GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,341
2 members and 1,339 guests
LaneSig, Mooch279

Old 08-05-2024, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
That doesn’t mean anything. How do you figure?

@ Shelly being my ex, Lol very funny.
While he still a little time left in office, he could have pardoned some of the ones that had been sentenced. He didn’t. After that, during his legal issues, when he tried calling for more violence from his supporters, the numbers that came out were low.

For real tho, I thought there was a possibility it was your girl. You did say she asked you back. Y’all at least still talk as friends?
Old 08-05-2024, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
So, it looks like ATL Guy probably isn't going to happen. But I've been talking with the TKE I went with in college on the phone. I rented a place on Lake Michigan for Labor Day so I may end up seeing him then. We'll see.
Why aren’t you going to be able to meet up with ATL Guy?

That’s great news about TKE! I’m so excited for you, Dee! I can’t remember if you said he lives on Michigan or not. So, I’m assuming he knows you’ll be there? He better show up, lol.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-05-2024, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmfao!! I hollered! You gagged and didn’t smell him yourself. CG, you better eat Lol. Around all those foul smelling animals all day, 5 days a week, and you can eat with no thought. But you won’t eat from a foul description of Trump BO. That’s what I don’t understand. Lmao!
Animals are perfect. My stomach can’t handle humans. No way! Uh uh!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-05-2024, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Why aren’t you going to be able to meet up with ATL Guy?

That’s great news about TKE! I’m so excited for you, Dee! I can’t remember if you said he lives on Michigan or not. So, I’m assuming he knows you’ll be there? He better show up, lol.
The ATL Guy story is so long- but, although I would be thrilled if it could work out, I don't think it's in the cards. I don't even remember how much I told y'all so I don't know where to pick up the story, but it's a lot. I will always believe that he's my soulmate, but I don't know that we're meant to be together in this lifetime. One of my favorite sayings is "Hope is not a strategy" so I need to listen to that right now and move on, with the belief that if we're meant to be, we will be.

TKE guy lives on the west side of the state, not too far from my son. In fact, he lives in the town where my future daughter in law went to high school. We talked on the phone Friday night and texted some yesterday. I haven't mentioned that I'm going to be in Saugatuck yet on Labor Day weekend yet. I don't even know if he's available that weekend. But we're talking and getting reacquainted.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
For real tho, I thought there was a possibility it was your girl. You did say she asked you back. Y’all at least still talk as friends?
I think Phroze took her back and isn’t sharing with us that he did.
Old 08-06-2024, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The ATL Guy story is so long- but, although I would be thrilled if it could work out, I don't think it's in the cards. I don't even remember how much I told y'all so I don't know where to pick up the story, but it's a lot. I will always believe that he's my soulmate, but I don't know that we're meant to be together in this lifetime. One of my favorite sayings is "Hope is not a strategy" so I need to listen to that right now and move on, with the belief that if we're meant to be, we will be.

TKE guy lives on the west side of the state, not too far from my son. In fact, he lives in the town where my future daughter in law went to high school. We talked on the phone Friday night and texted some yesterday. I haven't mentioned that I'm going to be in Saugatuck yet on Labor Day weekend yet. I don't even know if he's available that weekend. But we're talking and getting reacquainted.
I’m sorry about ATL Guy, Dee. I wish the two of you could be together like you want. I don’t think I’ve ever believed in the soulmate thing, like a lot people do, but I do believe in the timing of things.

That’s great that you and TKE Guy are getting reacquainted. Are you eventually going to tell him you’re going to be in his neck of the woods? I’ll bet he’ll make himself available once he finds out you’ll be there.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-06-2024, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I’m getting weird symbols mixed in with my words after I post.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-06-2024, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
While he still a little time left in office, he could have pardoned some of the ones that had been sentenced. He didn’t. After that, during his legal issues, when he tried calling for more violence from his supporters, the numbers that came out were low.

Yeah, we still talk on occasion.
Quote:

Which one recently got divorced? Or going through a divorce? I remember that being the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Dude, you must be crazy. I’d never get back with her.

Quote:
I’m sorry about ATL Guy, Dee. I wish the two of you could be together like you want. I don’t think I’ve ever believed in the soulmate thing, like a lot people do, but I do believe in the timing of things.

That’s great that you and TKE Guy are getting reacquainted. Are you eventually going to tell him you’re going to be in his neck of the woods? I’ll bet he’ll make himself available once he finds out you’ll be there.
Why don’t you believe in soulmates? You and Mr. CG aren’t soulmates?
Old 08-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
WIFLSRN: I’m getting weird symbols mixed in with my words after I post.
Sounds like a character set issue. Maybe you posted a unicode character & I believe this forum software uses latin-1. Could be something like that. We'll be using unicode charset once GC is on different forum software.

If you still see the symbols anywhere, please link to the post so I can take a look.
Coffee Time!
Old 08-06-2024, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, CG will be happy. Harris picked the governor of Minnesota as her running mate. I’m wondering why she picked him.
Old 08-06-2024, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Minnesota Nice, that's why

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-06-2024, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Yeah, he'd never be able to tell us if that happened!

Quote:

I don't believe in soulmates the way some do. I do believe that our spirits exist before we come to earth and continue to exist after we physically leave this earth. I believe that sometimes we run into people whose spirits we've known before and will always know. That's what I consider a soulmate. I have met people who I instantly feel comfortable with in work situations, as friends, in romantic situations. I don't think there's a "the one" as in, no other person could work out for them.

I did tell TKE Guy that I'm planning to move to that side of the state when I can make it work with my job (current job or new job- if I can find something fully remote). So he knows.

Quote:
Which one recently got divorced? Or going through a divorce? I remember that being the issue.
It's ATL Guy and they are not yet divorced and neither has filed for divorce yet. She was gone on a trip for 6 months and ... it's such a long story. She's back now and they are either going to settle for what sounds like a miserable marriage or they are going to get divorced but until someone actually files, I won't believe it, I won't see it, and I will not be involved in any way. They have to figure it out and I'm not going to be part of that equation. Some days I'm pretty sure their marriage will end. Other days I think they are just going to live their miserable existence because it's a hassle to get divorced. Right now, it sounds like they are just living separate lives within the same household. That wouldn't be good enough for me in a marriage, but they could choose that life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Minnesota Nice, that's why
Love that. I was kind of hoping for Kelly to help secure Arizona, but I like Walz.
Old 08-06-2024, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Why don’t you believe in soulmates? You and Mr. CG aren’t soulmates?
I didn’t mean it that way. I mean, we all choose a partner for different reasons? I just think that when relationships become hard for some people, a lot of those people who believe in soulmates can become convinced that they simply picked the wrong person and need to start over with someone else. And then the cycle starts all over again with that person. And then, that one doesn’t work out either. Then they’ll go.. “This is The One!”.. when they’ve just met them. Then they end up together, live together, all hell breaks loose, then it starts over with the next “soulmate”. That’s all I was saying.

Nah. I don’t believe my husband and I are soulmates, I’d say we’re more equally yoked, if anything. When I was dating, before I met him, I never looked for a soulmate in a guy. I looked for leadership. I wanted someone I could trust to make wise decisions. Someone who also had an intimate relationship with and a personal knowledge of God. I don’t think any of us get it right the first time. I most certainly didn’t. But, after a few jerks, I didn’t really know what I wanted, but I knew what I didn’t want. That’s when I realized that God is much more concerned with whether or not the relationship glorifies Him than with who specifically is in the relationship.

I think it’s important to know that when you marry, you also marry that person’s family. That’s why I don’t believe in soulmates or in “The One”. I believe in being equally yoked, because being equally yoked is much deeper than a soulmate, because there is so much more involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Sounds like a character set issue. Maybe you posted a unicode character & I believe this forum software uses latin-1. Could be something like that. We'll be using unicode charset once GC is on different forum software.

If you still see the symbols anywhere, please link to the post so I can take a look.
So, it’s happened like whenever make an edit or when it times out, and I have to sign back in. All of my apostrophes have like a large, weird looking “A” between the apostrophe and the letter. If I post and make an edit again, I’ll just leave so you can see it.

Thanks, John. YouÂ’re the best!

Quote:
Well, CG will be happy. Harris picked the governor of Minnesota as her running mate. I’m wondering why she picked him.
Yes! I am elated! IsnÂ’t this a pleasant surprise?! Minnesota is on the ticket. My state. The state I was born and raised in! I am SO excited for the two of them. They are going to be very strong together.

I think she chose him because he seems like the best one. Military experience, congressional experience and successful governor. Plus, he's been a teacher and he is super funny, lol.

VP Kamala Harris is going to build the Walz, and she is going to make Donald Trump pay for it.

Quote:
I don't believe in soulmates the way some do. I do believe that our spirits exist before we come to earth and continue to exist after we physically leave this earth. I believe that sometimes we run into people whose spirits we've known before and will always know. That's what I consider a soulmate. I have met people who I instantly feel comfortable with in work situations, as friends, in romantic situations. I don't think there's a "the one" as in, no other person could work out for them.

