities and sports teams to hire strippers. I'm not sure if this was against any policies, but it certainly didn't seem that anyone was aware policies were being violated. Is this sort of thing less common at other schools?