GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,093
1 members and 1,092 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm still waiting on my mom to call with updates from my 4 UK girls. All I know is that one of them got dropped by my mother's sorority. None of them have internet access in their dorms yet.

ETA -

My mom talked to one of the UK gals' moms - she got asked back everywhere but Theta and Tri-Delt. The PNM's mom (a very confused non-greek) couldn't remember which ones the daughter picked, except for ADPi - her favorite

Last edited by ADqtPiMel; 08-15-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
So I'm kind of sad because I just got my round 2 schedule and Ive only been invited back to one house , Amber. I really liked this house, Im just sad because I absolutely fell in love with Green but that's ok, I am going to go and meet some more of the girls and I know that if I have as good of a time that I've had in the past then it will be just fine. It just kinda sucks cuz I was super excited about Green....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure that you'll have a great time at Amber today...You may just fall as much in love with them as you did Green! Keep your chin up and keep up that positive outlook!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Amber sees all of your beauty inside and out. Sometimes being cut from a house is a blessing. You realize later you would never fit in that house.
Good luck today.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Its OK to be bummed for a few, but just keep your head up & try to be positive. Have a good day!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

It only takes one, it only takes one, it only takes one!!!

I know you're bummed and sad (and maybe a little embarassed) but I'm REALLY impressed with your whole approach and attitude. And remember a very important thing here: you already LIKE Amber and Amber LIKES you. Where I come from, we call that a match!

Sending you a mom's {{{hugs}}}
Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmom
It only takes one, it only takes one, it only takes one!!!

I know you're bummed and sad (and maybe a little embarassed) but I'm REALLY impressed with your whole approach and attitude. And remember a very important thing here: you already LIKE Amber and Amber LIKES you. Where I come from, we call that a match!

Sending you a mom's {{{hugs}}}
I second that! Good luck with today, my thoughts are with you!
"In a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my fraternity and her highest teachings..."
Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Others who know more about this spesific school's rush, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would hurt to mention when you go back to Amber that it's your only party for the day, depending on the vibe you get from them. (And on my campus, it was a popular question to ask where else the rushee was going that day, so you might be prepared.) When they go to do their cuts later and have to decide between you and another girl, if they know that they don't have to fight for you, that might help you out. Be careful how you phrase it though. If you say "You know, I just didn't connect with the other groups like I did here, and I'm glad I got to come back today" I think you'll give the sisters the impression that it doesn't matter about the other groups, because their house is really where you want to be. Turn the "negative" of only getting to go to one party into a postive (which it seems like you have in your attitude!!).
Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
Others who know more about this spesific school's rush, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would hurt to mention when you go back to Amber that it's your only party for the day, depending on the vibe you get from them. (And on my campus, it was a popular question to ask where else the rushee was going that day, so you might be prepared.) When they go to do their cuts later and have to decide between you and another girl, if they know that they don't have to fight for you, that might help you out. Be careful how you phrase it though. If you say "You know, I just didn't connect with the other groups like I did here, and I'm glad I got to come back today" I think you'll give the sisters the impression that it doesn't matter about the other groups, because their house is really where you want to be. Turn the "negative" of only getting to go to one party into a postive (which it seems like you have in your attitude!!).
I wouldn't say that. While at your campus, it was popular to get asked where else you were going that day, it's not as common in an SEC rush

Go to Amber with a smile on your face...good luck!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Have a wonderful time getting to know Amber better!!! See every woman as your possible future sister

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog

I wouldn't recommend telling the girls you speak with about it being your only party. If someone does ask where else you'll be headed for the rest of the day then AlphaFrog's suggestion for a response is a great way to phrase it.

Last edited by _Lisa_; 08-16-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzychx
I wouldn't recommend telling the girls you speak with about it being your only party. If someone does ask where else you'll be headed for the rest of the day then AlphaFrog's suggestion for a response is a great way to phrase it.

I guess my campus was just different, because I swear at least one girl in every group every day asked me where else I was going that day.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
Well I just got back (after a trip to the nonUK bookstore and walking the entire length of the campus in black dress pants carring 15 pounds of books, which in case you were wondering is not a fun task). I am so glad I went to amber, I connected with the 3 girls I talked to in addition to the other 2 I met previously. The last girl I talked to was awesome and we actually talked about how comfortable I was there and how everyone was real. So I really like it there, and I feel good about it, so hopefully I get invited back to pref tomorrow (and get a bid ). Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and energy, I was trying to keep pushing myself to make the best of it and your encouragement really helped!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful! Wonderful! Fingers crossed for you

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousWildcat
Well I just got back (after a trip to the nonUK bookstore and walking the entire length of the campus in black dress pants carring 15 pounds of books, which in case you were wondering is not a fun task). I am so glad I went to amber, I connected with the 3 girls I talked to in addition to the other 2 I met previously. The last girl I talked to was awesome and we actually talked about how comfortable I was there and how everyone was real. So I really like it there, and I feel good about it, so hopefully I get invited back to pref tomorrow (and get a bid ). Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and energy, I was trying to keep pushing myself to make the best of it and your encouragement really helped!
As someone who was in your same boat (a WAY long time ago though), you have done your best. Good Luck!