GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,253
0 members and 1,253 guests
No Members online

Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sigma3
I'm surprised you say Louisville is "anti-Catholic." Compared to Boston, it may seem that way, but in the region it is one of the more Catholic cities I know of. And this is coming from someone who grew up there, and is now living in Indy, which seems anti-Catholic in comparison to Louisville. Trust me, Louisville is Catholic, it's actually a lot of German Catholics orginially. But there are tons of Catholic grade schools and a number of Catholic high schools. Though some have had to close in recent years due to smaller numbers of students attending due to the costs.
Amen to that! I was born, raised and lived about 3/4 of my life in Louisville and that city is definitely Catholic. There's a good number of Irish Catholics as well. I've also lived in the Pittsburgh, Boston, Hartford and Columbus, OH metro areas. In my experiences, Louisville is not at all anti-Catholic in comparison to these areas. Sure, none of the individual Catholic churches approach Southeast Christian, but that's another topic for another day.

As for the real topic at hand, I consider myself as lapsed Catholic. I avoid any type of meat on Fridays during Lent, probably from leftover guilt and fear from my religious upbringing.
Quote:
Originally posted by preciousjeni
Be careful when you consider Christians not like yourself. Christianity is not a matter of the mind (theology/doctrine) but is a matter of the heart (the relationship with God/worship/obedience).
I like that statement, PJ. It's all about what you believe and how you relate to others with their own beliefs, right? You may not believe the same thing, but the important thing is to believe.

Last edited by AOIIalum; 03-21-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Wow, there's a lot of interesting information in this thread! I never knew about the orange thing.

There are loads of Catholics in the Chicago area. A lot of my friends are Catholic, mostly Irish or Polish. (I did know you wear red on St. Joseph's Day two days after St. Patrick's Day!)

Last edited by Sister Havana; 03-21-2006 at 10:19 AM.