Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,315
1 members and 1,314 guests
IllyPolly

Old 09-18-2004, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
update

I'm just wrapping up the first month of the NuvaRing, and for the most part it was okay (though I was psycho like I always am the first month of a new method). This week is my period and it's quite a bit longer and heavier than usual. I had a really bad headache the first day, and I also had some unusual cramping one day, which kind of freaked me out. I'm going to see if next month is better. If it's not, then I'll probably go back on OTC-Lo.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
OK, so I'm officially going off the pill starting this week. Is there anything weird I can expect except for the obvious heavier periods, potential more PMS/cramps, etc? I've been on for 2+ years so it's been a while.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
OK, so I'm officially going off the pill starting this week. Is there anything weird I can expect except for the obvious heavier periods, potential more PMS/cramps, etc? I've been on for 2+ years so it's been a while.
I just got off for a month, and I felt a lot of weirdness in my lower back right about 2 weeks after my pill period ended. When I talked to my doctor about it, she said I had probably felt the effects associated w/ ovulation. After 3 years or so, I guess I forgot how it felt.

Oh, and your sex drive might increase, but that might take a month or so to really kick in.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Queencece
HELP!!!!

I am not on any birth control right now, but I have taken Allese which didn't agree with my body at all. I have tried the patch and that didn't agree with my body. I have tried Lunelle (shot) and that made me gain weight so obviously that didn't agree with my body. My Dr and I have come to the conclusion that any hormones added to what I have already will be a DANGEROUS combination. When I say don't agree, I mean I would be sick for days like I have the stomach virus or food poisoning REALLY bad. It would last for DAYS!!

Now, I am in a new relationship and we were wondering with the use of condoms (of course) would spermicide be a good idea? I have never used it myself. I don't even know what brands are out there and how effective it is? Can anyone shed some light on the use of spermicides? Has anyone every used it before and how does it work? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Q
Old 09-23-2004, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
spermicide would be a good idea i think. you can use the condoms that have spermicide in them along with a spermicide foam. try it and see how your body (bodies, both you and your partner) take it and go from there. you may discover you or your partner are allergic to it, but try.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 10-01-2004, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Most BC inserts say that if you are over a certain weight, the contraceptive effectiveness will decrease. I actually READ the itty bitty print on my last pill pack. I took the pill to control cramping while in HS. I did condoms for a few years while in college. Had a kid, did the pills for about 6 months after I stopped nursing. Tried the patch, and other than some dryness when I had it on my arm, I loved it. What is the adhesive they use on that thing? DAMN, it hurt to take it off. My sorority sister recommended Instead, but Im kinda leery about insertion (I hate tampons, too). Don't wanna do the shot (friend gained 35 pounds with it), so that leaves the pill, Seasonale or the patch.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

What about an IUD? I'd almost try one, but I'm afraid of the procedure.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I really want to get one. I've asked doctors, but they think that I'm going to be all irresponsible with it.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

seaonale isn't all it's cracked up to be. i've been having breakthrough bleeding consistantly for the last month and i'm really tired of it. i've also been having cramping. i called my doctor to make sure this was normal and evidently it is. she said it takes the first three months (aka first pack) to get into your system and that in the next pack or next three months it shoudl subside.
all i know is i'm getting tired of this crap.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 10-20-2004, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I was on OTC for quite a few years, switched to OTC Lo in the spring b/c it was cheaper. Had more mood swings, some spotting, etc. Switched back to OTC now.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alphaiota
seaonale isn't all it's cracked up to be. i've been having breakthrough bleeding consistantly for the last month and i'm really tired of it. i've also been having cramping. i called my doctor to make sure this was normal and evidently it is. she said it takes the first three months (aka first pack) to get into your system and that in the next pack or next three months it shoudl subside.
all i know is i'm getting tired of this crap.

shelley j
sigma k
Depo pavera is the same way. After the first cycle (3 months) depo was great. The first one sucks though.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

yeah, i'm getting to the end of my first three months and the breakthrough bleeding has started to stop. i get random times where i'll have a quick spell of bleeding, but then it stops and i'm fine for like 24hrs or so. just weirdness, but i'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
I'm now on Month Three of the NuvaRing and am pleased to report that all the weirdness has cleared up. I would definitely recommend it to others. You just put it in and forget about it. It's more effective than pills because the chance of human error is so low.
Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I'm told that the procedure's not that bad. If you request it, most places will sedate you for it.

Last edited by KappaKittyCat; 10-22-2004 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to omegamcgee
I use birth control, and I use a backup when it's with some random person. But in all my monogamous relationships, I didn't. It's more a "I don't wanna catch anything" thing than a pregnancy one. I'm super careful about my pills, and (knock on wood) nothing has happened yet.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

So I take it you're not very concerned about HPV.