GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,478
0 members and 1,478 guests
No Members online

Old 11-05-2004, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Although I'm not an Eminem fan I do like his video for Mosh. Bird in the G-Unit video took me by surprise also. I had to keep looking at her to make sure it was her.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
Quote:
Originally posted by Im_just_me
No, Sisterfriend, you were not. After a successful show like "Soul Food", you'd think she'd have better work lined up than being a video-ho. Somebody find her some work quick, fast and in a hurry!!!!
She's been in videos before(she was in a Ruff Ends video too)

Why is she a video ho??????????? She could be a Young Buck fan
Old 11-06-2004, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Give you 1 hint...The PEACHIEST state in the World!!
Send a message via Yahoo to 1_zetaemerald
Talking Wow!

I didn't know that was Bird on that video. I am really not a fan of G-Unit and nem', so I always turn that video off for some reason! lol!

But can someone help me understand the new Destiny's Child Video, Lose my Breath. I mean, the song is cool, but I don't think it matches the video. If it does, then I don't understand how, just help a sister out!
Old 11-06-2004, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RBL
She's been in videos before(she was in a Ruff Ends video too)

Why is she a video ho??????????? She could be a Young Buck fan
That's what I'm scratching my head at. What qualifies one to be a "video ho?" I could see if she was gyrating on the hood of a Lincoln Continental while having Cristal poured down her butt.

And "amen" to the comment about DC's video. I felt sorry for po' Michelle she had to imitate the EXACT same moves Beyonce did for "Crazy in Love." Bless her lil' Rhythmless Nation heart.

When is Anthony Hamilton going to have another video? I'm sick to death of "Charlene."
Old 11-06-2004, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Im_just_me Send a message via Yahoo to Im_just_me
Was she not gyrating all over that jukebox and dancing on the table top? To me that is juat as equal as gyrating over the hood of a Lincoln Continental...Had that been just any everyday girl, I wouldn't be the only one callin her a video-ho...So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Im_just_me; 11-08-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
I just watched Destiny's Child video Solider and they show Solange and she is very pregnant. They all rubbing on her belly and stuff. Including her baby daddy!!!!! I wonder if daddy Knowles made him be in the video with her!?!?!? I think she is bigger than I was and I had a 9.5 lb baby! I just have one question to all the Destiny fans. Can Michelle go back to singing Gospel music after all the gyrating and sexual lyrics she is singing?

Last edited by ykimber; 11-10-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

i finally saw both destiny's child videos. i like "lose my breath" and i like the video but one has nothing to do with the other. and do my ears deceive me or does kelly say something about "get the protection and put on me in the right direction?" wth?

the video for soldier reminds me of salt-n-pepa's "what a man" video. it's not bad (except for the belly rubbing because what's up with that?) but the song is soooo cliche. they've been around too long to be talking about "i need a soldier" the saving grace are the fine brothas in the video and my boys t.i. and lil' wayne.

how dare eminem almost make me a fan with his video mosh? i really like it!

who has seen christina milian's new video? another cliche! their car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and she happens to be rolling with a whole bunch of her girls, barely dressed. the only place she could find is filled with buff mechanics. there's a strip-poker game and a desert shower scene? cliche after cliche after cliche. she has no creativity.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I was watching old videos the other day...why did I not realize that Beyonce was the girl in "Happily ever after" by Case.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
i finally saw both destiny's child videos. i like "lose my breath" and i like the video but one has nothing to do with the other. and do my ears deceive me or does kelly say something about "get the protection and put on me in the right direction?" wth?
Yes, she says that. Their lyrics have become very sexual. I think they are trying to appeal to mainstream society since this is what everyone is talking about now-a-days!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Okay I have got to give it up for Usher now. While I am a BIG fan of the Confessions CD, I really had yet to see Ursher do his thang in a music video until tonight. Did anyone else peep his mini-movie on MTV? They showed a shortened version on BET. Y'all Usher had a mini-movie made up of 4 different videos, that's right 4. He had "Take Your Hand", "Seduction" and two of my personal faves, "Red Light" and "Caught Up". That boy is a dancing foo' and I LOVED the way it went together. The movie starred Usher, Joy Bryant, Clifton Powell, and featured Puff, Naomi Campbell, and Ryan Seacrest. The entire title of the music videos is "Rhythm City: Volume 1".

On another note, J. Lo also had her Making the Video on tonight. I liked the concept of the video and for some reason I have a strange feeling that this song is going to grow on me. I was glad to see her dancing again.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1savvydiva
I was watching old videos the other day...why did I not realize that Beyonce was the girl in "Happily ever after" by Case.
Really? Yep. That was her. I LOVED that song. The video was nice also.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladylike

When is Anthony Hamilton going to have another video? I'm sick to death of "Charlene."
So am I. I have to hear this song EVERYDAY, EVERY MINUTE while I am at work. My autistic student LOVES this song. When I learned it would "calm him", I went to my car, got the CD made a continuous tape of the song. You should hear him sing. I know he's singing, but you'd say it was 'noise'.

I HATE this song!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of Elise Neal (on the Ave.): I saw Kwame's "Onlee Ewe" video a few weeks ago. She was one of the dancers in that video. I remember her being in Chubb Rock's "Just the 2 of us Video" as well.

I guess this could have been a Random Spurt.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
Okay I have got to give it up for Usher now. While I am a BIG fan of the Confessions CD, I really had yet to see Ursher do his thang in a music video until tonight. Did anyone else peep his mini-movie on MTV? They showed a shortened version on BET. Y'all Usher had a mini-movie made up of 4 different videos, that's right 4. He had "Take Your Hand", "Seduction" and two of my personal faves, "Red Light" and "Caught Up". That boy is a dancing foo' and I LOVED the way it went together. The movie starred Usher, Joy Bryant, Clifton Powell, and featured Puff, Naomi Campbell, and Ryan Seacrest. The entire title of the music videos is "Rhythm City: Volume 1".

On another note, J. Lo also had her Making the Video on tonight. I liked the concept of the video and for some reason I have a strange feeling that this song is going to grow on me. I was glad to see her dancing again.
Yep, I saw Usher's mini-movie. "Caught Up" is my favorite song on his CD.

I went to bed after that, so I didn't get a chance to watch J. Lo's new video.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched BET's Uncut for the first time during a bout with insomnia last night...I am now traumatized for life.