Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,405
1 members and 1,404 guests
naraht

Old 06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
^^dont they make the cutest couple? i was also amazed when i found out, lord knows i would be big as a house if he were my man
Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
lord knows i would be big as a house if he were my man
The nice thing about the type of foods REAL chefs make is that it's usually so rich, that you only WANT a little bit. That's why so many European women are skinny - they eat really rich foods all the time, but in small portions. We eat more bland foods (that are ususally empty calorie packed), and eat bigger portions.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:49 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
so so true. my fiance is a sous chef at a country club and he brings all this expensive, rich stuff home that sometimes never gets eaten. well, these days everything is gone since im 5 months pregnant, but before then i maintained my weight pretty good!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
That's why so many European women are skinny - they eat really rich foods all the time, but in small portions. We eat more bland foods (that are ususally empty calorie packed), and eat bigger portions.

I've found that all the restaurants I've eaten at in Germany, Austria, France, etc. the portions were still huge-and I always thought they wouldn't be since thats the rumor. Its one thing to make smaller portions for yourself at home, but the restaurants are still a bit out of control in my experience. When I was in Germany for a few weeks, I'd eat my lunches at a local meat shop that also served a deli lunch, and the lunch special was big enough for two people! If it weren't for the fact that I walked to & from work every day I think I would've gained 10 lbs.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Italy was the same way. I got STUFFED at every meal particularly with getting pasta first then your protein. (Of course the wine helped with everyone else too I'm sure)
Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

How can anyone not like Alton Brown. I just love his corny self!

Iron Chef is my favorite, although I don't like how now the Chairman picks who the chef will battle, just b/c last season everyone picked Flay.

I like just about all of Bobby Flay's shows. He seems like a bit of a prick, but the food looks good and it's entertaining.

Rachel is special, but I've made her dishes and they come out well.

Oh Giada, there is something about her that makes me flip channels.

I don't like Barefoot Contessa, she looks like one of those folks who plays with their dogs and their feet and then goes right back to cooking with no soap and water in between.

There is this guy who comes on weekends. His food looks good, but also like you need 6 years in culinary school just to pick which pan to use.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmywords View Post
I don't like Barefoot Contessa, she looks like one of those folks who plays with their dogs and their feet and then goes right back to cooking with no soap and water in between.

That just made my day!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmywords View Post
How can anyone not like Alton Brown. I just love his corny self!

Iron Chef is my favorite, although I don't like how now the Chairman picks who the chef will battle, just b/c last season everyone picked Flay.

I like just about all of Bobby Flay's shows. He seems like a bit of a prick, but the food looks good and it's entertaining.

Rachel is special, but I've made her dishes and they come out well.

Oh Giada, there is something about her that makes me flip channels.

There is this guy who comes on weekends. His food looks good, but also like you need 6 years in culinary school just to pick which pan to use.
With Iron Chef, it's just the reruns that have the Chairman picking the Chefs I think. But actually you don't get a choice (or you decide long before the show). You also get a list of several possible secret ingredients to prepare your recipes from. (You bring any supplies that aren't standard, and you get a grocery allowance too) So you still have to be flexible (your hints could be beef, chocolate and citrus for example). You also get a few minutes between the reveal of the ingredient and ALLEZ CUISINE! to plan as well.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

So Food Network has some new shows on.

On my list of current faves are Diners Drive-Ins, and Dives. I love Guy! Mike & I actually have scouted and eaten at some of the places he's visited on his show and so far, I like his recommendations.

I'm also a big fan of Jamie Oliver so I like his new show. He makes some yummy food!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Guy came to Springfield! I don't know when the show will air, but it's Charlie Parker's and one of those places I haven't quite made it to yet. They're featured for their breakfast horseshoe.

For those of you who don't know what a horseshoe is, I shall summarize:
Stack, in order, Texas Toast, "Protein," French Fries, Cheese Sauce. Said protein can be anything from a chili burger to a pork tenderloin to fish. Then you go have your arteries flushed. Charlie Parkers has a breakfast version
Old 01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I think I like the idea of Jamie Oliver more than I actually like him. I get excited for his shows but then can't sit through an entire episode. Then I forget when the shows are on and never seem to run across them again.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I love Dinner Impossible! Gotta love Robert Irvine and those awesome guns of his!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone seen the latest Food Network Star's show? I haven't caught it yet, but I was so mad when she won anyways. I think it's her teeth that freak me out the most and how snobby she was on the competition.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
Has anyone seen the latest Food Network Star's show? I haven't caught it yet, but I was so mad when she won anyways. I think it's her teeth that freak me out the most and how snobby she was on the competition.
I missed this competition. Darn! I'll have to go back and catch it to see what the deal with her was.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked her better than her competitor, although I liked the guy who... well I won't spoil it

Dinner Impossible and some Throwdowns are fun.

Question though, Batali's contract wasn't renewed etc. but they're using his image in the new animated Iron Chef ads. Is he hanging around?