Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,391
2 members and 1,389 guests
3DGator, John

Old 10-15-2003, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I sent an e-mail asking about appropriate attire. Doesn't hurt to ask, right? My Little Women contact said that my "paperwork is in progress." I have no idea what that means, but it made me very happy

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 10-15-2003, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Doesn't hurt to ask. There is that expression..."if you don't know, you bettah ask somebody!"

Glad thangs are moving with the paperwork!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Long update...

Hey, Everyone!! Well, I got back late last night from Homecoming Weekend. It was so great to be back at my old school (which I totally LOVE), and I saw a lot of old friends. Of course, the highlight of the trip was the Little Women tea

The Tea was to begin at 6:30. I met the Regional Officer at six just to get acquainted, and she showed me around the Little Women house. It was so cute!! My alma mater doesn't have actual houses...they are dorm buildings, but the GLOs have entire buildings not just floors. Little Women just moved into their building this summer, and I heard all about their hardwork to make the house their own. It really paid off!

I was introduced to so many women, and everyone was wonderfully friendly and welcoming. I LOVED the collegiate members. They were so funny and exhausted! They had been up until 3 am working on their Homecoming float, and then they were up at 6 am finishing things up for the float and the tea. And guess what!! Little Women won first place in the float contest!

Then alums started to arrive, and I got nervous! One of the Alum Club members (that could be sponsoring me) asked why I wanted to become an alumna member, and of course, all of my wonderful reasons (which I practiced in my head all day) were suddenly forgotten, and I said something sort of lame about having missed out and wanting to meet different women from all over the country. Not too bad, I guess, but my real reasons are far more complex and definitely more meaningful than just that. Oh well, hopefully she will understand my nervousness.

I had a great time talking with recent alums that would have been my chapter sisters if I had accepted my bid 5 years ago. Each one I spoke with seemed so happy that I am interested in joining as an alum. One girl hugged and hugged me, and she got all teary! I hardly knew her!

Before the event ended, the collegiate members belted out a Little Women chant. It was great, and I had this overwhelming feeling of joy and relief that I may finally have the chance to make up for the decision that I have sincerely regretted.

Overall, it was a great time. The Regional Officer was an absolute sweetheart, and she spoke so highly of the area alums and the collegiate members. She actually participated in the chapter's colonization almost 25 years ago! She explained that if all goes well, I will be initiated with the Spring class. Of course, I understand that this is not a promise. I won't go into the details of the process, but I must have 3 seperate votes of approval before being extended an invitation. From my understanding, I am 1/3 of the way through.

LM

P.S. I wore tweed slacks and a fitted red sweater with a white blouse underneath. The women there were wearing everything from jeans and sweatshirts to dresses, so I was right in the middle.

Be a Volunteer!

Last edited by LouisaMay; 10-20-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

So you are one step closer!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Keep on truckin' - it all sounds good!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy! Happy!
I got an e-mail from the Regional Officer, and I feel very encouraged by her words. She said that they alumnae were pleased to meet me, and she thought that my answer to the alum's question (mentioned in earlier post) was great. She is still going to give me the President's address, so I can send a letter that clearly explains my hopes and motivations.

I am so excited!! Spring feels so far away. I hope that I will at least find out if I am accepted before then!

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

YEAH! Congratulations

Old 10-21-2003, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Glad to hear how wil lit went!
Congrats!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 10-21-2003, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
YAY -- Congrats!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, everyone! Things are moving along so well, and I'm trying desperately not to get my hopes up too high. Could this be my time? Success on the first try????

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 10-24-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It has happened to some of us!

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisaMay
Thanks, everyone! Things are moving along so well, and I'm trying desperately not to get my hopes up too high. Could this be my time? Success on the first try????

LM
Old 11-04-2003, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Nothing new to report. I sent thank-you notes to both the regional officer and the chapter that hosted the tea. I'm still on a high from that event! It was so great to meet so many new Little Women and to see alums from my time on campus.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 11-04-2003, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that since you sent a thank you note will help you. They are very classy, and I always remember when I get one, and I am upset when I don't. Good for you.

Christia
Old 11-07-2003, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy! Happy! Happy!

I got an information guide from Little Women today! Yippee! Now I have the chance to learn more the organization than I've been able to get from their website. I really feel like things are moving forward.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 12-03-2003, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I got an e-mail from the Regional Officer yesterday. She attended the initiation of a new AI recently...her biological sister!! She gave me a great "pep talk" and encouraged me to relax and enjoy the process.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

LM

Be a Volunteer!