GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,387
0 members and 1,387 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
Agreed, but I can totally see what Natalie was pissed. She has received very good comments from the judges each week and I don't think she was ever in the bottom. Her attitude sucked though.
Oh that attitude DEFINITELY needed to go. And when they showed all of her pictures back to back she definitely had the same face in each for the most part but so did Aminat!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
So Allison's been my fav since the beginning and for weeks I just watch and wait for Tyra to send her home... SO glad she's getting better and had a top week this go round. I'd really like to see her in the finals.

Aminat can go next as far as I'm concerned.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Allison's my favorite too!!! She's so interesting and seems like a nice girl to boot! That nose bleed thing was a bit weird but I'm willing to overlook it... I'm just glad Sandra got eliminated, I cheered when that happened!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I really liked Fo and I'm kind of bummed she left. I was rooting for Aminat to go home...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Ok, I just finished watching (yay DVR).

First off all, I think I said it once but I'll say it again...

THIS IS THE WORST CYCLE EVER!!!! I'm sorry but I don't think any of the remaining girls are that pretty. I know, I know, Tyra, there's "more to modeling than pretty" but really?

I really didn't like anyone throughout the season, but if I had to pick it WAS Fo...

I guess if I had to pick a new favorite it would be Aminat. I don't really think she has that pretty of a face and I can't stand when she opens her mouth to talk, but she's got an INSANE body, great walk, and I LOOOOOOVE her skin tone.

Allison is my next pick. At first I didn't like her cause the producers made her the token oddball. (You know, there's always a weirdo, always a plus size, always someone who was some kind of victim)...and I HATE when shows do that. But now that they've stopped that, and we got to see what she's really like besides her quirks, I like her personality. She has good pics, but definite just needs more confidence, and just a little bit more versatility.

Then I'd pick Celia. I love how passionate she is about fashion, and how much she wants to be in the industry. Although she does look old, she looks fresh at the same time. But yeah, I think that she does look very old...and she's just starting to get on my nerves, I can't figure out why.

And Teyona needs to go. Her hairline starts on the top of her head. That's all I'm going to say about that.

That's just my two cents... lol
Old 04-30-2009, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that Tyra says that modeling is more than just being pretty but really when you look at magazine ads that you find in Cosmo or commercials on tv do you really see someone looking like Allison? Or any of them really?

I watch Make Me a Supermodel on Bravo and think that they definitely have more of the typical model types. I still do enjoy ANTM, though maybe not as much this cycle.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I liked Fo, but it definitely seemed like she was struggling. I think Aminat is GORGEOUS, if only she could step it up a notch she might have a chance at winning. I like Celia, but think her look is too old to win. Similar to Renee from the cycle Jaslene won. Right now I see it being between Teyona and Allison.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
This cycle is awfully boring. It's pretty obvious that Teyona is going to win...and I find her as exciting as McKey last season. Ugh! And I'm sorry, but her hair is TERRIBLE...why did Tyra think that slicked back mullet-looking style would be attractive?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

This season SUCKS. No one has quit, Tyra hasn't flipped out on anyone, we don't have anyone as crazy as Lisa from Cycle 5 or annoying as Melrose from Cycle 7. I kind of want to bring back the out lesbian (remember Kim?), or even Sandra just because superbitches who can't model that well make the show interesting.

I do like Allison, Celia is starting to get on my nerves, and Aminat just needs to stop talking forever. I don't understand why the judges love Teyona so much...the swimsuit picture was boring. She does have a great portfolio, but she's not exactly articulate. I'm waiting for her to epically fail on the next commercial the girls shoot. Ughhh this cycle sucks. They should have cast the weird conspiracy theorist girl from the final 32....not exactly a model, but I would have watched just for her.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Celia is starting to become annoying. I still can't put my finger on why though.

I still like Allison. She was my pick from the beginning and I'm standing behind her and her alien eyes (although they haven't been so buggy lately). I think her shyness will make the commercial difficult for her, however.

Ditto on the boring season. I say we bring back Jade.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceniczip View Post
I know that Tyra says that modeling is more than just being pretty but really when you look at magazine ads that you find in Cosmo or commercials on tv do you really see someone looking like Allison? Or any of them really?

I watch Make Me a Supermodel on Bravo and think that they definitely have more of the typical model types. I still do enjoy ANTM, though maybe not as much this cycle.
This is the problem, they are trying to pick someone who's going to be a good mass market cosmetics spokeswoman (for a line directed at younger women) AND a good couture/runway model. The only time that happened was 15-20 years ago with the supermodels. The gap between what runway models and mass market models look like nowadays is so huge as to be ridiculous and Tyra needs to quit thinking she can close it.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

UGH. I'm going to say it again.

Celia needs to GTFO.

ETA: FINALLY.

Last edited by agzg; 05-06-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to psychdesire Send a message via MSN to psychdesire Send a message via Yahoo to psychdesire
Yea, the final three are very promising. Cannot wait until next week!
Someone called me their hero today, because I refuse to get hype about graduation OR to just limit my talents to four years. I am pursuing another year of college because I feel I am not ready (skilled enough) in subjects I should be skilled in - How amazing is this
Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
I don't know why so many people dislike Allison -- she's been my fav since the beginning and I'm glad to see she's still around.

SPOILER: Word is she's in the final with a "gorgeous black girl" who I'm just going to assume is Teyona. Can't wait for next week!
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Allison is really growing on me but I still hate, hate, hate Aminat.