GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,117
0 members and 1,117 guests
No Members online

Old 10-28-2002, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Lmao

Lemme just tell you, I was CTFU when I saw the crap that was going on on trading spaces & While you were out this weekend!!! I was supposed to be studying but My brat was watching so I took a peek. The bedroom Kia did was pretty (minus the freak bed) and I knew the HO wouldn't like it. (the homeowner was pretty anal in the first place,"I would freak out if it's anything TOO ETHNIC") and The soccer players HATED their rooms. I wonder if you get a damn refund?
Old 10-28-2002, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Kia...again

Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
Oh yeah...in case I haven't said this enough - Kia sux! Ok, I'm through.
LOL... I must admit she hasn't done the best rooms I've seen.(it's looking pretty tight on her staying on the show) IMO, Vern and Laurie (go,homegirl!) is the bomb! Laurie has a very eclectic southern traditional style while Vern's look is Modern and somewhat neo-classic.

Now while you were out is a different story....is it me or is the carpenter on that show a moron? I think Chase is a good designer with the exception of that art deco room she did... (chuckling)
Old 10-28-2002, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Re: Re: Kia...again

Quote:
Originally posted by miss priss
....is it me or is the carpenter on that show a moron?
Oh my goodness! It's not just you. I was thinking the same thing! On the episode I saw, he kept messing up and cutting the wood in the wrong measurements. I was like come on, get it together. I think what WYWO is trying to do is get same cute-sexy-strong type carpenter image that Trading Spaces has in Ty, but it just ain't workin. I can cut wood better than ol' boy
Old 10-29-2002, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Kia...again

Quote:

Oh my goodness! It's not just you. I was thinking the same thing! On the episode I saw, he kept messing up and cutting the wood in the wrong measurements. I was like come on, get it together. I think what WYWO is trying to do is get same cute-sexy-strong type carpenter image that Trading Spaces has in Ty, but it just ain't workin. I can cut wood better than ol' boy
well whadaya know, great minds think alike!
Old 10-29-2002, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually liked Kia's room, suspended bed and all! I took it as the HO was some sort of freak because she said something like, "now everything that people think/say/believe (or something like that) about me is true because I have chain in my room!" I was like ? What exactly do people think about you? The wallpaper has got to G-O!!! That's it, that's all.

Hildi's room for the little boy was cool. The only problem that I have is when she said they can drag the mattresses out of the tent when they climb the wall. OK, I am supposed to let my kid climb a wall and depend on a mattress to catch his fall? The kid could barely form a sentence, so I know that I wouldn't let him climb up a wall! Otherwise, it was cool.

I MUST see the episode with the Hildi mural!! I'll have to catch it this week.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

TTT

"Trading Spaces: Family" premieres Sunday at 7/6 c. I will definitely be watching! I love Trading Spaces!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

These are my confessions!!

I am addicted to home makeover shows. I never watched Trading Spaces when it first debuted but I finally tuned in back in October. It is amazing what can be done. It is even more amazing some of these befores!!!

I finally saw Kia yesterday. It was Edward's design but she filled in for him.

I will be watching more often.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: TTT

Quote:
Originally posted by RedefinedDiva
"Trading Spaces: Family" premieres Sunday at 7/6 c. I will definitely be watching! I love Trading Spaces!
I DO NOT watch this show! The host is corny and they usually stick the "lesser known" designers on this show, like Barry (who messes up EVERYONE'S rooms!!!).

Paige is starting to work my nerves also....
Old 12-08-2004, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I've also grown addicted to HGTV. They feature Candice Olsen's Divine Design and every room she does is stellar.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've also grown addicted to HGTV. They feature Candice Olsen's Divine Design and every room she does is stellar.
A soror told me about her designs as well. What time does she come on?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...trading_spaces
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...trading_spaces
Hostless? I like Paige. How will they exchange keys now? Who will cheer them on? Who? Why? Oh the agony, lol.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Gonna Miss Her

I was lead to this post by CT4. I liked Paige and I'm going to miss her. I wonder if her leaving had to do with the Adult movie she was supposedly in... either way, I wonder how they are going to work this out on the show.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I can do without Paige. She gets on my nerves sometimes. She DEFINITELY annoys Frank, Kia, and Doug. She annoys Frank more than the others though. Y'all just have to catch how he looks at her and rushes her out of the rooms.

She gets in the way sometimes and she makes sitations worse than they have to be. I know that more than a few people have wanted to hit her when she tries to cheer them up when their room looks awful.

She is cool sometimes though. However, I wouldn't mind if she is gone. I do feel that the show needs a host. I can't wait to see how this "hostless" format plays out.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Re: Gonna Miss Her

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabeina
I was lead to this post by CT4. I liked Paige and I'm going to miss her. I wonder if her leaving had to do with the Adult movie she was supposedly in... either way, I wonder how they are going to work this out on the show.
Someone on TWoP posted something from the Post saying that it had to do with the video and a supposed weight gain. I don't know how much of that to believe since it is the New York Post, but if that's the reason, then I've lost the bit of respect for the show that I still had.