GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,452
6 members and 1,446 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
You suck for not using text coloring to give us a hint.
I know.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Buttonz,
Here's another take on this. Calling the orgs HQ might get the whole chapter in trouble. It is quite possible that the members knew of her previous affilitation and decided to ignore it.
Being from Buttonz's campus I would guess they did not know. The NPHC chapters don't interact much with the Inter-Greek Council. Some groups are technically members and may have a table at Greek Rush but I get the impression most NPHC members on our campus are initiated through borough-wide or citywide chapters. Most of the IGC members don't know the NPHC members and vice versa.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPhiSierra View Post
Being from Buttonz's campus I would guess they did not know. The NPHC chapters don't interact much with the Inter-Greek Council. Some groups are technically members and may have a table at Greek Rush but I get the impression most NPHC members on our campus are initiated through borough-wide or citywide chapters. Most of the IGC members don't know the NPHC members and vice versa.
That makes sense. I hope people don't go on a mission looking for the SDT now turned XYZ from Brooklyn College.

"Big up Brooklyn!!"
Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChiOhSnap View Post
I don't see how this situation is any different than if this woman had joined another NPC versus an NPHC. I don't see it as a racial issue at all, I see it as an issue of a woman who knowingly deceived two groups that either frown upon or outrightly ban dual membership.

If the members in her new org knew of her previous affiliation and igonored it, that's for their HQs to handle and if they get in trouble then oh well. It's not buttonz' problem that they broke the rules. I would be happy if I were in that org and somebody notified me about someone's membership in an NPC org, as it would allow me to weed out a member that had been potentially deceitful.
You may not considered it a racial issue, but other may especially if the chapter finds out that Buttonz made the call. And let's not be naive here. If that chapter is disciplined, those ladies are not going to be happy campers anyway. So don't add more fuel to the fire by having a NPC member being the one to contact HQ.

And notice I didn't say HQ should not be contacted. But only a member of DST would know the protocol for making that contact. In reality the call would not go directly to HQ.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPhiSierra View Post
It's not a matter of the groups interacting or not. She may have been up front and told the chapter. Or someone else may have. The school doesn't exist in total isolation. And situations like this tend to come to light just as it did on this message board.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

My sorors,
Did any of you get the PM? PM me and let me know. j/k
Old 11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's not a matter of the groups interacting or not. She may have been up front and told the chapter. Or someone else may have. The school doesn't exist in total isolation. And situations like this tend to come to light just as it did on this message board.

Hey there.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My sorors,
Did any of you get the PM? PM me and let me know. j/k
LOL. I was trying to not do any investigative reporting up in here.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
It was a city wide chapter, this I am 99% sure of by now. And like Sierra said, there is little to no interaction between the NPCs and NPHCs which is why I can see someone being able to pull off something like this without being honest about it even if it wasn't a city wide chapter.

I am hoping that this situation will be taken care of ASAP and with very little to know problems.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 11-09-2006, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

In my opinion no NPHC would be so desperate for this girl to be a member that they just ignored her previous affiliation with another sorority. I dont care what her reasons were what she did was wrong and she is being very deceptive.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
That makes sense. I hope people don't go on a mission looking for the SDT now turned XYZ from Brooklyn College.

"Big up Brooklyn!!"

LMAAAO

It's a jungle out there.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by priss22 View Post
In my opinion no NPHC would be so desperate for this girl to be a member that they just ignored her previous affiliation with another sorority. I dont care what her reasons were what she did was wrong and she is being very deceptive.
Is it a matter of desperation or the fact that it was a NPC sorority and not a NPHC sorority? Not to offend anyone, but imo it would not have happened if she had been in another NPHC sorority.

And she would have been deceptive only if they did not know her affiliation. And that is a piece of information we are missing.

Also another thing to look at. For most of us, selection is partially based on knowing the individual and them having a letter of recommendation from a member of the org. My bet is at least some of the chapter members would have known this young lady for more then the month or two after her former sorority closed. And lastly, are there any other members of that sorority or any other NPHC members that attend the school? If so, we do talk among ourselves.

Last edited by ladygreek; 11-09-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
I took eveyone's advice and PMed a member of XYZ.

Thank you!