Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,303
2 members and 1,301 guests
John

Old 03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
Qualifier: The posters aren't all Deltas.
I didn't specify deltas, only the thread in the DST forum. PLUS, the conversation between Marquise and I dealt with...oh nevermind!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
I didn't specify Deltas, only the thread in the DST forum. PLUS, the conversation between Marquise and I dealt with...oh nevermind!
Well excuse me. When he said y'all be online more that any other of the D9 I mistakenly assumed he meant the members of AKA. So I was just pointing out that the thread didn't qualify in that regard, because not all of the posters were members of DST.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Maaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrquisssssssssssssssssseee ,

Ohhhh Marquise1911! We have business to take care of.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I didn't specify deltas, only the thread in the DST forum. PLUS, the conversation between Marquise and I dealt with...oh nevermind!
Delta is a proper noun, when referring to members of Delta Sigma Theta, or the organization itself. Please govern your posts accordingly.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Aw, heck naw!

Quote:
Originally posted by Boom_Quack13
Delta is a proper noun, when referring to members of Delta Sigma Theta, or the organization itself. Please govern your posts accordingly.

Dang 2D, you just gonna let her regulate on you like that? Her real name must be Humphrey, 'cause she done pulled a serious Bogart move on you. *LOL* OMG, I don't believe it.

Well, here's looking at you, kid.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Stop instigating for attention, RM. Actually, my time on the internet for the day was over. I can't stay online ALL DAY or ALL NIGHT....only in SPURTS! GEESH!

Thanks BoomQuack for the "lesson". I still was speaking to Marquise sooooooooo... thanks for the technicality, although unsolicited.

See, that is when PMs or emails are warranted. Marquise, they are not only to gossip, but to add information (your 2 cents) when you are NOT in the conversation.

I see what Teena and 'nem were talking about!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Stop instigating for attention, RM. Actually, my time on the internet for the day was over. I can't stay online ALL DAY or ALL NIGHT....only in SPURTS! GEESH!

Thanks BoomQuack for the "lesson". I still was speaking to Marquise sooooooooo... thanks for the technicality, although unsolicited.

See, that is when PMs or emails are warranted. Marquise, they are not only to gossip, but to add information (your 2 cents) when you are NOT in the conversation.

I see what Teena and 'nem were talking about!
It was highly warranted, regardless of who you were speaking to. You were speaking about MY sisterhood. Considering your time in AKA, if the '91 indicates your pledge year, and the posts I have seen from you in the past, you know better. So I do expect you to do better.

I am certain that you would have been the first one to give a 'lesson' had one of your Sistergreeks spelled AKA with all lowercased letters.

I'm glad you "see what Teena and 'nem were talking about." I hope you also noticed, as "Teena and 'nem" did, that I am not going to let mess like this slide, without it being called to the floor.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Lower Case

Nooooooo. Actually, I have NOT mentioned anythig to anyone about posting aka or alpha kappa alpha in lower case. I've noticed a few of your sorors and other greeks do it in regards to the sorority and other groups here on GC, but that's them. I know my organization to be so much more than that or what anyone writes about it. So, that doesn't bother me. Naaaaaa! I'm not bothered. If I do it again...I do it. Nothing will be done!

Hopefully, in the next 12 or so years (not quite 13), when you have as much experience as I in greekdom, you should see that especially ON A MESSAGEBOARD, capitalization of letters isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully, your organizationwill mean so much more. Then again, it probably will still be a big deal for you.

You will continue this rant alone, unless someone else decides to chime in.

I apologize N4L. The thread has taken a turn.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
*chuckles and SMH* Funny stuff indeed.

Oh well, back to the Oscars. Who's gonna get the title to what particular honor?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Lower Case

Quote:
Nooooooo. Actually, I have NOT mentioned anythig to anyone about posting aka or alpha kappa alpha in lower case. I've noticed a few of your sorors and other greeks do it in regards to the sorority and other groups here on GC, but that's them. I know my organization to be so much more than that or what anyone writes about it. So, that doesn't bother me. Naaaaaa! I'm not bothered. If I do it again...I do it. Nothing will be done!

Hopefully, in the next 12 or so years (not quite 13), when you have as much experience as I in greekdom, you should see that especially ON A MESSAGEBOARD, capitalization of letters isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully, your organizationwill mean so much more. Then again, it probably will still be a big deal for you.

You will continue this rant alone, unless someone else decides to chime in.

I apologize N4L. The thread has taken a turn.
Your typing Delta in lowercase does not change my views or love for Delta. However, I chose to call you on it, because I don't like when people try to be coy and subtle in their attempts to clown.

Hopefully in the next 12 or so years (not quite 13), when I have as much experience as you in Greekdom, I should see that especially ON A MESSAGEBOARD, subtle attempts at clowning are small-minded and childish.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Maaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrquisssssssssssssssssseee ,

Ohhhh Marquise1911! We have business to take care of.

Quote:
Originally posted by marquise1911
(y'all be online more than any of the D9).
I must agree with AKA2D'91. When I made that comment it was because the AKA Forum seems to be where the majority of people stop through on their GC visit and posted. Notice I said "seems".

Now as for the stats given about the Delta Forum. WOW! AKA2D'91 if what you said is true you win!

But AKA's (I hope I capitalized right ) are online more that any other organziation I encountered.

*Qualifiers*
Number of Post and Threads
Most replies to a thread within that particular forum.

So if y'all know something I don't, let me know! I just made the nominations and that was only my vote. Carry on!
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 03-15-2006, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Lower Case

Quote:
Originally posted by Boom_Quack13
Your typing Delta in lowercase does not change my views or love for Delta. However, I chose to call you on it, because I don't like when people try to be coy and subtle in their attempts to clown.

Hopefully in the next 12 or so years (not quite 13), when I have as much experience as you in Greekdom, I should see that especially ON A MESSAGEBOARD, subtle attempts at clowning are small-minded and childish.
It looks like- to me- that you are looking for something that is not there. In this thread she capitalized DST everywhere else. Could it have been an honest mistake?

Have you ever seen the people who see injustice everywhere they turn? "Why is the brown rice shelved below the white rice? Its a conspiracy to keep people of color down". This is what this looks like to me.

So far as....

Quote:
I'm glad you "see what Teena and 'nem were talking about." I hope you also noticed, as "Teena and 'nem" did, that I am not going to let mess like this slide, without it being called to the floor.
You are definately right about that one. Teena knows that you will call it to the floor. But is it really that deep?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OhioCentaur Send a message via Yahoo to OhioCentaur
LADIES These are the OSCARS not the SOURCE awards... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyeeeah! So we need to keep it Suave and Regal and lets love not fight!

What?! Yeah! O K K K~!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioCentaur
LADIES These are the OSCARS not the SOURCE awards... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyeeeah! So we need to keep it Suave and Regal and lets love not fight!

What?! Yeah! O K K K~!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Daymn!!!!

Ok everyone. The category for Best GC Feud is closed! Y'all don't need to display how well y'all qualify for that one. LOL!!!

Let's start seeing some votes and stuff!

I love My...KAY
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate