GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 999
1 members and 998 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-26-2003, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
Hmm... I think someone did. Try this one:

Swuedika KeftoV (Souedika Kephtos), which translates to ...

"SWEDISH MEATBALLS"

Obviously a joke and not the true meaning of the Greek letters that Sigma Kappas hold so dear. I don't know them, and I'm not asking.

That board was so full of deliberate misinformation, personal attacks and various and sundry acts of wanton debauchery that it deserved being shut down. Good for a little snicker or two, though.
That's why my mom (a Sigma Kappa) loves Swedish Meatballs
Old 09-26-2003, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by APhi Diva
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, but at the same time I was NOT the only person asking and don't appreciate being singled out as the "best way to make the point" when plenty of others were asking, too, not to mention several others chatting about the sites in the first place!! In any event, while I did stumble across a particular site that I am sure has upset a great many people (and justifiably so!), you have to trust that your fellow Greeks are behind you and trust that people are intelligent enough to read whatever is out there and come to their own concusions.....free speech, baby!
Hence why I said "no offense to you APhi Diva"...I KNOW you were not the only person asking, that's my whole point! That type of question is what I was talking about though. Please forgive me for not going through the entire thread and quoting every person who asked for the addresses!!!!!!!

It's NOT "funny" and "a good laugh" when any greek org gets trashed on a website - when people post lies and ridiculous accusations. And it's not my fellow greeks I'm worried about. I know you all know enough to see how stupid the sites are. It's the PNMs and parents of incoming Freshmen who will see these things, not realize they are hooey, and stay away from the greek system because of it. What do we not all understand about this?!?!?!?
Old 09-26-2003, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xo_kathy
Hence why I said "no offense to you APhi Diva"...I KNOW you were not the only person asking, that's my whole point! That type of question is what I was talking about though. Please forgive me for not going through the entire thread and quoting every person who asked for the addresses!!!!!!!

It's NOT "funny" and "a good laugh" when any greek org gets trashed on a website - when people post lies and ridiculous accusations. And it's not my fellow greeks I'm worried about. I know you all know enough to see how stupid the sites are. It's the PNMs and parents of incoming Freshmen who will see these things, not realize they are hooey, and stay away from the greek system because of it. What do we not all understand about this?!?!?!?
I have to say xo kathy i agree with what your saying because if it was about my chapter i would be pissed to, but seriously you cant take that out on people that dont know about it or people that want to know whats going on. If people want to know thats there problem and if people start threads about stuff like that, then its when maturity kicks in and says im an adult, this is something that bothers me and just not read it. What is the point of going into the thread to begin with, honestly all it does is get you mad and go and yell at someone. I have to be honest that i know you were not taking a personal attack on someone but its only fair that if that thread goes up that the people who dont know whats going on can ask. Its not right for you to say that they are not. I myself asked what was going on cause i did not know. If people want to know and want to check it out, and saying they want a good laugh, is saying it because they realize the stuff is not true and laugh about it because its so stupid its funny. Im sorry i just needed to put my two cents in here because i cant believe how many people take this board so much to heart that they yell at other people, I think you didnt just take a personal attack on one person i think you were just yelling at everyone. Oh yeah and about the parents and pnm's seeing these sights i would hope that they would have enough common sense to find out a little more about it then just what one or two websites have to say.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If some freshman really thinks that Gamma Phi Beta means good flowers bloom and Sigma Kappa means swedish meatballs, do we really want them in the Greek system? I'm sorry, but anybody who believes that a fraternity or sorority would allow their ritual secrets to be openly bantered about like that might not be the best candidate for membership.

And yes, one of our new girls was disappointed to find out Love in IIKE didn't mean Play Kazoos Everywhere. Did they even have kazoos back in 1874?
Old 09-26-2003, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Hey! Listen, I feel REALLY BAD about the content of the website that shall remain nameless, and I never would have asked for the link if I knew what sort of stuff was involved! I thought it would be, like, Alpha Phi makes you eat goldfish or nonsense like that....I hear your concern about parents, etc....the bottom line is that people are going to form opinions and make stuff up, whether it is about Greeks, celebrities, or the average Joe on the street.....part of free speech is putting all the info out there and letting people decide for themselves....do you really want someone who does not have the intelligence to weed through crap information and form their own opinions as part of your group in the first place??
Old 09-26-2003, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DPsiSigKap
Could someone PM me this site??? Thanks!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies - I'm not yelling at people for asking. (Actually, I'm not yelling at all!) I get frustrated when people bring up the sites. I simply used someone's question post as a point to the people who are bringing up the threads. People won't ask if they have nothing to ask about. But then that person accused me of singling them out and I just wanted to let her know I wasn't trying to do that.

As far as not wanting people who actually believe those things, well, I had plenty of women who I am proud to call my sister be a little nervous about some things they had seen...

Also, I go into the thread to make sure nothing is being thrown around that shouldn't be. If someone posts a link, I want to make sure it gets removed (P.S. - I did that for another org besides my own in another thread...)

I'm sorry if I ticked anyone off. That wasn't my intention. But seriously, Sweedish Meatballs is a little different than some of the other accusations, don't ya think?
Old 09-26-2003, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

APhi Diva - Thanks for that post. That was really nice of you.

And I sort of answered your last question in my above post (we must have been typing at the same time...)
Old 09-26-2003, 01:28 PM
wreckingcrew

Quote:
Originally posted by Energizer420
I have to say xo kathy i agree with what your saying because if it was about my chapter i would be pissed to, but seriously you cant take that out on people that dont know about it or people that want to know whats going on. If people want to know thats there problem and if people start threads about stuff like that, then its when maturity kicks in and says im an adult, this is something that bothers me and just not read it. What is the point of going into the thread to begin with, honestly all it does is get you mad and go and yell at someone. I have to be honest that i know you were not taking a personal attack on someone but its only fair that if that thread goes up that the people who dont know whats going on can ask. Its not right for you to say that they are not. I myself asked what was going on cause i did not know. If people want to know and want to check it out, and saying they want a good laugh, is saying it because they realize the stuff is not true and laugh about it because its so stupid its funny. Im sorry i just needed to put my two cents in here because i cant believe how many people take this board so much to heart that they yell at other people, I think you didnt just take a personal attack on one person i think you were just yelling at everyone. Oh yeah and about the parents and pnm's seeing these sights i would hope that they would have enough common sense to find out a little more about it then just what one or two websites have to say.
longest

paragraph

ever.

Kitso
KS 361 more times easier it is to read you if you space some of that outl.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm sorry if I ticked anyone off. That wasn't my intention. But seriously, Sweedish Meatballs is a little different than some of the other accusations, don't ya think?
YES!!! I was talking about FS only, not the other site.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
APhi Diva - Thanks for that post. That was really nice of you.

And I sort of answered your last question in my above post (we must have been typing at the same time...)
No problem! And I wasn't really mad and didn't think you were trying to "yell" at me...I guess I just refuse to believe that anyone would take that stuff seriously and don't view it as a real threat to any of our organizations! But if my chapter were the subject of something like that, I'm sure I'd be raising hell, too!!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by SigEpPrez; 10-26-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

WPTW is a Svedish Meat Ball with no known spissageti!

He is an arrogant obnoxiuoius weed that should be Rounded up and be sprayed for parawquite'!

He never has anything nice to say on these posts!

"Well, maybe sometimes"!

What do you have to say Mister?

I will meet you anytime and any place as long as it has a Cold Lager or Ale! So there you scarlet varlet, I cannot wait for you to throw bier down my throat and "vice" versa!

Have you got the stones to go head to head?

I picture me as Sir Tomas, and you as the Hunch Back of baddum!

Respond less than sir slut puppy!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

So it's gone, LOL. My high school daughters used to spend a lot of time on that one and who knows what they posted on it? They're very Greek-savvy.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

???? are you talking abouit the slutied secret post?

These scum of the earth who have no other reason to post something than other is "Thar she blows"

I do not have tyhe aptitude to post long threads as I get Board very easily lose train fo thought and am Mature!

For of you that reember Earp Speak, it msay come back sooner thatn expectided!

LX Z # 1
Alumni