GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,022
1 members and 1,021 guests
No Members online

Old 08-03-2024, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
WIFLSRN: I swear my Beats headsets were just working fine when I put them on to walk from my car to the coffee shop. I wanted to listen to some music I recently downloaded from Apple Music while I wait for my friends to come. And then like all of a sudden the right side stopped working. Does anyone know why this happens?
Kismet. You are meant to remove said headset today and listen to the orchestrations of life. Save headphone music for another time and place.

It's kind of like when greekchat recently went offline for maintenance, and some of us used the break from posting/reading to good advantage.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 08-03-2024 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2024, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WIFLSRN: I swear my Beats headsets were just working fine when I put them on to walk from my car to the coffee shop. I wanted to listen to some music I recently downloaded from Apple Music while I wait for my friends to come. And then like all of a sudden the right side stopped working. Does anyone know why this happens?
Get you a little piece of tinfoil and put it between the folding mechanism. The music will kick in and out for a minute, with a little static, then it’ll start working again. It’ll be a small piece of tinfoil sticking out, but you’ll have sound in both ears.
Old 08-03-2024, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Kismet. You are meant to remove said headset today and listen to the orchestrations of life. Save headphone music for another time and place.

It's kind of like when greekchat recently went offline for maintenance, and some of us used the break from posting/reading to good advantage.
Kinset? Better than Beats? I wish there was a way I could hear them before I buy. Where do they sell them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Get you a little piece of tinfoil and put it between the folding mechanism. The music will kick in and out for a minute, with a little static, then it’ll start working again. It’ll be a small piece of tinfoil sticking out, but you’ll have sound in both ears.

The look on my face when I read your post. You are so full of it.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-03-2024, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

😂😂🤣😂😂
Old 08-03-2024, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But you have to look at the history behind European cars from that time period to have an understanding why a lot of postwar European cars were built that way. Remember, when WWII broke out, car production stopped for the Brits before it stopped here. It didn’t stop here until 1942. Once 1945 came about and the war ended, car production over in Europe was slow. It was somewhat that way here too, to a degree, but mainly with styling. But over in Europe, a lot of their car factories had to be rebuilt after taking direct hits from bombs and it was mostly prewar designs that were being produced.

The TC was brought over here by G.I.s stationed in GB after the war. At the time, Americans had never really seen a real sports car. Folks liked it, so MG started exporting the TC to the states but didn’t bother adding the creature comforts Americans were used to. Didn’t even bother to move the steering wheel to the American driver’s side. MG and other European auto manufacturers only concern was to make as much money as they could. Another reason why its styling is outdated for 1948. Everything it lacks, makes the history behind the why, that much more interesting, to me.
Dude, you love you some cars. I buy a car, I don’t know a damn thing about it. Still no way I’d buy a classic car with that many normal features not include.
Quote:
😂😂😂 Man, you’re a trip. Both of my kids were born with a full head of hair. Not all infants are born bald.
Bald, hair, keep them. I can’t stand kids. They’re annoying AF.
Quote:
What songs did you download?
Quote:
Lmao! PB, you’re an irritant.
Old 08-03-2024, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lmao! PB, you’re an irritant.
Old 08-03-2024, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What songs did you download?
Just 5 songs.

“Cry On Your Own Shoulder” ~ General Public

“Tenderness” ~ General Public

“Go Deep” ~ Janet Jackson

“(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” ~ The Rolling Stones

“If You Were Here” ~ Thompson Twins

And then those “Kismet” headsets?… I looked them up. Unless I typed in the wrong thing, I saw big house speakers and something weird that hooks on to my waist? I don’t trust it. I’ll just buy a new set of Beats from the Apple Store, lol. Thank you though, Cheerio.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-03-2024, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
He definitely won’t accept the results. It’ll be a shit show all day. No question about it.
Too many Jan 6 people serving time for a part II.
Quote:
Whoever banned Shelly, thank you. She pmd me again telling me she’s a single mom and wants to hook up.

To Shelly, if you see this: I don’t like snotty nosed, diaper shitting kids. And I damn sure don’t like playing paper airplanes with Billy. So, no thank you. Don’t come back.
You think she might be your ex? You did say she saw you posting on this site.
Quote:
This actually works, all jokes aside.
Quote:
Kinset? Better than Beats? I wish there was a way I could hear them before I buy. Where do they sell them?

What he said actually works. There’s wires inside the break where the speaker fold is.
Old 08-04-2024, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
What he said actually works. There’s wires inside the break where the speaker fold is.
I had no idea. 😂 — I seriously was joking. I just posted that knowing a piece of tinfoil sticking out would be “tacky” to her. No way she’d use a piece of tinfoil as an aid to listen to her music. 😂

Good to know.
Old 08-04-2024, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Too many Jan 6 people serving time for a part II.

You think she might be your ex? You did say she saw you posting on this site.
That doesn’t mean anything. How do you figure?

@ Shelly being my ex, Lol very funny.
Old 08-04-2024, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I am so grossed out right now. People who have interviewed Donald Trump have said he has an odor. And then they described it.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 08-04-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2024, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WIFLSRN: I am so grossed out right now. People who have intervened Donald Trump have said he has an odor. And then they described it. 🤢
Did you mean “intervened” or interview? Your post says intervened. What’d they say about the description? Lol!
Old 08-04-2024, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Did you mean “intervened” or interview? Your post says intervened. What’d they say about the description? Lol!
I meant interview. I’m blaming that on spellcheck.

It was Adam Kinzinger who said it. So, I don’t know how credible it is? I don’t remember all of what he said, just like words that stuck out to me? He said the best way to describe it, he said to take “armpits”, “ketchup”, “a butt”, and “makeup”, and put that all in a blender, and bottle that as cologne. It was something like that but I don’t remember it all. It made me gag though, which made my eyes water. That description was really, really gross to me. Tomorrow, when I go to work, I know I won’t eat my lunch now, thinking about it.

Ok, so my best friend text me this video after I sent her a text about what Adam Kinzinger said.
https://youtu.be/N60ceYRlY2I?si=MyHI53AwqG5vE-fu
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-05-2024, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I meant interview. I’m blaming that on spellcheck.

It was Adam Kinzinger who said it. So, I don’t know how credible it is? I don’t remember all of what he said, just like words that stuck out to me? He said the best way to describe it, he said to take “armpits”, “ketchup”, “a butt”, and “makeup”, and put that all in a blender, and bottle that as cologne. It was something like that but I don’t remember it all. It made me gag though, which made my eyes water. That description was really, really gross to me. Tomorrow, when I go to work, I know I won’t eat my lunch now, thinking about it.

Ok, so my best friend text me this video after I sent her a text about what Adam Kinzinger said.
https://youtu.be/N60ceYRlY2I?si=MyHI53AwqG5vE-fu
Lmfao!! I hollered! You gagged and didn’t smell him yourself. CG, you better eat Lol. Around all those foul smelling animals all day, 5 days a week, and you can eat with no thought. But you won’t eat from a foul description of Trump BO. That’s what I don’t understand. Lmao!
Old 08-05-2024, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

So, it looks like ATL Guy probably isn't going to happen. But I've been talking with the TKE I went with in college on the phone. I rented a place on Lake Michigan for Labor Day so I may end up seeing him then. We'll see.