» Online Users: 1,093
1 members and 1,092 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-18-2003, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
<snip>
(PS--Geeky, thanks for posting your lavalier, it made it so much easier to see the Gamma with the curl on the end!)
I'm glad it helped you! I love my lavalier, and I want the matching bracelet - I'm hoping GPBoy will get it for my birthday! My only worry is that if I get pinned, there aren't really any SigEp lavaliers that will match, and I want to wear both.

Is the AOII Emporium viewable by the public? I would love to see older badges!
Old 04-18-2003, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Well someday I'm going to get myself the stunningly amazing all diamond Theta badge... but at $830 (I envy you girls with the only $400 badges ) it'll be a loooong while.

In the meantime I'm going to pacify myself with either a plain white gold badge or (if I feel like saving up a teensy bit more) the pearl with emerald or sapphire points badge:

(sorry the pics are huge!)
Old 04-18-2003, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fijijr
But please believe me, my wife will wear the bling bling sweetheart badge with the diamonds and such.
Wow! Your wife will be a lucky lady! That FIJI sweetheart lavaliere is beautiful.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Is the AOII Emporium viewable by the public? I would love to see older badges!
Sure! http://www.aoiiemporium.com and go under jewelry --> official jewelry --> historical badges for info about types that are available for purchase by initiated members.

Also check out http://www.alphaomicronpi.org/conten...agmaframe.html and click on Summer 2002 --> Maintaining A Legacy (AOII Jewelry) for a great article on our official and historical jewelry.

Christin
Old 04-18-2003, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Big, are you out of your mind?????

They and all of the other Badges shown are Fantastic!!!!

I finally got a Grip on GPB Badge. Of Course it would be the real plain one that is gourgousesly buuutifull!

Dam, I wish I could learn how to put mine on, all uniqe in its own way!

Oh,:

APO, BX, and LXA!

NEVER LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN IN A WINDSTORM!

TTFN!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-18-2003, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

AOPi also hasa two-tone badge -- it's beautiful!

Last edited by OUKate; 04-18-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

i have been dying to ask this....for those of you who have upgraded....how often do you get to wear your badge???? until this year, i have been in a job that i wouldn't have been able to wear my pin to work for founders day or npc badge day. i have thought about getting a jeweled badge and turning it into a permanent ring, but i am not sure if i would wear it enough to go through the expense. i know that sounds terrible, but i am still a poor post-grad student who stayed in a very low-paying job for 2 years too long!

for those of you who have upgraded, do you feel that the expense was worth it? and has anyone had their badge turned into a ring? if so, do you get to wear it more often?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

pinkyphimu,

I wear my badge every chance I get. I, too, have a job that I can't wear it to. But I do often play in an orchestra @ a local church, and I always wear it when I play. And of course, any appropriate Phi Beta functions I wear it to.

There aren't a lot of other opportunities, but I still feel it was worth it. (Plus I gave my little my old badge [she didn't have one-long story] which was cool and I was glad to give it to her).

Phi Beta doesn't allow us to make any other types of jewelry out of our badges. I'd be afraid a ring might get too "banged up" in day-to-day use. But I have looked at various, less expensive options for Phi Beta rings to have a more 'casual' piece of jewelry.

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 04-24-2003, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Now that I bought the two-tone badge and wear it on a pendant, I wear it a couple times a week if possible. I got a long chain for it (Costco) and now I don't even have to mess with the clasp. My original badge I only wear to Founders Day and other rituals with the collegians and at convention.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkyphimu
i have thought about getting a jeweled badge and turning it into a permanent ring, but i am not sure if i would wear it enough to go through the expense. i know that sounds terrible, but i am still a poor post-grad student who stayed in a very low-paying job for 2 years too long!
Hey pinky...

I too have the 'student badge' and have often thought about getting a jeweled one. I'm not sure I can justify the expense, either (also crawling out of the post-grad school hole) so here's my solution:

It upsets me greatly to see our badges on Ebay -- they've kinda fallen into the wrong hands. There's also very little we can do about it. So, if I see one I like, I bid on it. Most of the time I'm outbid, as I can't afford nearly what other people are willing to pay. But I figure one day something will show up in my hands -- I'll have a nice badge, and it'll be back in the hands on a Phi Mu!
Old 04-30-2003, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Badge ring

I love my badge ring. I wear it daily. It is a really ODD day when I am not wearing at least one piece of AOII jewelry.

On a funny aside...My husband seems to think that wearing my AOII badge helps to keep my temper under control as I do not want to disgrace my letters!

Silver
Old 04-30-2003, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

How large is the ring? I've never seen most badges (ya only sorority on campus), so I keep thinking a ring badge would be huge!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

size of ring badge

On my ring badge, the ring backing is larger than the badge itself. Hence, it is rather large. But, as I am older, larger jewelry is not too overbearing....
Silver
Old 04-30-2003, 10:34 PM

Silver, honey, you're not old!!!

Here's a link to a picture of our badge ring, with a badge mounted on the ring base. It's simply stunning.
http://www.aoiiemporium.com/store/co...?idproduct=387

Christin
Old 05-01-2003, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Greekgrrl

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!
This is quite simply one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry I have ever seen!