GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,069
0 members and 1,069 guests
No Members online

Old 04-12-2001, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Bubbles-I got it . Too bad--I thought we could finally get a chance to see her personality after Ms. Jerri was booted out! I guess not!
Old 04-12-2001, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles17:
Alright--a mini-spoiler for tonight's show--so if you don't wanna know, don't look!

BUT--GREEKS, you better catch this show--before it's too late. Alright I've said enough .
How'd you know?

Old 04-12-2001, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Oops, I'm sorry I forgot to cite my sources! This is a rumor though--so I'm not sure how accurate it is. It was from survivorsucks.com (haha) that has correctly predicted the outsters many times in a row!
Old 04-12-2001, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got done seeing it and I'm sad... Colby is good looking but he wins too much! Get him out!!!!

Old 04-12-2001, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Serenity, the rumor is indeed true BTW!
Old 04-12-2001, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Interesting!!! I"m a Lizzie fan--rumor has it that her boyfriend, Tim Hasselbeck, QB of Boston College, proposed to her last week!! It's from National Enquirer (yeah not exactly reliable!!), survivorsucks.com, and other sources. If it's true CONGRATULATIONS LIZZIE we love you!!

here's the link to the NE article...http://www.nationalenquirer.com/allthebuzz/allthebuzz.cfm?instanceid=10783

[This message has been edited by bubbles17 (edited April 12, 2001).]
Old 04-13-2001, 12:41 AM
Unregistered-

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles17:
Interesting!!! I"m a Lizzie fan--rumor has it that her boyfriend, Tim Hasselbeck, QB of Boston College, proposed to her last week!! It's from National Enquirer (yeah not exactly reliable!!), survivorsucks.com, and other sources. If it's true CONGRATULATIONS LIZZIE we love you!!

here's the link to the NE article... www.nationalenquirer.com/allthebuzz/allthebuzz.cfm?instanceid=10783

[This message has been edited by bubbles17 (edited April 12, 2001).]
LoL Bubbles, it's not a rumor. ET, Extra, and a bunch of those other shows talked about it tonight. He proposed to her last Friday (his 23rd bday). Extra said they're planning to marry at the end of the year.

About tonight's episode. I haven't seen it yet but I was a fool and clicked on this topic before I saw the show. I think Amber's biggest mistake was befriending Jerri. Her past came back to haunt her! Does anyone know about the financial breakdown of the $$$ awards that the finalists get? I know the members of the jury are entitled to a nicely sized award!

------------------
"Talk doesn't cook rice."--Someone smart

Visit Alpha Gamma Delta-Delta Sigma chapter!
Old 04-13-2001, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Oh hehe, thanks for the clarification OTW!! I'm so sorry if I ruined it for you . Did you tape the episode? BTW, I'll try and go search to see the definite numbers of $$ they get!!
Old 04-13-2001, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

AWW, you know what OhTeenywahine?

These past 2 nights (except for tonight) I had watched ET, b/c I had seen a commercial, where they had said they had interviewed Jerri!! So I watch and watch the show--no Jerri. The next night (yesterday) I also watch, too. No Jerri! So today I don't watch--and you reported on how they reported about Lizzie's engagement!! hehee
Old 04-13-2001, 01:24 AM

I remember in the last episode the second place finalist received $100,000...I'm not sure what the others received.

Was anyone else surprised that roger and liz didn't make an effort to get amber on her side? At least that way they could have went for the tie-breaker. Amber should have realized that she would have a better chance of winning if she was in the final three with kucha than if it was just her and the rest of olgakor.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KnowledgeEternal
It showed a big argument between Keith and Colby.

IMO, I thik that Colby is the Next to go. There is already the alliance between Liz, Rodger, Tina, and Keith. So they will be the final four.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:25 PM

Ahhh jezz,
if colby gets tossed the end of this season will be a huge disappointment just like last year. Hope he wins the next challenge.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:40 PM
Unregistered-

Cool

I think it's pretty interesting that even to this day, no one (not even the winner)knows who wins the million.

I don't know if any of you have been watching those tabloid shows (ET, Inside Edition, Extra), but the final two people and the jury (including Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst) won't know who wins until the final show on May 3rd. The jury's voted already, but the votes haven't been tallied up yet. They're going to re-create the final jury scene in LA on May 3rd. They did this mainly for security reasons...pretty smart, huh? Man, if I were the final two I'd be going nuts right about now.

------------------
"Talk doesn't cook rice."--Someone smart

Visit Alpha Gamma Delta-Delta Sigma chapter!
Old 04-13-2001, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey OhTeenyWahine! Here's what I gathered about how much the SUrvivors win:

"And while she was eliminated Thursday from the $1 million grand prize, nobody should feel sorry for Brkich. By lasting as long as she did, she is assured a nice payday - likely in the $40,000 to $50,000 range.

"Survivor" publicist Colleen Sullivan confirmed the 16 "Survivor" contestants get paid on a sliding scale; the longer they survive on the show, the more money they get.

"Sullivan refused to reveal the dollar amounts of that sliding scale, except to say the second-place finisher wins $100,000 while the winner, as everyone knows, gets $1 million.

"However, People magazine got some of last year's original "Survivor" castaways to reveal their prize winnings. Jenna Lewis finished eighth last year and won $30,000, while Rudy Boesch earned $85,000 for finishing third.

"Brkich finished sixth in this year's Australian version."

That was from http://www.timesonline.com/news/news/4463046.htm.

Also, OTW, there is a possiblity that the jury memebers each called each other asking whovoted for who! Or they had a code while voting...like if you wear a certain color, you are voting for Person A, if you wear this, you are voting for PersonB. That's such a long time to not know who won, if indeed the jury memebers didn't contact each other regarding who they votd for!

33girl, you can visit www.cbs.com/survivor, the main Survivor Site, they will have Amber's final comments up. HTH!!

P.S. I hate Tina--she is such a little backstabber! She's like a mini Jerri-though Jerri stabs you in the front, Tina stabs you in the back without you really knowing it!

Old 04-13-2001, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

BTW, if anyone is interested in what Amber said on the Early show, I recapped some stuff in my Early Show thread!!