GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 903
1 members and 902 guests
John

Old 08-18-2003, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

You have a great attitude! Good luck, you're halfway through!
Old 08-18-2003, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

IT will all work out for the best! You have an awesome attitude...have an amazing rest of rush:-D
Old 08-18-2003, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the way you look at things! Have a great time, the chapters you have to choose from are outstanding!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:10 PM

Congrats on all those invites... good luck, and enjoy skit night.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck girlie! definetly keep us posted! I hope you get the house that'll make your college years some of the best ever!
Old 08-18-2003, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Woo hoo! I'm excited for you! Have a blast tonight
Old 08-18-2003, 09:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
you are going through recruitment with the best attitude! Good Luck! I think you will be sooo happy at the end of the road!
Old 08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

it's all good. just hang in and keep a smile. things have a way of working out in the long run.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

another great day!!! i can't wait to hear about skit parties!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

So I have had to play catch-up tonight but I have loved reading all of your thread.

As the others have told you, you are going through this with the BEST ATTITUDE I have ever seen with a PNM.

I wanted to comment about the laptop... I went from a desk top to a laptop and it is really hard now to type on a desk top fast because I am so use to the laptop keyboard. It isn't that the keys have changed but the space between keys has... it is a little mind boggling.

Good luck with the Skit nights and follow your heart not your head. I promise you will be ten times more happy with the end result.
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 08-19-2003, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck tonight! You do have an awesome attitude, and I know it shows through to these chapters! Can't wait for the update!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
I want to hear how her parties went??? Sweetchicky, where are you?? Hope all is well!!!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I love you all

Ya'll are so sweet...without GC I might have never rushed!!! Anyway I know you are dying to hear about last night so here it goes...sorry I didn't post last night but after all those parties...man, I was tired.

1 OK, I am going to tell you flat out, this is the chapter I want to be in. I love them. They have the sweetest girls. This is the chapter my heart tells me is my home, all the way, no doubts, and by far. Tghe skit was adorable. It was set up like MTV pick your sorority. Their was the geeky grades sorority, the rich QT sorrotiy and the ***'s. (The actual sorority) I wish i could tell you more about who they are because I have so much to say about them but I guess I have to wait Anyway, these are the girls for me.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

i hope that you get your dream house!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

ok now for the other 3 (I had to go look up their numbers from the beginning)

3, 5, 6

Three I really felt like I was starting to get closer to. They are really super sweet. The president came up to me and said she wanted to meet me cause she had heard a lot of good things about me. I thought that was the sweetest. They did a Wizard of Oz skit that was unbelievably adorable. One girl started singing during the skit and it put chills on me it was so good. This chapter is so cute and loveable. I think they are my second choice. The only problem is, a lot of the girls who I don't particularly care for going through rush, love this chapter!!! Hmmmmm I don't know what to think about that?

5 These girls are really sweet. I like them a lot. I feel so comfortable here like I fit in really well. The girl I was talking to was like telling me about all the famous alum and stuff liek that. I don't know...this and 3 are tied for second...I don't know who I am going to pref if I get invited back.

6 Tonight the conversation at 6 was awkward and I knew for sure that even though there were some absolutely fantastic ladies here, it is not the house for me. I did meet this one lady who I was talking to about student gov. She actually was telling me about an open position that relates closely to a position I held at my other school (I am a transfer). So that was good, to be able to do some networking....I love being involved and hopefully I will get the SG position. Their skit was really cute, a lot of dancing and stuff.

I like all of the houses a lot. I wish I didn't have to pref two because I know now where my heart is. I don't know what to expect from pref and I hear its emotional and I don't want to be fake with the chapter I choose that isn't my favorite. Also I am having a terrible time choosing and I have to meet my rho chi at 12.
The agony of it all....
ugh