GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,380
1 members and 1,379 guests
TLLK

Old 10-31-2010, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate getting suckered into holiday parties I am so gonna regret this later. So not cool.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
What the eff.

I have a college-level hangover. The last time I was hurting this badly, Bill Clinton was president. Firefly is a sneaky drink. Add vodka-soaked gummy bears to the mix and it resulted in some funny e-mails to my friends last night/this morning.
Vodka-soaked gummy bears sounds amazing. But what is firefly?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Vodka-soaked gummy bears sounds amazing. But what is firefly?
Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka?

And vodka soaked gummy bears are DELICIOUS!

Anyway, I wanted to say that today is the first day that someone hasn't been hammered in my room since last Monday. Good job, all. :P
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka?

And vodka soaked gummy bears are DELICIOUS!
That's the stuff. I drank it straight. It's amazing, but you drink it like iced tea when it's really vodka. Like I said, I felt like a college freshman.

Vodka-soaked gummy bears are the bizzomb, especially when you let them soak in the vodka overnight.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LikeASista
I hate to mention name brands here, but has anyone ever tried this Ciroc vodka? I usually shy away from products that celebrities endorse. Besides, I just assumed vodka was vodka.

One of my friends suggested it to me, so I tried this for the first time this weekend, and learned that it is made from grapes, ... not potatos. Who would've thought you could make a vodka from grapes? I assumed it would be more like a wine, but it really is a vodka. You could drink this all day long and would never wake up with a hangover, because it's distilled five times! I think I sipped on an entire pint for one day, and I only felt drunk for about five to 10 minutes each time. Yay for Ciroc!
#1 - Spring 2000

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeASista View Post
I hate to mention name brands here, but has anyone ever tried this Ciroc vodka? I usually shy away from products that celebrities endorse. Besides, I just assumed vodka was vodka.

One of my friends suggested it to me, so I tried this for the first time this weekend, and learned that it is made from grapes, ... not potatos. Who would've thought you could make a vodka from grapes? I assumed it would be more like a wine, but it really is a vodka. You could drink this all day long and would never wake up with a hangover, because it's distilled five times! I think I sipped on an entire pint for one day, and I only felt drunk for about five to 10 minutes each time. Yay for Ciroc!
I've been hungover from Ciroc. About six or seven years ago, I was volunteering at this event where they were the sponsors (also with Red Stripe, so I had Red Stripe in my fridge for months). The white grape martinis are deadly.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeASista View Post

I kind of think of vodka as just clear alcohol made from grain or potatoes, and anything else is a distilled spirit or if sweet a liqueur or schnapps. I'm not a drinker of infused vodkas, and I've found high quality vodka and gin can have a really interesting taste by itself, especially when it is ice cold. Akvavit is my favorite grain alcohol that has a flavor of caraway, though depending on the maker, other flavors. We usually do a straight shot for a celebration and say skål as our toast. Usually this precedes a holiday celebration where we have glögg which is just mulled wine. Many of the spices and flavors in our glögg are mirrored in Akvavit but essentially it is warm red wine with spices and sometimes it is served with vodka or Akvavit mixed in and some type of sweet like a cookie. I don't think I've ever had it before Thanksgiving or after the New Year.

Last edited by VandalSquirrel; 11-03-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I may have been drinking.

But you bitches can't prove it!

Old 11-06-2010, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LikeASista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
The white grape martinis are deadly.
Really?! Oh SNAP! I'm gonna have to try those!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
I kind of think of vodka as just clear alcohol made from grain or potatoes, and anything else is a distilled spirit or if sweet a liqueur or schnapps. I'm not a drinker of infused vodkas, and I've found high quality vodka and gin can have a really interesting taste by itself, especially when it is ice cold.
Is that right?! Ya know, I always wondered if I could stand the taste of Vodka by itself. When I read Christina Crawford's book, Mommie Dearest, she said her mother, Joan, drank 100 proof Vodka straight all of her life, ... even up to her death. I can only imagine the heartburn.
#1 - Spring 2000

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
Old 11-06-2010, 04:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, you can prove it now.

I'm fucked. hahahahaha :P
Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 AM
GreekChat Member

heheheheeh

This is the laughter I want to do out loud. I am happy that our hockey team won again! Hooyay!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hooyay!
Lol

Old 11-12-2010, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw this and thought I'd share it with the GC community, and what better place than in the Drunk! thread?

Social Media Sobriety Test tutorial, from socialmediasobrietytest.com. Don't be the (self-inflicted) victim of drunk posting again.

Last edited by SydneyK; 11-12-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: lol - I misspelled 'drunk'
Old 11-12-2010, 10:01 AM

OMG, I thought this was a joke.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OHNOITSJESS
Quote:
heheheheeh

This is the laughter I want to do out loud. I am happy that our hockey team won again! Hooyay!
what team? i'm a bruins fan they've lost 3 in a row so far.

i forgot what else i was going to post here.... oops

ETA: i remember, i always text the one guy i think is cute... he's used to it now, and thinks its amusing. lol