I did tell TKE Guy that I'm planning to move to that side of the state when I can make it work with my job (current job or new job- if I can find something fully remote). So he knows.
lol
Omg, yes! So many people use the words “the one”. Yeah, I didn’t really mean it like that. I meant with you and ATL Guy, it just seems more like the timing? Know what I mean? I mean, that’s gotta fall in line, because sometimes you can meet the right guy at the wrong time.

Yeah, I think we all have different reasons for who we connect with and why we connect with that person. I donÂ’t think any one of those reasons is wrong. It really just depends on the couple.

Ohhh, thatÂ’s wonderful news, Dee! If you move to the other side of the state, thatÂ’s like a win win. Maybe TKE Guy is your soulmate after all.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 08-06-2024 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2024, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

See what I mean, John? I started cleaning some of it up but realized I totally forgot that fast that I was going to leave it for you to see, lol. It even sometimes changes the posts from the people I quoted with a response. It’s like it times out, and then it will ask me to sign in, and that’s when all the weird words show up with that “A” randomly inserted in my words.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-07-2024, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, he'd never be able to tell us if that happened!
Lol it won’t happen because I like my freedom.

Quote:
It's ATL Guy and they are not yet divorced and neither has filed for divorce yet. She was gone on a trip for 6 months and ... it's such a long story. She's back now and they are either going to settle for what sounds like a miserable marriage or they are going to get divorced but until someone actually files, I won't believe it, I won't see it, and I will not be involved in any way. They have to figure it out and I'm not going to be part of that equation. Some days I'm pretty sure their marriage will end. Other days I think they are just going to live their miserable existence because it's a hassle to get divorced. Right now, it sounds like they are just living separate lives within the same household. That wouldn't be good enough for me in a marriage, but they could choose that life.
Wow! That would suck to just settle up with somebody you are no longer in love with. Do y’all still talk on the phone? That’s what I remember. I remember that y’all have long conversations on the phone. I’m assuming he’s giving you updates on his situation?

People who are in happy marriages have to really be in love with each other because I have too many frat brothers and friends of mine who are either divorced or going through one. I’d hate to be them. I have a friend who’s going through a divorce who stopped having sex with his wife because he doesn’t want any kids with her because she’s crazy.

I’m glad my girl bounced. I love my freedom.

Quote:
I didn’t mean it that way. I mean, we all choose a partner for different reasons? I just think that when relationships become hard for some people, a lot of those people who believe in soulmates can become convinced that they simply picked the wrong person and need to start over with someone else. And then the cycle starts all over again with that person. And then, that one doesn’t work out either. Then they’ll go.. “This is The One!”.. when they’ve just met them. Then they end up together, live together, all hell breaks loose, then it starts over with the next “soulmate”. That’s all I was saying.

Nah. I don’t believe my husband and I are soulmates, I’d say we’re more equally yoked, if anything. When I was dating, before I met him, I never looked for a soulmate in a guy. I looked for leadership. I wanted someone I could trust to make wise decisions. Someone who also had an intimate relationship with and a personal knowledge of God. I don’t think any of us get it right the first time. I most certainly didn’t. But, after a few jerks, I didn’t really know what I wanted, but I knew what I didn’t want. That’s when I realized that God is much more concerned with whether or not the relationship glorifies Him than with who specifically is in the relationship.

I think it’s important to know that when you marry, you also marry that person’s family. That’s why I don’t believe in soulmates or in “The One”. I believe in being equally yoked, because being equally yoked is much deeper than a soulmate, because there is so much more involved.
Lol for a minute I felt you were indirectly talking about me.

You nailed it with being married to the family. Marrying somebody with an effed up family has a profound effect on the outcome of the marriage. That’s the worst.

Question though. What if while you were in the dating pool, could you be “equally yoked” with an ugly dude?

Quote:
Yes! I am elated! IsnÂ’t this a pleasant surprise?! Minnesota is on the ticket. My state. The state I was born and raised in! I am SO excited for the two of them. They are going to be very strong together.

I think she chose him because he seems like the best one. Military experience, congressional experience and successful governor. Plus, he's been a teacher and he is super funny, lol.

VP Kamala Harris is going to build the Walz, and she is going to make Donald Trump pay for it.
I’m surprised you didn’t want her to pick the astronaut. I didn’t think she’d pick Walz, to be honest with you.